Mick's Unquenchable Rage: Whence it Sprang?

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
rog
Sucks Fan

Mick's Unquenchable Rage: Whence it Sprang?

Post by rog » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:50 am

rog
Sucks Fan

Re: Mick's Unquenchable Rage: Whence it Sprang?

Post by rog » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:12 am

Mr Barstow, Wall Street Journal, July 2013

https://archive.md/DWslQ#selection-2383.101-2382.1

rog
Sucks Fan

Post by rog » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:13 am

"Anonymous", Patrick C. Fleming Blog, August 2013

http://www.pcfleming.com/2013/08/19/con ... wikipedia/

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:39 am

It's possible. Were you around for the Betacommand follies? It was one of Wikipedia's worst "crises of control", of all time, and it was barely noticed anywhere else. Betacommand was batshit and his self-written bots were abominations. Lots of admins and arbitrators gave that little fuck the "benefit of the doubt" because he was a vandalism patroller AND a coder who could write custom bots for other patrollers. Not a very GOOD coder, but when has competence ever mattered on Wikipedia?

You know you've got a real maniac on your hands, when there's a special section of AN/I dedicated to him. It took the bastards SIX YEARS and megabytes of squabbling to decide to block him permanently. And even after the 2011 arbitration that was supposed to ban him, he sockpuppeted, made friends on IRC, and then talked someone into unbanning him in 2012. Which led to ANOTHER arbitration and banishment. But he kept pushing, and managed to get unbanned again in 2017. Leading to this turd-river.

He finally gave up and bailed last year. After FIFTEEN YEARS of fucking up Wikipedia routinely.

rog
Sucks Fan

Post by rog » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:43 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:39 am
It's possible. Were you around for the Betacommand follies?
No, a little before my time. Mick you probably remember all that don't you?

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:01 am

rog wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:43 am
ericbarbour wrote:
:roll:

Surely even a talentless dickhead like you would appreciate a serious critic would know the Betacommand case very well, whether they were around at the time or not? It would be required reading. Entry level stuff.

Being an expert critic, lauded by members of all venues and stripes in my time, I of course not only know the broad strokes, I know the fucking dirty details.

I know what Black Kite did, for example, toward the very end of the saga, when most amateur hour fucks like you had stopped paying attention, because of your kinds well known attention defecit issues.

So I know that fucking scumbag lied to the community, betraying his sworn oath to Wikipedia because in his sheer arrogance, he thought his tin badge meant he had the right to supplant his view of what was good for Wikipedia, over the collective.

And I know the powers that be, which in all likelihood included NewYorkBrad himself, because when has it ever not, chose to look the other way, because it suited them, setting themselves up as they had for quite the crisis, if they let the whole truth of Betacommand be known.

And I also know the brave and moral investigators of Wikipediocracy decided that, well, nah, that's not something they care about, and that if someone should try and use their forum to challenge their very dear dear and long time member Black Kite on it, they are to be treated not as a fellow traveller, but as a threat.

I remember that shit.

I take shit like that very, very, personally.

This is the source of my rage, Michael. An example. Sadly, one of many. All avoidable.

I did warn them. I am nothing if not fair and reasonable.

I took it as a betrayal. It was allegedly a given, before the Jake takeover, that Wikipediocracy was to be a broad church. There was room for reformers and smashers. But even in a broad church, you should be allowed to sound the alarm when one of the congregants is touching kids. This is an analogy, in case anyone gets the wrong idea. But in relative terms, not far off, as I understand the moral code of the Wikishits.

But no. Turns out even back then, and most assuredly after Jake did his little relaunch and sold his soul, it really is the place where a scumbag like Black Kite can touch all the kids he wants, and he can hide under a Jake's skirts just assuredly as he can hide behind Wikipedia's walls.

Such a thing offends my sense of morality. My sense of who the victims of Wikipedia are, and who are the corrupt scum who enable them really are.

I wasn't asking for much. I'd have not gone for his head for one tiny little lie, no matter how grave, not least since he didn't, through no lack of trying, succeed in his goal. Just an ear, perhaps

A symbolic wounding. A lesson. His own actual disciplinary history within the cult would have done the rest. His natural end. The system working, at least at times, in some small way.

But no. I asked too much, apparently. And was, quite surprisingly even for a venue with sawdust floors, expected not to rise to the sight of the man telling me to my fucking face that I was wrong or mistaken if not plain crazy. Whichever bullshit he thought could get away with. And Jake is nothing if not an amenable host to Wikipedia Administrators who pay him due fealty, as we well know.

What could I do, but toss a few chairs and break a few legs? What can I say, I am a product of my hometown. A boy done good.

I don't doubt this and other observations of the faithful, who of course, defied Jake's wishes and freely talked amongst themselves about ecumenical matters, are why there was a gradual departure of the great and the good, both the violent and the pacifist alike, and the diseased carcass under his inspiring leadership and your deputy priesthood, is what is left.

And so, here we are. If I miss out a ton of intermediate history.

I'm not saying anything here that your bosses don't already know.

It's all there in the files, unless Jake has burnt them, fearing his eventual trial.

It's your dumb luck that they're happily keeping you in the dark about who really made me interested in what sort of bastard boasts about telling lies about the Mail, and thinks he can get away with it because he claims to have been working for the critic cause.

You are working for your own torturers, you dumb bastard. Although as I think we covered last week, I half suspect you know that, and enjoy it. No matter. It will happen regardless, the point being it serves many uses to the New Religion.

Your masters perhaps think that by pummelling you I will somehow have less time to serve them their dues and they can have a well earned respite. As always, they underestime the depth and purity of the kind of hate that sustains a person like me.

In their most unguarded moments, they seem to know me so well. It's when they're filtering their thoughts to perhaps convince others they don't deserve an ounce of this rage, that they make mistakes. You have perhaps noticed this yourself?

Or perhaps even that asks too much of a part timer like yourself.

Never mind.

HTD.

rog
Sucks Fan

Post by rog » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:48 am

Thanks for clearing that up, Mick.

Anger is an energy. Direct it wisely my friend.

Joe Crow
Sucks

Post by Joe Crow » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:51 pm

Leave him alone!

Mick is a very special guy. Exceptional even.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:52 am

:D

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:26 pm

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:01 am
rog wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:43 am
ericbarbour wrote:
:roll:

Surely even a talentless dickhead like you would appreciate a serious critic would know the Betacommand case very well, whether they were around at the time or not? It would be required reading. Entry level stuff.

Being an expert critic, lauded by members of all venues and stripes in my time, I of course not only know the broad strokes, I know the fucking dirty details.

I know what Black Kite did, for example, toward the very end of the saga, when most amateur hour fucks like you had stopped paying attention, because of your kinds well known attention defecit issues.

So I know that fucking scumbag lied to the community, betraying his sworn oath to Wikipedia because in his sheer arrogance, he thought his tin badge meant he had the right to supplant his view of what was good for Wikipedia, over the collective.

And I know the powers that be, which in all likelihood included NewYorkBrad himself, because when has it ever not, chose to look the other way, because it suited them, setting themselves up as they had for quite the crisis, if they let the whole truth of Betacommand be known.

And I also know the brave and moral investigators of Wikipediocracy decided that, well, nah, that's not something they care about, and that if someone should try and use their forum to challenge their very dear dear and long time member Black Kite on it, they are to be treated not as a fellow traveller, but as a threat.

I remember that shit.

I take shit like that very, very, personally.

This is the source of my rage, Michael. An example. Sadly, one of many. All avoidable.

I did warn them. I am nothing if not fair and reasonable.

I took it as a betrayal. It was allegedly a given, before the Jake takeover, that Wikipediocracy was to be a broad church. There was room for reformers and smashers. But even in a broad church, you should be allowed to sound the alarm when one of the congregants is touching kids. This is an analogy, in case anyone gets the wrong idea. But in relative terms, not far off, as I understand the moral code of the Wikishits.

But no. Turns out even back then, and most assuredly after Jake did his little relaunch and sold his soul, it really is the place where a scumbag like Black Kite can touch all the kids he wants, and he can hide under a Jake's skirts just assuredly as he can hide behind Wikipedia's walls.

Such a thing offends my sense of morality. My sense of who the victims of Wikipedia are, and who are the corrupt scum who enable them really are.

I wasn't asking for much. I'd have not gone for his head for one tiny little lie, no matter how grave, not least since he didn't, through no lack of trying, succeed in his goal. Just an ear, perhaps

A symbolic wounding. A lesson. His own actual disciplinary history within the cult would have done the rest. His natural end. The system working, at least at times, in some small way.

But no. I asked too much, apparently. And was, quite surprisingly even for a venue with sawdust floors, expected not to rise to the sight of the man telling me to my fucking face that I was wrong or mistaken if not plain crazy. Whichever bullshit he thought could get away with. And Jake is nothing if not an amenable host to Wikipedia Administrators who pay him due fealty, as we well know.

What could I do, but toss a few chairs and break a few legs? What can I say, I am a product of my hometown. A boy done good.

I don't doubt this and other observations of the faithful, who of course, defied Jake's wishes and freely talked amongst themselves about ecumenical matters, are why there was a gradual departure of the great and the good, both the violent and the pacifist alike, and the diseased carcass under his inspiring leadership and your deputy priesthood, is what is left.

And so, here we are. If I miss out a ton of intermediate history.

I'm not saying anything here that your bosses don't already know.

It's all there in the files, unless Jake has burnt them, fearing his eventual trial.

It's your dumb luck that they're happily keeping you in the dark about who really made me interested in what sort of bastard boasts about telling lies about the Mail, and thinks he can get away with it because he claims to have been working for the critic cause.

You are working for your own torturers, you dumb bastard. Although as I think we covered last week, I half suspect you know that, and enjoy it. No matter. It will happen regardless, the point being it serves many uses to the New Religion.

Your masters perhaps think that by pummelling you I will somehow have less time to serve them their dues and they can have a well earned respite. As always, they underestime the depth and purity of the kind of hate that sustains a person like me.

In their most unguarded moments, they seem to know me so well. It's when they're filtering their thoughts to perhaps convince others they don't deserve an ounce of this rage, that they make mistakes. You have perhaps noticed this yourself?

Or perhaps even that asks too much of a part timer like yourself.

Never mind.

HTD.
For the people who don't have time to know their ass from their elbow.

HTD.

:flamingbanana: