RIP

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
The End
Sucks Fan

Re: RIP

Post by The End » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:34 pm

I did get an email from Bluehost about upgrading their servers on March 13. Maybe that's the problem? The email:

The Bluehost team is dedicated to providing you with the best resources for you and your website. So, we're excited to announce that we will be upgrading all of our servers to newer versions of Apache and providing newer versions PHP (including PHP 7.1 & 7.2). The upgraded versions provide better data processing, which can improve the performance and speed of your website.

When will maintenance begin? We will start the maintenance process on March 13 at 6 PM EST and will continually monitor your website. We anticipate less than 5 minutes of slowness/downtime during the upgrade itself.

What action do I need to take? If you'd like to take advantage of the newer PHP versions, please log into your account and use the PHP Config tool (once the upgrade is complete). Please ensure you test your site after changing the PHP version, as generally only the latest applications support the latest PHP versions.

We recommend updating all of your web installations to the latest version--including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or any other Content Management Tool that you may use--as soon as possible. For custom or unique PHP code, please see the PHP Migration Guide by PHP.net.

Questions? If you have any questions, please visit the Bluehost help center.

Sincerely,

The Bluehost Team
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

The End
Sucks Fan

Re: RIP

Post by The End » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:37 pm

Oh, nevermind. It's back and unrelated to the upgrade apparently.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... ead#unread
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade