View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:27 am




Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jake and his log cabin 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3208
Reply with quote
Quote:
I've probably said this a couple of times already, but I suppose it bears repeating - there's no need for anyone here to apologize about what they're calling "outing" and "harassment." By any rational real-world definition, we haven't done either of those things. What some of us have done is assume that the relationship between the two individuals in question is sexual, when we apparently don't have anything definitive or documented about this - i.e., a publicly-posted statement of some kind from either of them stating that their relationship isn't just platonic. We wouldn't expect to find such a statement, but it's still an obvious conjecture, an extremely easy conclusion to draw based on the circumstances that we do know about.

I (for one) have no intention of going back and trying to "sanitize" this thread of any such references, vulgar or otherwise, barring a drastic change in circumstances. That said, it obviously doesn't make us look like super-nice people to have those references scattered about, but it's a criticism site, so being super-nice isn't exactly a realistic goal for us in any event.
The very next posts? Pictures of two women together in perfectly normal friendship poses (I believe the kids call it "hugging"), with Vigilant claiming it is proof of a sexual relationship........

If you're scum and you know it clap your hands!
If you're scum and you know it clap your hands!

Not engaged in harassment? What would you freaks know about that? Ask a women if what you're doing is legitimate criticism, or a matter for law enforcement? Rifling through their digital knicker drawers is what you're doing, and clearly getting off on it.

Do you guys even know any women? Do you let them see what you get up to online?

There's critics and there's creeps. You're the creeps.


Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3208
Reply with quote
Quote:
Throughout this entire episode, she could easily have been able to tell herself that she was doing the right thing, without even a moment of self-doubt. It all just boils down to personal priorities, and hers may be hard (or even impossible) for many of us to understand or appreciate, but those priorities don't necessarily make her a bad person.
:lol:

At least he admits it!

The female / minority perspective on the hostility of the Wikipedia community - totally lost on them.

If you're scum and you know it clap your hands.....
If you're scum and you know it clap your hands.....


Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3208
Reply with quote
Quote:
Beyond that, at this point I don't see any reason not to conclude that the Laura Hale/Fram situation is exactly what it appears to be: Favoritism shown to a highly problematic user because of her personal relationship to someone in a position of power, to punish someone for trying to hold that user to account. (Relentlessly, and often abrasively hold that user to account, but still, trying.)
Nice to see the leadership of Wikipediocracy finally admitting they are as dumb as their "investigators."

Shall I list the myriad ways this conspiracy theory falls down at even the slightest of pushes? Oh no, wait, I think I already have........ :?

If only Jake didn't keep banning people who were not afraid to call his most respected members out when they were talking utterly unsupportable shite for transparently biased reasons.

If people need to know what the dumbass rebel Wikipedians think, they can just read Wikipedia, no?

What the fuck have you actually uncovered to support this hokey theory, that they have not? At least they have the excuse that they're dumb and crazily addicted and genuinely think the wikigovernment is coming to take away their wikiguns and have no idea how much of a bunch of women hating scuzzballs they really come across as.

The fuck is your excuse, Mr. I'm not one of those freaks? :?:

As before, I will take your silence as an admission you have literally nothing to say in your defence.

HTD.


Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:10 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Graaf Statler wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Auggie wrote:
haha right. You didn't address the point. Your legal jibber-jabber is embarrassing and irrelevant to running an encyclopedia-like website. It's complete fantasy.


Midsize Joker wrote:
Auggie, I'm going to have to ask you to please cool it on this. Sure, some of what he's posting may come close to jibber-jabber territory, but most of it is perfectly on-point and there are those of us who really do appreciate his being here and posting it. And I do vaguely recall you agreeing, at least in principle, to avoid the PvP stuff if at all possible...?

Aside from that, carry on.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


yes it seemed like a bit of an overreaction. :lol:

CrowsNest wrote:
Standard procedure. Some members can call other people's posts jibber jabber or whatnot, while others just can't.

Animal Farm stuff. Wikipedia imitation at its finest.


Exactly. The Somey school of moderation divides all forumites into "low value" or "high value" members. If you're a Wikipedia admin, you're automatically high value. If you hop around and scream on Wikipedia drama boards like an overcaffeinated monkey, you're high value. It doesn't matter if what you say is tedious or even makes any sense.

But he does have a point. PvP tends to scare away sensitive folk, and I did promise to lay off it.


Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:06 am
Profile
Psyop
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:56 pm
Posts: 1443
Reply with quote
I would have said something earlier, but, y'know, meh. Jake and Vigilant can have each other, and love each other, and rub each other in nasty places. If they want to. :roll:


Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:20 am
Posts: 2436
Reply with quote
This is really style tabloid or even worser.
https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 50#p242191

Quote:
Laura Michelle Hale wrote:
............she helped calm me so I could focus on things that matter in life...........

eagle wrote:
By "things that matter in life" does Dr. Hale mean "getting Fram SanFranBanned"?


Quote:
Damn they are married?? Seems to be the first of any sort of official confirmation of their relationship. Or it could be another attempt at some sort of manipulation, who knows.
..


Jake wrote:
We wouldn't expect to find such a statement, but it's still an obvious conjecture, an extremely easy conclusion to draw based on the circumstances that we do know about.
.
We have a real good therm in Dutch for this kind of practises, Jake.

Rioolpraktijken. Sewerage practices.

_________________
Mijn blog. (In Dutch) of kom eens gezellig bij de Kolonel langs in Eerbeek.
En kijk eens hier, het "Verboden" lijstje van door mij aangemaakte artiklen.

. Image
.Winner of
The SanBan


Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:20 am
Posts: 2436
Reply with quote
MrErnie wrote:
I think that whole quote should be emphasized...

I am sorry MrErnie, but this is disgusting. I am myself deep involved in the Adb law case against WMF and I have consulted even a lawyer myself, but trying to hurt the reputation in this way of this young lady is unprecedented.

There is simple not any proof or evidence of her involvement in the FramBam soap, and that is a fact, MrErnie. And the rest is Utter Fucking Bullshit.

_________________
Mijn blog. (In Dutch) of kom eens gezellig bij de Kolonel langs in Eerbeek.
En kijk eens hier, het "Verboden" lijstje van door mij aangemaakte artiklen.

. Image
.Winner of
The SanBan


Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3208
Reply with quote
They can't hurt her at all. Wife loves wife, is not news. Multi-million dollar charity guilty of corruption would be news. We await the evidence. I say it doesn't exist. I say it if it did, it would have leaked by now, if not from ArbCom, then by any number of Foundation employees or executives who would rather not be implicated in what would be a huge scandal.


Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:20 am
Posts: 2436
Reply with quote
Vigilant wrote:
Now we wait until this appears on WP:FRAM...


Crow wrote:
We await the evidence. I say it doesn't exist. I say it if it did, it would have leaked by now, if not from ArbCom, then by any number of Foundation employees or executives who would rather not be implicated in what would be a huge scandal.

Again a lot of hopping around overcaffeinated and screaming monkey's on a Wikipedia drama board, Vig. And when can we except that killer evidence what fade WMF away?

_________________
Mijn blog. (In Dutch) of kom eens gezellig bij de Kolonel langs in Eerbeek.
En kijk eens hier, het "Verboden" lijstje van door mij aangemaakte artiklen.

. Image
.Winner of
The SanBan


Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3208
Reply with quote
Jake is all in.....
Quote:
Well, I guess that answers that question.

Thanks for finding that... so much for expectations. She had to know that was publicly available and that someone would find it, though - it almost beggars belief that she, or they, would go ahead with the T&S complaint and somehow expect that nobody would suspect it was her, and that once the nature of their relationship was known (if not before), that they wouldn't immediately conclude that there was rampant favoritism - actual nepotism - involved, once the WMF took action on her behalf.

I mean, obviously women are just as capable of doing crazy and stupid things as men, but call me old-fashioned, I guess I still can't help being surprised by it.
Sorry, but who is assuming this is what happened? Other than a bunch of absolute freaks, stalkers, women haters and the exact people T&S would have been banning on similar grounds as Fram had the rebels not succeeded, who thinks this is what has actually happened?

You're total idiots. You're the people who genuinely thought it was an accident or oversight that Hale had kept that quote about Fram on her user page, seeing it as a gotcha. Sorry, but how thick are you people, really? That is the best evidence yet that she wasn't the person who complained to T&S in the expectation her identity would be kept secret.

You're the people who have taken four weeks to figure out they were married, even though it was a matter of public record as part of the Board election, leading to the entirely expected recusal, which as any idiot would know, cannot and does not confirm or deny the identity of any complainants, it all merely confirmed the Foundation is not half as corrupt or incompetent as you loons are claiming.

What has happened since is evidence of what the sort of people who hate the idea shitheels like Fram can be held to account by the Foundation, are truly capable of. Hounding women to the ends of the internet, forcing them to vanish because you cannot stand the fact they might have had complaints of harassment taken seriously. At this point, you better be praying she was the complainant, otherwise you look like, well, you know what you look like.

Take it to the press, if you think it stands up. Oh no, wait, it has already been published in reliable source as a theory originating from you crackpots and your sicko mates on Wikipedia......
Quote:
On Wikipedia and in the forums of Wikipediocracy, a site where Wikipedians gather to discuss and criticize Wikipedia, users speculated about a secret romantic connection between the woman editor and a member of the Wikimedia Foundation board
Who cared? Who bothered to chase up this potential smoking gun and land themselves a serious story? Nobody. Why? They're all in on the conspiracy, obviously.

You lot have cared more about this theory than even Fram, who even now, wants no part of joining your crew. Imagine that. Rejected by Fram, even when your entire output is essentially devoted to chasing down his arch nemesis whose marital status is the real reason he was banned.

:roll: :lol:

How the fuck do these fools carry any credibility? Is it not the case that all they are, is a gossip rag. It used to be called the island of broken toys. Now it should be known as the last bastion of male ego. Little boys lost, frightened about the societal changes swirling around them, lashing out at any women they can conceivably blame for their withering penis power.


Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:09 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group ColorizeIt.
Designed by ST Software.