'Paddo Vigilant' wrote something - again

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: 'Paddo Vigilant' wrote something - again

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:04 am

Apparently Jimbo hates, hates, hates wikinews and tried to get it shut down at one point.
Hmmm. See, if Vigillant still had credibility, I might have thought welk, that's strange, I don't recall this incident, but it probably happened. Since Vigilant no longer has any credibility, I feel safe in assuming this is Vigilant either totally making shit up, or totally misrepresenting what I seem to recall was a spat between Wikinewsies over the usual thing that annoys Jimmy, people letting their passion spill over into assholery. Perhaps because he wouldn't help them persuade Wikipedia to stop stealing their market, by routinely violating WP:NOTNEWS. This a long way from wanting Wikinews shut down, which has, if I recall, only ever proposed by Wikipedians.

I mean, Jimmy trying to get an WMF project it down? That's explosive. That's something you'd write a blog post about, no?

As anyone who is selective about their source of criticism, they'd know Jimmy chose to completely go outside the WMF universe to create a crowd sourced news site, because he knew Wikipedia has basically killed Wikinews at birth, and wouldn't get behind it even if Jimmy somehow relaunched it, but more importantly he knew he couldn't integrate serious journalism, which necessarily requires taking proactive responsibility for what you publish, into the Wikipedia model, where all the responsibility is transferred to the reader.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:31 am

Now I've refreshed my memory (just to prove to Vigilant now easy it is to stop and think before you spout utter shit), Wales basically came to "hate" Wikinews, if you can even call it that, because his attempts to understand and help fix what he thought was wrong with their project, was met by what he saw as "hostility" from the Wikinewsies, specifically Brian, who were annoyed that Jimmy basically did what he does a lot - say he's come to listen to concerns and offer suggestions, when in reality he was basically not listening and not all that concerned with understanding what they thought the site was for and what was holding it back. As is pretty clear with hindsight, this engagement only happened because he had already given up on Wikinews in terms of genuinely offering his help, and was trying to understand what mistakes he needed to avoid to make his future WikiTribune project a success. Clearly, he failed. If there is an effective way to do "citizen journalism" with wiki-sauce, a very different activity to scraping and dumping news into Wikipedia articles, it continues to elude both the Wikinewsies and Jimmy.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:44 am

Only Vigilant can conflate the impending partial block feature and the partial Foundation ban, in a desperate attempt to further attack WMF Engineering and T&S, and therefore by some extension, breathe life into what is by now a pretty dead Framban conspiracy theory.

Ridiculously desperate.

TImmy, you still standing by that claim this guy does his research?

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:11 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Only Vigilant can conflate the impending partial block feature and the partial Foundation ban, in a desperate attempt to further attack WMF Engineering and T&S, and therefore by some extension, breathe life into what is by now a pretty dead Framban conspiracy theory.
Ridiculously desperate.

Yeah, that was a desperate attempt to say something, anything, whatever, just remain in the spotlight.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Vig wrote:The Hasten the Day party would like to thank ARBCOM and Trust and Safety, with a special shout out to the Board of Trustees(wink, wink, nudge, nudge), for your generous contributions

You have overloads and knights, Vig. Our best and most strategic soldiers and infantry are you guy's, yes you.
We would never, never be able to destroy wikipedia in the effective way you guys do. We simple can not improve you.
We mourn every fallen wikipedian, yes we do. We cry day and night about our falen star Fram, what would the HTD mouvement be without him, Vig?

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:15 am

Bidgee refutes some claims of Jbh/Vig:
As someone who was part of the HoPAu project, I just want to clear up some allegations you have made based off inaccurate assumptions. The vanished user was never employed or paid by the APC, the WiR was only 6 months during 2012, there was no $100/hr position/job. The 2017-2018 Annual Report you have taken out of context, those people named were not paid but are/were volunteers in the project. 00:12, 21 September 2019 (UTC)

What has Vigilant to say? Show evidence? Nah. A funny gif.
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10443&start=3450#p251118

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:21 am

"I don't believe you" :lol:

It's not about what you believe, dipshit.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:35 pm

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10592&view=unread#p251158
Vig wrote:You're not upset about endemic corruption at the highest levels of the WMF because it's hard to do anything about it?

Carcharoth wrote:I'm not happy about it, but there are other things I care about more.
What would you suggest should be done?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
That's a nice way of saying "Who cares, but, well go ahead if you must."
I'm surprised Carcharoth even answered.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10592&view=unread#p251170
Vig wrote:I dunno man, that might be the most spineless thing I've ever read.

Carcharoth wrote::D

Not just spineless, but the MOST :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Apparently anybody, who does not join ranks immediately in Vig's private corruption-inquisition-army, is a spineless bastard :D
Ladies and gentlemen, that's how to avoid a difficult question: "What would you suggest should be done?"
And Carcharoth just shrugs it off :D :D :D
Respect

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Ha, Ha Ha Abd! That is fun!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:16 pm

Vigilant had a choice. He's could write a blog alerting the world to the endemic corruption at the heart of their favourite encyclopedia, or he could send his army of flying monkeys to poop in the eyes of people who have no power to do anything about it even if they did believe it.

Vigilant chose air-dropped monkey poop.

You gotta stick with what you know.