'Paddo Vigilant' wrote something - again

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Re: 'Paddo Vigilant' wrote something - again

Post by JuiceBeetle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Fram's RfA just keeps on giving: GoldenRing losing it on Vigilant, and Vigilant losing it on GoldenRing. Quoted for posterity, more to come, grab popcorn.
It breaks the forum, thus not quoted in full: "You may embed only 3 quotes within each other."
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10758&view=unread#p251856

Vigilant wrote:
GoldenRing wrote:
Vigilant wrote:You know, as a clerk for the highest deliberative body on en.wp, I would wish that you understood that the process being followed and being seen to be fair and equitable is vastly more important than the outcome for any given case.

You have a very basic misunderstanding of what Wikipedia is. WP:NOJUSTICE is not policy but it's right. WP:NOTBUREAU is policy which directly contradicts what you've said above. In particular, "A procedural error made in a proposal or request is not grounds for rejecting that proposal or request." Wikipedia is not a legal system or a system for achieving equitable outcomes; it is an encyclopaedia.

Drink that koolaid, son.
Quote those wiki-policies, as if it makes it right.

If it were 'an encyclopaedia', Laura Hale wouldn't have been allowed to shit it up for a decade and Fram wouldn't have been the only gatekeeper. What you have is a social network of petty political players, most who are utterly incapable of 'writing an encyclopaedia' even if their life depended on it, who play at nasty politics.

The case was not predicated on a procedural error, it was fundamentally designed to be unfair, with the outcome preordained.

You participated in it as a Good German.
"I vas just follwink orders!"

GoldenRing wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
GoldenRing wrote:You don't like the rules, piss off and make your own encyclopaedia.

America, Love it or Leave it!
The cry of the frustrated fascist.

Touched a nerve there, son?

The best part is, you know I'm right.

You're wrong, and you have abominable taste in hats.

Vigilant wrote:GoldenRingPiece, "Oh look, I got called out hard and don't have a cogent response. I'm gonna try saying something super random (and hope it's funny) to try to defuse the situation.

That always works with the speds on en.wp.

Oh lord, why does the Eye of Sauron not move from staring at me?!!?"

I'm not one of the feeble-minded, lick-spittles of wikipedia who is 'trying to build an encyclopaedia'. (What is it with the ae pretentious dipshittery anyway?)
This is a criticism site.
You might have wandered away from your safe space, son.

If you want to have a conversation, then you need to hold your end up.
If you're looking for a support group to validate your feelings about your abominable participation in a grossly unfair process, then you've come to the wrong place.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:53 pm

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10758&start=200#p251859
GoldenRing wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
This assumes an evolutionary view of politics, and denies the possibility that national politics can be the governance of a nation for the good of all people, not just the ruling elite. --[[User:GoldenRing|GoldenRing]] 01:48, Aug 5, 2004 (UTC)

Irony!

And, dear God, you have too much time on your hands.

Vigilant wrote:It was your third edit.
It was contribs->oldest->click.

I'm sorry that operating computer systems is so difficult for you.

Do not fear that I have failed to notice that you didn't respond to the content of the message, that you appear to be a bit of a hypocrite, yet again attempting to deflect.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:53 pm

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10758&start=200#p251860
GoldenRing wrote:
Vigilant wrote:If you want to have a conversation, then you need to hold your end up.
If you're looking for a support group to validate your feelings about your abominable participation in a grossly unfair process, then you've come to the wrong place.

Fine. I'll leave off the hats, since they seem important to you.

vigilant wrote:I would wish that you understood that the process being followed and being seen to be fair and equitable is vastly more important than the outcome for any given case.

This is false. More important for achieving what end? You've already said you're not interested in producing an encyclopaedia (and sorry, the spelling is just habit) so what makes it important? If your answer boils down to "natural justice is important for its own sake" then get off your arse and go volunteer for Save the Children in Syria or something equally noble and quit whinging about the horrific injustices that are meted out on a website.

You might want it to be vastly more important, but nothing makes it so.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:15 pm

We all love Vig here, Sweetie. Where other should we have to talk about otherwise?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:53 am

:lol:
Dude.

You're so gross right now.
It must be all the time spent on Wikipedia that's done this to you.

There's a principle at stake here and you're seemingly content to let that die in order to get your Fram hate fuck on.
How is it that a strong Hasten the Day guy like me has a stronger moral compass about on-wiki due process than you do?!

You're honestly making me nauseous right now.
Any time you want taking off that pedestal Princess, you come right on over here.

I got a whole bucket of vomit for what you laughingly call a moral compass.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:30 am

Well said.....
If you want to have a conversation, then you need to hold your end up.

....for a guy who is hiding in his very own support group as we speak.

I look forward to Vigilant withdrawing the Wikipediocracy provided validation from......ah fuck, who am I kidding? For this fake-ass punk, if you're not somehow connected to the LH conspiracy, you're fine and dandy, use the place for whatever you like, ignore whoever you want.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:10 pm

Another sweet encounter between Vig and now Parabola in the neighborhood:
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10724&view=unread#p252409

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:13 pm

This deserved its due recognition.
I had a tumblr account, I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. otherkins on fire off the shoulder of dreamwidth. I watched callout posts glitter in the dark near the dashcon ballpit. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Duly recognised.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Jimmy_Wales wrote:.....Fram, if our systems were working better, should have been desysopped a long time ago - his failed RfA shows why......
Fuck you, Jimmy.

Why don't you run for RfA again and find out how that works for you?

Someone's upset.

A serious critic won't have been remotely surprised by this comment, as it is entirely consistent with Jimmy's long standing views of what's broken on Wikipedia, and why it's not getting fixed.

It explains his stance on Framgate, setting himself up as the man of the people against the over-stepping Foundation, very well. Certain people just didn't realize he didn't mean them. They're more, well, Wikipediocracy people.

Different positions in the organization with different methods, but clearly having the same aims.

Do your research, and you won't look like a tit half as much.

And you look like a proper tit with this outburst. As interesting as a reconfirmation on Jimmy might be for observers (I wonder which way Bishonen would go!), win or lose, it would change nothing. He doesn't even block people anymore, and his warnings are already widely ignored, so if anything a desysop merely formalized the de facto situation, namely for all Jimmy's powers in the organization, on en.wiki he doesn't mean shit.

So if you're gonna open your yap hole, even in haste/anger, at least try and say something vaguely useful and informative.

Still, at least he didn't say this was proof Jimmy was part of the conspiracy all along. I bet he thought about saying it though.