'Paddo Vigilant' wrote something - again

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: 'Paddo Vigilant' wrote something - again

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:17 am

Traveling Vig wrote:It's clear that I'm a vastly more talented and proficient writer than you.

Your shabby gnoming skills wouldn't ever allow you to land a paid gig writing, not even a Wikipedian in Residence, but still, why did you waste all that time, how many years, on en.wp?
For what, exactly?

This is the normal attitude of the advanced Wikipedian. I am sooooo good. I can afford it myself to be the tremendous jerk because I am soooooo briljant. I am so, how shall i put it, I am soooooooo intellectual. They all are what we call miskende genieën, unsung geniuses.

Little man have a long, long shadow in the wiki evening sun. And their shadow reach even further if they stand on someone else. That is what they think. But here, in this absolute no safe space we shine the light of scrutiny strait in there face so anyone can see how a little man and how sad they are. They are really sad people.

Vig, Silicons golden boy. Timmy, the top intellectual. Give me a break.
People who really have reached something will never, never behaved themself in this way. They are just a bunch of born losers just like most wiki heroes are.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:30 pm

If I'm general counsel.....BLAH BLAH BLAH
So much fucking bullshit about shit he clearly doesn't understand.

If I was general counsel and if by some miracle Eric decided to do something he says he's going to do and actually figured out how to do it (to be fair, it is not exactly hard), then I would comply.

I'd say, here you go Eric Corbett, here is all the personal data we are holding in relation to your account.

Now, what is he going to do with it? Nothing. It won't help him, because whether the CU check confirmed sock-puppetry or not, the data associated with his account, doesn't change. He doesn't get to see any data related to any other account or IP, whether it was him or not (assuming obviously he is denying it is him), because it doesn't become associated with his account (and therefore his to claim under GDPR) unless or until he says it is him. Their blocks are irrelevant, especially as they are being done by volunteers in their role as agents of the autonomous self-government of en.wiki.

And that brings us to the most hilarious part of all this. Eric Corbett can get his data from the WMF under GDPR only after he has proven to them that User:Eric Corbett is controlled by the real life person contacting them with a request. Which will be difficult if he has really scrambled his password. If he has, what a ballache to have to go through the rigmarole of regaining access to the account, just for this. If he hasn't, well done, because the price for obtaining this data is letting the WMF know your claim to have scrambled your password was a self-serving lie. And in the process, of course, he has to give up personally identifying information, an email or postal address or even digital identifiers, to get nothing that helps him in return.

Vigilant is going on like the WMF are going to use this as a way to bury Eric in red tape and expensive legal costs. He is both an idiot, and clearly unaware that an indefinitely blocked Eric, is of absolutely no interest to them. If he wants his data, he can have it. Problem? What problem. I'd do it just to prove mendaliv is a know nothing monkey, and a so called critic site that lets him prattle on and even be encouraged in his prattlings by supposed big beasts of the volunteer community who think they're smarter than the WMF, are worthless little plum suckers. I would proffer a formal invite to them: suck my plums. Tastes good, right?

How do you like them apples, Vigilant?

Don't worry, complicated stuff this, I'll give you the standard three year time before you figure out a response.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:37 pm

Right on cue....
Mendaliv wrote:I'm sure there are plenty of other potential issues I've not spotted as well.
....uh yeah, the reason he is requesting it. He's asking for (needs) data that he denies is his. So by law, he can't have it. :P
Mendaliv wrote:Suffice it to say that you could raise a lot of hell with almost any information you got out of them.
....uh, no, not suffice. Say it.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:45 pm

CrowsNest wrote:And that brings us to the most hilarious part of all this. Eric Corbett can get his data from the WMF under GDPR only after he has proven to them that User:Eric Corbett is controlled by the real life person contacting them with a request. Which will be difficult if he has really scrambled his password. If he has, what a ballache to have to go through the rigmarole of regaining access to the account, just for this. If he hasn't, well done, because the price for obtaining this data is letting the WMF know your claim to have scrambled your password was a self-serving lie. And in the process, of course, he has to give up personally identifying information, an email or postal address or even digital identifiers, to get nothing that helps him in return.

And this is why you make the big bucks on this site...

t

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:47 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Vigilant is going on like the WMF are going to use this as a way to bury Eric in red tape and expensive legal costs.

In reality, WMF would stonewall until after Brexit on Oct. 31 and then send the request to File 13 as moot...

Be sure to record this as one of my officially registered predictions.

RfB

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Carrite wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:Vigilant is going on like the WMF are going to use this as a way to bury Eric in red tape and expensive legal costs.
In reality, WMF would stonewall until after Brexit on Oct. 31 and then send the request to File 13 as moot...

Be sure to record this as one of my officially registered predictions.
Dysklyver beat me to it....

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 66#p248666

Automatic fail.

You septics have never quite understood this EU stuff have you?

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:I love, love love donkeys. In the past you had many of them in Greece, but is my VW Corrado 1993 with only 130.000 km on the counter in mint condition also OK? The 150 PS version?

In England the VW Corrado was marketed as the Scirocco. Very nice car.

If you're interested, you could easily drive it across Germany and Italy. And from Brindisi you could take the ferry to Greece. I've hitch-hiked those roads and they're really good.

In the mid-90s I had a Peugeot 306 Cabriolet. As I wrote on Auggie's forum, I once drove it to northern Portugal. No problems at all.

So where is Vigilant going in Europe? Is he going alone, with friends, or his wife / GF?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:36 pm

Anyone wrote:
Graaf Statler wrote:
If you're interested, you could easily drive it across Germany and Italy. And from Brindisi you could take the ferry to Greece. I've hitch-hiked those roads and they're really good.

In the mid-90s I had a Peugeot 306 Cabriolet. As I wrote on Auggie's forum, I once drove it to northern Portugal. No problems at all.

So where is Vigilant going in Europe? Is he going alone, with friends, or his wife / GF?

I always took the boat in Ancona or Venice to Patras, and Piraeus Heraklion But to be honest for long trips I prefer my Ford Van. Old, but very comfortable and plenty of room. And I have the coupe. Dutch climate......

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:41 pm

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=10666

Vig wrote:I'll be in Budapest in October/November for a week and then I'll have a week to spend travelling.
I've got a car and I fly back out of Budapest, so not having a 10 hour drive back would be preferable.

I've been all over Romania, so Vienna and Bratislava were what I was thinking of doing.
Then I started looking at Croatia, Slovenia and Trieste.

Any of you miscreants spent time in southeast Europe and have some strong opinions?

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:13 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10666
Vig wrote:I'll be in Budapest in October/November for a week

Budapest, huh?

Tell him to check out my favorite place in Europe -- Liberland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland