Vigilant's Obsessive Disorder

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: Vigilant's Obsessive Disorder

Post by Abd » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:48 pm

thanks to Carrite for calling attention to this thread. Too bad about Anyone. People like them can do very well if they will respect the community whose facility they are using.

I was not following Sucks at that point, though I see I did comment, over the Reddit traffic. It got more intense, and in January, Vagirunt jumped in ass-first and made about 100 comments about me. Documented. (That is very long because I used the occasion to respond to the oft-repeated claims, about 80 of them). Arguing with a troll is a Bad Idea, so there was very little argument from me on Reddit, and it obviously infuriated him. After I stopped specific comments, he still posted 23 more, so far.

So how did I become a topic in this Vagirunt thread? It was Anyone, generalizing from obsessive Vagirunt to obsessive Abd. In fact, post frequency may or may not evince obsession. Obsession has an emotional component. It was nice to see that I was defended by Strelnikov and JuiceBeetle -- and Anyone actually backed down, which is unusual for the standard forum trolls.