The WO blog is now nearly moribund.....

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Re: The WO blog is now nearly moribund.....

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:50 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:Also, do you want the blog posts archived with archive dot is?

That would be helpful, although it might be better to save them as HTML files locally. PM me and we will hook up via email so you can forward copies.
You wanted me to coordinate sending you HTML file back-ups of WO blog posts. I'm not sure how many I can attach to an email.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:<clip>
Also, do you want the blog posts archived with archive dot is?

That would make them available to the public regardless of what happens to WPO (if anything). Local backups are always nice but the public can't see them.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:31 pm

badmachine wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:<clip>
Also, do you want the blog posts archived with archive dot is?

That would make them available to the public regardless of what happens to WPO (if anything). Local backups are always nice but the public can't see them.
Good point.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:11 am

Flip Flopped wrote:
ericbarbour wrote:You wanted me to coordinate sending you HTML file back-ups of WO blog posts. I'm not sure how many I can attach to an email.

I know....might be easier to put them on a flash drive or SD card and mail it to me. My mailing address, as most people have realized by now, is on my company's website.....

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:20 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:
ericbarbour wrote:You wanted me to coordinate sending you HTML file back-ups of WO blog posts. I'm not sure how many I can attach to an email.

I know....might be easier to put them on a flash drive or SD card and mail it to me. My mailing address, as most people have realized by now, is on my company's website.....
I can email them to you. Just don't open the emails until you want to download them. I'll likely space them out over time in one email thread.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:42 am

It's a month old now but there WAS a new blog post.

http://wikipediocracy.com/2017/03/13/co ... isconduct/

Not a bad one either--until you get to the comments and a pissing match between "Checking the checkers" and Greg. Pointless.

One thing this fails to note: Valerie Aurora's close friendship with the banned-and-fired WMF insider Sarah Stierch. From book wiki:
As with Elonka Dunin, Heidi Wyss, David Shankbone and other self-promoting Wikipedians, Stierch has smeared her ego everyplace she can online. Her Wikipedia biography was created January 2013 by Valerie Aurora ("my edits on Wikipedia are done as a private individual and not as a representative of my employer or any other group."). Stierch is the most frequent contributor to the article on Valerie Aurora. The article is remarkably detailed for such an unimportant and non-notable woman. OrangeMike attempted to delete it on 28 January, which brought out the usual process abusers and other insiders. Soon thereafter, Sarah's biography became one of Wikipedia's few articles to enjoy "Pending Changes" protection.

Stierch is a co-founder of the Ada Initiative where she was an advisor along with the Wikimedia Foundation's Sue Gardner. The Wikipedia article on the Ada Initiative was of course written by Stierch. Valerie Aurora was a founder of the Ada Initiative, which also contains several other WMF employees. In 2014 Sarah was unceremoniously and quietly tossed out of the Ada Initiative, her name removed from the "Founders" and "Advisors" page on their website.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:31 pm

I think the Ada Initiative may now be defunct. I'm surprised they de-personed Stierch though. That was right around the time of her paid editing scandal that got her fired from the WMF, I think.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu May 31, 2018 12:07 am

Update: it's been SIX MONTHS since the last WO blog entry. Thus:

http://wikipediocracy.com/2017/12/11/wi ... d-present/

Actually not bad--covers the history of BADSITES and how it connects to the David Auerbach mess. Wikipedia continues to piss on Auerbach's head; his pathetic biography has a history littered with the edits of major Wikipedia insiders and petty sniping. That crap about Yiannopoulos and Anita Sarkeesian was inserted last October, by none other than William Beutler, the Wikipedian Hisself.

Fuckers.