Vigilant roars and beats his breast in "Sucks is circling the drain at this point"

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Abd
Sucks Warrior

Vigilant roars and beats his breast in "Sucks is circling the drain at this point"

Post by Abd » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:01 am

This is entirely too rich not to share. I've been archiving the posts to that member-only forum, because there is really no excuse for that being member-only, other than, perhaps, to protect WPO's favorite troll. So this:
Vigilant Jan 26 2020 2:47 pm
As I wrote before, Vigilant and the Smith brothers are now fully collaborating. Those are both Smith topics. The first one was attacking Arthur Kerensa (Dysklyver), old bullshit in which I was mentioned, and the second has my name in the title, but nothing in the body. Both OPs are [deleted] but the content is unmistakeable Smith (and Oliver often deletes his Reddit accounts, maybe even always).

Dysklyver Jan 28 2020 6:36
Fun flame war. But why?
Vigilant Jan 28, 2020 7:28 am
He's using it for the title, as an answer to Dysk, "Because I choose to." This video is from Matrix 3. I have only watched the original Matrix, with my oldest son, in 2018. I know the ontology behind the Matrix, it's totally obvious. And here, there are two characters. Agent Smith (!!!) looks human, but isn't, and he is full of contempt for the human, Neo, who has been knocked down. "Why do you continue to fight when it's all meaningless?" Neo answers "Because I choose to."

Vigilant is living the Agent Smith side of that drama, asserting the meaninglessness of love, peace, truth, etc. He does not choose, he is a machine. Or is he? The ontology is stated as "Life is empty and meaningless and it is empty and meaningless that life is empty and meaningless." Agent Smith expresses the first part but not the second. Neo expresses the transformed view, which accepts ontological meaninglessness but declares freedom and choice. This is all completely familiar to me, it's how I live from day to day. Common statement among those who get this: "It's my story and I'm sticking to it."

If I assume that Vigilant is human (why should I assume this either way?) he is choosing contempt and hatred, and will create all that goes with that, including the end of it, which is not something I would wish on anyone. Neo's response is simply authentic and expresses no hatred, only courage. So this is supremely ironic. And then:

Vigilant: Jan 28 2020 9:51 am
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1642#p17353
Abd wrote:I would happily dox Vigilant
ORLY?
Let the games begin...
From your court documents. All public records.
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/14 ... ation-inc/
Name Dennis G. Lomax
(Removed contact information, which is available in court documents for those interested. -t)
Abd wrote:Vigilant has power because he speaks to that voice in each of us, that judges and condemns and holds in contempt.
I just hold up the mirror for you.
Your voice must have a lot to say about you given how deeply I appear to have wounded you...
Perhaps if you had lived your life in a less shitheel manner?
I did not in fact threaten him. That was simply a statement of personal fact. I'd be happy to do it (which requires special conditions that obtained with the Smith brothers and also with Vigilant). He seems to think that I would somehow be hurt by his pointing out that he has information on me, when I knew full well that I was revealing all that by filing the lawsuit. I am utterly unafraid of the truth, whether I know it or not. It trust the truth more than I trust myself.

Vigilant went on the attack because I expressed an opinion about him that probably matches that of the entire Wikipedia critic community. He had been disparaging me on Wikipediocracy, in public and in private forums, for years, and I did nothing. But this was on Reddit, quite public. So I responded and Vigilant is accustomed to very different response. You have to be crazy to offend Vigilant!!!

But that's what he's been saying for years, that I'm crazy, a kook, etc. So what if I am? Maybe it is a bad idea to offend crazy people, you never know what they will do.

Now, have some popcorn, the games have formally begun. :popcorn:

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Re: Vigilant roars and beats his breast in "Sucks is circling the drain at this point"

Post by Strelnikov » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:28 am

I thought there was one Oliver Smith and the brother was a sockpuppet-alterego-front. Do you have proof that this clown exists, Abd?

As for Vigilant, he's just wasting time until WO-MB is considered "unprofitable" and abandoned like Wikipedia Review. When that moment comes, we need to copy every post for any nugget of information that might be useful in the future, though I'm getting the vibe that Wikipedia's time might be up in 2030. Time will tell.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: Vigilant roars and beats his breast in "Sucks is circling the drain at this point"

Post by Abd » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:18 am

There is more work I could do with the data I have, but the evidence is strong that there are, in fact, two active brothers.
1. There actually is a twin brother.

2. The most persistently active, long term Anglo Pyramidologist account is not Oliver with his interests, but Darryl. If this is an Oliver personality, it's long-term, persistent, even when not necessary.

3. The accounts that got me involved went after a long-term target for Darryl, with impersonation socking. When I confronted that and got checkuser ID, the impersonation socks, the massive troll-socking, the solicitation of support in the Wikiversity attack, were all a single sock master. Oliver was active at that time, with consistent personality. His account was included in the request, but was not identified with them, nor was the account locked like all the others.

4. If there is sufficient interest, I have data that should increase confidence. It would probably take a few day's work.

5. I really don't care if there are two people or a split personality.

6. Wikipedia didn't care either. Both were blocked on sight as Anglo Pyramidologist. Oliver now tells the story that he made up the brother so that he could continue editing. Yet that stopped working about nine years ago. And it actually doesn't matter.

7. Oliver also acknowledges that his brother was internet-active when they were younger and they did stupid stuff.

8. So if the AP activity is all Oliver, what happened to the brother? Tied up in a dungeon?

9. There are two distinct patterns of behavior, very well partitioned, with only a little cross-over, most of that recent.

10. It is useful to look at them distinctly and as being related, which they are.

11. Oliver whined about being blamed for what his brother did. As has been pointed out to him by more than one, he is responsible for what he tolerates of his brother's doings, what he protects by secrecy.

12. When there is extensive activity, there are signals indicating one person or two. While these could be faked, it would be a continual PITA, and would not be done except rarely. It's statistical evidence that will be the clearest. I've already used it to track Darryl cross-wiki. It's quite clear. What I have not done is to include Oliver accounts in that study. They are also more scattered and less persistent. Darryl is a very active editor at times. Lately, though I see little. I suspect he's running a new game.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:54 pm

Ha, I see my forum friend Vig has already found me.
Well, Vig, you too cheers!
Attachments
Cuvée_des_Trolls.jpg
Cuvée_des_Trolls.jpg (201.06 KiB) Viewed 4301 times

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:39 am

Did I count this one yet?

Yeah, I guess I did.

Vigilant threads — 10

Tim Davenport threads — 3

Larry Sanger threads — 3, I think

Jimmy Wales threads — 1, if you count the thread on WT.Social

Discuss.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:26 pm

Carrite wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:39 am
Vigilant threads — 10
Tim Davenport threads — 3
Definitely out of balance. Tim has been feeding me lots of material, so expect to see more threads on this Random Idiot from Boise. Actually still a Wikipedia editor, can you believe it? My Wikipedia Review tag included
Wikipedia Rule Number One: If a rule prevents you from improving the project, ignore it.
Corollary Number One: If you haven't been blocked, you aren't trying hard enough.

So Carrite has a clean block log, with almost 80,000 edits. From his off-wiki behavior, he's contemptuous, a hater, perfect ally for Vagirunt. Obviously, though, he partitions his behavior, demonstrating a level of social sanity.