No new WPO action?

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

No new WPO action?

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:48 am

Are they drifting again?

Since the Fram post on the blog, there's only been one more: this thing in January. Why don't they just give it up?

Not much recent forum traffic; and 60% of it seems to be Poetguy, tarantino, Somey, Kumi, Moral Hazard, Corbett, Tim The Glorious Boise Thing, and someone called "Osborne" and "Giraffe Stapler". With occasional pointless japes by WP insiders like Beeblebrox and a few others.

Glad I'm out of that scene. Do not have the time or energy to keep track of the shouting matches and participants.

Well, at least there's a Grayzone thread, and Hersch reappeared to participate. It's not dead, it's just resting(?)
Who is Neutrality?
Who is Snooganssnoogans?
Who is El C? and why does Wikipedia encourage him to work 27-hour shifts (11:10 12 Jun - 14:00 13 Jun) without taking a single half-hour break?*
Snoogans is probably a Cirt sock, as is Sagecandor. Cirt owns a LOT of socks. Tarantino figured that out in 2015. I wrote book-wiki articles about El C and Neutrality. All these Wiki-people are fucking insane. Not obvious enough?

hyatt
Sucks

Re: No new WPO action?

Post by hyatt » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Who is El C? and why does Wikipedia encourage him to work 27-hour shifts
Merely as a thought experiment, I wonder how long the Wikipedia community would tolerate an administrator named El_HH1488 who had a picture of Adolf Hitler on his user page and was quick to ban people with opposing views, but took no action against people with similar views, and who spent all of his time on Wikipedia like it was a full time job, and had a cadre of friends handing out immediate indefinite bans for "trolling" to anyone who suggested that El_HH1488 might be a little bit biased.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:35 pm

hyatt wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:48 pm
Merely as a thought experiment, I wonder how long the Wikipedia community would tolerate an administrator named El_HH1488 who had a picture of Adolf Hitler on his user page and was quick to ban people with opposing views, but took no action against people with similar views, and who spent all of his time on Wikipedia like it was a full time job, and had a cadre of friends handing out immediate indefinite bans for "trolling" to anyone who suggested that El_HH1488 might be a little bit biased.
Given that most Wikipedia administrators are stupid, spergy basement dwellers.....I suspect that such an admin could get away with it for years. Until one of their "trusted inner circle" pointed out the Hitlery content of the name. And even after being desysopped that person would still have "friends" in there, if friends were cultivated on IRC.

Identical things happen on Reddit, Usenet, private forums, etc. The moderators are little shit-sucking nobodies who discover they can control and censor people, and then go power-mad. Still shit-suckers. Still not as "smart" or "worldly" as they THINK they are.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:40 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:48 am
Are they drifting again?

Since the Fram post on the blog, there's only been one more: this thing in January. Why don't they just give it up?

Not much recent forum traffic; and 60% of it seems to be Poetguy, tarantino, Somey, Kumi, Moral Hazard, Corbett, Tim The Glorious Boise Thing, and someone called "Osborne" and "Giraffe Stapler". With occasional pointless japes by WP insiders like Beeblebrox and a few others.

Glad I'm out of that scene. Do not have the time or energy to keep track of the shouting matches and participants.

Well, at least there's a Grayzone thread, and Hersch reappeared to participate. It's not dead, it's just resting(?)
Who is Neutrality?
Who is Snooganssnoogans?
Who is El C? and why does Wikipedia encourage him to work 27-hour shifts (11:10 12 Jun - 14:00 13 Jun) without taking a single half-hour break?*
Snoogans is probably a Cirt sock, as is Sagecandor. Cirt owns a LOT of socks. Tarantino figured that out in 2015. I wrote book-wiki articles about El C and Neutrality. All these Wiki-people are fucking insane. Not obvious enough?
Just wanted to say I rarely look at WPO and I can't post there. So anything with my name on it is probably older than 2 years. Zoloft has turned the whole site into a haven and forum for Wikipedia admins and arbs. Almost no criticism occurs there anymore.
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:37 am

Kumioko wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:40 am
Just wanted to say I rarely look at WPO and I can't post there. So anything with my name on it is probably older than 2 years. Zoloft has turned the whole site into a haven and forum for Wikipedia admins and arbs. Almost no criticism occurs there anymore.
Well, would you say it is "declining" or not? I don't even bother logging in anymore, not if it means having to look at Vigina and Poetguy pointlessly yammering about nonsense. The fanboys have hijacked the train and transformed it into Thomas the tank engine. Complete with a certain sort of crypto-fascist subtext.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/22/health/t ... index.html
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/rabbi ... nd-friends

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:13 pm

Yes I would say so. They rarely have a worthwhile post about anything wikipedia related and whenever they have criticism, the admins and arbs are quick to justify even the worst conduct.

Vaginalint should have been banned long ago.
#BbbGate

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:21 pm

Kumioko wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:13 pm
But often their best poster. A mix of good and bad. He should head over here. If he can focus on Wikipedians instead of other posters and vice versa. I know, If. Still if I had to choose between Vigilant and he whose insanity must not be reawakened that'd be an easy choice. Neve mind between him and that famous face stealing sockfarmer of theirs. Let's all share a joint and chill dog.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:23 pm

boredbird wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:21 pm
Kumioko wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:13 pm
But often their best poster. A mix of good and bad. He should head over here. If he can focus on Wikipedians instead of other posters and vice versa. I know, If. Still if I had to choose between Vigilant and he whose insanity must not be reawakened that'd be an easy choice. Neve mind between him and that famous face stealing sockfarmer of theirs. Let's all share a joint and chill dog.
I wouldnt go so far as say best. Sure he does sometimes make a good point though. Mostly it's just trolling.
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:06 am

boredbird wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:21 pm
heh
He won't show up here, but damn it would be "amusing". Being barking mad means "easy to trigger".

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:50 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:48 am

Glad I'm out of that scene.

Mutual.

TtGBT