WPO - no new members

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
JeremyBlake
Sucks Noob

WPO - no new members

Post by JeremyBlake » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:50 pm

Hi. I'm a new member here, posting for the first time. I'm not a Wikipedia editor, but I'm trying to learn more about the processes and characters controlling the site.

I tried (twice) to sign up for WPO, but my account was not activated on either occasion, so thanks for admitting me here.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: WPO - no new members

Post by Abd » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:32 pm

JeremyBlake wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:50 pm
Hi. I'm a new member here, posting for the first time. I'm not a Wikipedia editor, but I'm trying to learn more about the processes and characters controlling the site.

I tried (twice) to sign up for WPO, but my account was not activated on either occasion, so thanks for admitting me here.

How long did you wait? They require an email address. I don't recall if they check (i.e. require a response to a verification email), but I have information that they are accepting new anonymous registrations, It may take some days, grasshopper.

Welcome to Sucks.

JeremyBlake
Sucks Noob

Post by JeremyBlake » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I feel like I know quite a few of the people here already from Reddit and so on.

First time I waited for WPO was 3 months - that was last year - then I emailed to ask. Last time was 9 days ago - again, just one email and no follow-up.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:09 pm

JeremyBlake wrote:

Welcome to Wikipedia Sucks. Because it really does.

Ask about people and Eric Barbour can tell you all about them.

JeremyBlake
Sucks Noob

Post by JeremyBlake » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:25 am

Hi NTMU

Thanks for the welcome. My last post hasn't shown up yet. I recognize some names from Reddit and WPO.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:37 pm

Welcome to WS! Unfortunately Zoloft has made wikipediocracy more of a pro wikipedia forum than a criticism site over the last couple years. It's not surprising they didn't approve your account though.
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:30 am

JeremyBlake wrote:

Welcome. Did you tell them your Reddit account name? If so, they checked your history out carefully--something that Zoloft used to swear he would "never do". In which case WPO has gone totally to shit.

Hell, I just looked at r/wikiinaction, and it's getting screwy too...the sockpuppets are taking over......
https://www.reddit.com/r/WikiInAction/c ... at_has_to/
https://www.reddit.com/r/WikiInAction/c ... rent_ugly/