Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
User avatar
Kumioko
Sucks Mod
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

Post by Kumioko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:13 pm

So it appears hersch has resigned at Wikipediocracy citing his dissatisfaction of what WPO has become, a forum supporting Wikipedia.

Not surprisingly, several Wikipedia members stepped up to harass him and only succeeded in the process of proving his point!
#BbbGate

User avatar
boredbird
Sucks Fan
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:24 am
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

Post by boredbird » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:41 am

Kumioko wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:13 pm
So it appears hersch has resigned at Wikipediocracy citing his dissatisfaction of what WPO has become, a forum supporting Wikipedia.

Not surprisingly, several Wikipedia members stepped up to harass him and only succeeded in the process of proving his point!
Lilnk?

User avatar
Kumioko
Sucks Mod
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

Post by Kumioko » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:19 am

#BbbGate

User avatar
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin
Posts: 2459
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 412 times

Re: Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:26 am

Andy the Grump is still a fucking asshole. Wonders never cease.
Andy the Grump wrote: So, because other people lend less credence to random blogs that you do, you are leaving in a huff?

If you are the radical you claim to be, you should surely be aware, per Marx, that the ruling ideas are (or at least, tend to be) those of the ruling class. And that accordingly, if you want to convince people that the world needs changing, you can expect hostility to your ideas. And that when you use a forum dedicated to criticism of a small part of the 'ruling ideas' discourse to promote your own minority views on the wider world, you can expect others to be sceptical. Or even downright hostile, if you post threads supposedly relating to Wikipedia, but in practice presenting no evidence of anything of significance to that particular topic, and instead going off onto broader subjects - and doing so in a manner that looks like the sort of 'these people are right because I agree with them' arguments that convince nobody.

As someone who considers myself a radical too (in ideas, if no longer so much in practice), I long ago realised that convincing other people is best accomplished through listening to what they say, and encouraging them to ask questions themselves. And that presenting a pile of random 'evidence' that my worldview is the only correct one is a poor way to accomplish anything. If indeed that is what you are trying to do, rather than looking to prove your ideological purity.

Perhaps fortunately for us radicals who find presenting convincing arguments tiresome, the internet is now big enough for even those with the narrowest of politico-sectarian perspectives to find cosy echo-chambers to console themselves in. I'm sure you will find one to your tastes soon enough, if you haven't already done so.
And Mr. Somey is a goddamned FUCKING LIAR. Because they already had a "purge", in 2015.
Somey/Midsize Jake wrote:So I think I can still say that we will never have "purges" here, at least as long as Mr. Zoloft and I have admin rights.
It appears there was a thread started by Hersch. And someone (probably Somey) obliterated it.

User avatar
Kumioko
Sucks Mod
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

Post by Kumioko » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 am

Never had a purge? What about the purge when me and a bunch of others were banned a couple years ago? In fact Zoloft even referred to it as the Thanksgiving day massacre here: https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... re#p154185.

That was done to help get rid of the critics and make way for the Wikipedia admins.

I never really had a problem with somey/midsize jake, but he's either not paying attention or lying.
#BbbGate

User avatar
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin
Posts: 2459
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 412 times

Re: Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:49 am

Kumioko wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 am
Never had a purge? What about the purge when me and a bunch of others were banned a couple years ago? In fact Zoloft even referred to it as the Thanksgiving day massacre here: https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... re#p154185.

That was done to help get rid of the critics and make way for the Wikipedia admins.
You are not the only one who was either kicked out, "invited to leave", or bailed out in disgust--repeatedly. I've given up counting the instances of this. Hersch himself dropped out in 2015 and returned--prob. because they were begging him.

Greg Kohs disappeared in 2017 and didn't return until this year. Explanation? Where's Cla68? Reappears on a VERY irregular basis. Where's Jon Awbrey? Where's Greybeard, THE FOUNDER AND SYSOP, who bailed in 2017? I suspect several other regulars have left/returned. Cedric bailed in 2017 too. So did Lilburne. Kato quit (?) and returned several times. All of them were essential regulars on WR prior to 2012.

Thanks partly to thread deletions, I cannot say much more. They run Just Like Wikipedia now......with fake "transparency" and occasional outright lies.

User avatar
Kumioko
Sucks Mod
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

Post by Kumioko » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:17 am

I attribute a lot of that to Zolofts new direction for the site and making it into a pro wikipedia forum.
#BbbGate

User avatar
boredbird
Sucks Fan
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:24 am
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

Post by boredbird » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:38 am

Kumioko wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:17 am
I attribute a lot of that to Zolofts new direction for the site and making it into a pro wikipedia forum.
Zoloft the would-be Wikipedia arbitrator. Talk about a low point in wikicriticism.

User avatar
Abd
Sucks Warrior
Posts: 742
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

Post by Abd » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:34 pm

boredbird wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:38 am
Kumioko wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:17 am
I attribute a lot of that to Zolofts new direction for the site and making it into a pro wikipedia forum.
Zoloft the would-be Wikipedia arbitrator. Talk about a low point in wikicriticism.
WPO, like WR before it, was never an "anti-Wikipedia" site, and always had some highly privileged WP users. Sucks is more explicitly "critical." WPO structurally, again like WR, was an autocracy. It is no surprise that the interests of the owners dominate.

It has never penetrated the noise that to move beyond this would take the same as would be needed for WP itself, the establishment of genuine, deliberative consensus process, used to create true community ownership, with teeth. I started working for this in about 2007. The "community" response was violent and vicious. An adhocracy without protective mechanisms moves toward oligarchy, dominated by the most obsessed and partisan. This is all predictable from the structure, combined with a naive community.

This mirrors what happens in society at large, and almost all non-profits. We don't know how to create true and functional democracy.

Zoloft ran for arbitrator. The problem is? Haters will always imply evil intention on the part of others. And mostly, we don"t care. It is much easier to complain about what "they" do.

User avatar
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin
Posts: 2459
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 412 times

Re: Hersch resigned at Wikipediocracy

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:58 pm

Abd wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:34 pm
Zoloft ran for arbitrator.
And had his ass handed to him, because he "ran a hate site" or "outing site" etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ember_2014

Notice, it was Tim Davenport who gave him the 3rd degree. WTF? Did someone feed him leading questions or something? Remember that during all this, Carrite was also on WPO, posing snarky putdowns.

Have you ever seen some of the stupid shit Zoloft has participated in?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... tten_abuse
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... _WO_Outing

And the cherry on top!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ip/Carrite

Post Reply