Beeblebrox tells it like it is, screw off peasants

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Beeblebrox tells it like it is, screw off peasants

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:04 am

Beeblebrox, please consider posting less about a case, when the case is in progress, at the Wikipediocracy forums. I'm all in favor of transparency, but that means transparency here, not there. --Tryptofish (talk) 18:22, 27 March 2021

(UTC)The short answer would be that I completely disagree with you. I can comment wherever I choose. Beeblebrox (talk) 19:24, 27 March 2021 (UTC)

Then I will elaborate on why I feel that way. Although ArbCom is obviously not a court of law, there are reasons why the appearance of impartiality matters here as well. For example, I posted a suggestion on the Workshop talk page, and you posted at Wikipediocracy that you thought my suggestion was, essentially, ridiculous. It's OK if you and other Arbs reject my suggestion; that's fine and I understand that. But posting about it externally, but where people here are still going to see it if we look there, is an unbecoming way to go about it. And this goes beyond just one thing that I suggested. When an ArbCom case is in progress, it's just not a good look for Arbs who are actively judging the case to be posting a running commentary about it while the decisions are being made. I'm not disputing that you can comment wherever you choose, but I'm saying that you should choose otherwise. --Tryptofish (talk) 19:38, 27 March 2021 (UTC)
And that is where it ended, naturally.

Of course, if a lowly peasant were to be commenting on Wikipedia business on an external public forum, in a manner that was at best inconsiderate, and at worst, likely to have a material effect, well, they would likely hear about it, and typically in the form of a rebuke by ArbCom.

The rules are clearly different for Beeblebrox, because he is clearly not bound by ArbCom, he is ArbCom. That's how they do power on Wikipedia. Do as I say, not as I do.

He has made over 2,000 posts to that fetid basement, and a recent one was nearly 300 words long, so if you were hoping there was anyone on Wikipedia looking out for violations, or even just keeping track of who he mentions there so they can be informed, well, dream on baby.

He has his freedoms. You want some of that sweet potato pie? Well, just get yourself an Admin badge, and than get yourself elected to ArbCom. Simples.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Re: Beeblebrox tells it like it is, screw off peasants

Post by sashi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:51 pm

:D

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Beeblebrox tells it like it is, screw off peasants

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:57 am

lulzville......wanna bet there was a screaming match on IRC?
I'll even wager that Beeb will start having "mysterious problems" with his WP "work". Do not make enemies in a feudal bureaucracy unless you want to be tortured and beheaded.