A nice day for a hanging

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
sashi
Sucks Critic

A nice day for a hanging

Post by sashi » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:58 pm

This Wikipediocracy thread is hidden from the public. I made a post in it, then cross-referenced it from another post mentioning "the cabal" in its title. Satisfied at having done my civic duty to make it possible for diligent future cabal studiers to dig into the history of the dominant cabal in US politics, I realized that both posts were "members only" (Wikimedia folks too embarassing for public viewing). So the public "hangings" on Wikipedia are just too embarassing for public consumption at Wikipediocracy. lol.

Bezdomni wrote:In an unusual turn of events, the mob has stormed the gallows to rescue Volunteer Marek from a 3-month hanging by topic ban from immigration articles. During the riot -- joined by Bishonen, Drmies, Fram, & many other power-users -- suggestions could be read for hanging the judge-executioner responsible by the mop until his bones dry . (disclosure: my head is in the young GoldenRing's pot o heads).

There were a few voices of reason, like Atsme, like James L. Lambden, but not many.

For convenience, this is one of the comments that Lambden is responding to: one-two punch from Neutrality & Black Kite. Some others piled on, of course.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Re: A nice day for a hanging

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:21 am

sashi wrote:This Wikipediocracy thread is hidden from the public. I made a post in it, then cross-referenced it from another post mentioning "the cabal" in its title. Satisfied at having done my civic duty to make it possible for diligent future cabal studiers to dig into the history of the dominant cabal in US politics, I realized that both posts were "members only" (Wikimedia folks too embarassing for public viewing). So the public "hangings" on Wikipedia are just too embarassing for public consumption at Wikipediocracy. lol.

Bezdomni wrote:In an unusual turn of events, the mob has stormed the gallows to rescue Volunteer Marek from a 3-month hanging by topic ban from immigration articles. During the riot -- joined by Bishonen, Drmies, Fram, & many other power-users -- suggestions could be read for hanging the judge-executioner responsible by the mop until his bones dry . (disclosure: my head is in the young GoldenRing's pot o heads).

There were a few voices of reason, like Atsme, like James L. Lambden, but not many.

For convenience, this is one of the comments that Lambden is responding to: one-two punch from Neutrality & Black Kite. Some others piled on, of course.
Aah, a new generation is learning who Marek's friends in high places are. I haven't read the links yet, so I suppose I might agree that he warranted sparing.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:23 am

FWIW Marek has made himself some Gamergater enemies. He's being pilloried on Breitbart and on r/wikiinaction this week, along with Doug Weller (who actually does deserve some abuse). The Breitbart article was written by someone claiming to be "The Devil's Advocate" -- the one and only! Surely you remember him!

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:23 am

Marek testified against me for daring to expose Mr. Sagecandor's / Cirt's astroturfing. Sagecandor / Cirt reciprocated within days, of course, when Marek landed at AE again. The more topic-banned sockpuppets of former power-admins you defend (more-than-9000-blocked™ from the 'pedia that anyone cannot edit), the more power players you have on your side, I guess. ^^

In any case, he and his protection network definitely deserve careful attention. As he said many years ago during EEML, he doesn't care about Wikipedia and basically just enjoys the power trip of winning at "the game". That gels with my first-hand experience of Marek, though I won't be at all surprised once the story inevitably breaks that his bullying was motivated by more than just simple ego-gratification and desire to push his own perspective on the world.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:35 am

ericbarbour wrote:FWIW Marek has made himself some Gamergater enemies. He's being pilloried on Breitbart and on r/wikiinaction this week, along with Doug Weller (who actually does deserve some abuse). The Breitbart article was written by someone claiming to be "The Devil's Advocate" -- the one and only! Surely you remember him!
TDA (The Devil's Advocate) posts on the WikiRev forum and posted on WR-2 before that. I don't know what got him thrown out of WO. I think they've unbanned him but that he's unwilling to return.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Personally I have no problem with Marek. He was a big help to me when the book notes on the EEML mess were being assembled. It was a gigantic mess and would have needed a staff of researchers otherwise--he was deeply involved in all stages of the battle and saw things that are no longer visible online.

But he does admit being a WP "addict". I'd expect him to know better than to get involved with shit like this, but oh well....

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:40 am

ericbarbour wrote:Personally I have no problem with Marek. He was a big help to me when the book notes on the EEML mess were being assembled. It was a gigantic mess and would have needed a staff of researchers otherwise--he was deeply involved in all stages of the battle and saw things that are no longer visible online.

But he does admit being a WP "addict". I'd expect him to know better than to get involved with shit like this, but oh well....
Marek can have an abrasive personality, but I like him and get along with him. I don't think he does anything to support his side in WP arguments that other "sides" on WP don't do in other battles. He's very experienced.