Wikipediocracy creeps ever closer to Affiliate status

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Wikipediocracy creeps ever closer to Affiliate status

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:04 pm

Today was a strange day. I'm sure Hillbillyholiday didn't set out to prove what be ultimately did. But hey, it wouldn't be the first time his stupidity has accidentally allowed a valid critical point to be made by us.

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 00#p298995

Today proved that for all ordinary mooks, when you're CheckUser blocked, as far as getting a mistake corrected, at the very minimum, they might take a look if you provide them with leverage they can use against you. But more likely, you'll just be told to fuck off.

Today proved that Wikipedia higher ups are quite willing to move Heaven and Earth to get a CheckUser mistake reexamined if the victim is a Wikipediocracy Moderator, and they don't even have to provide any leverage. Indeed, you get quite the personal service, and rather than having to badger them, they come to you.

Sure, they did rather insult Hillbillyholiday in the final act, but I'd wager most ordinary mooks would exchange being insulted and getting a mistake corrected, over the usual Wikipedia service of simply being insulted ("Do one, troll", to quote one recent charming post by Zzzuzz to a victim of CheckUser abuse).

It also proved that while ordinary mooks who get discovered editing while banned have all their articles nuked from orbit under G5, because a cult does what a cult does, if it turns out those articles were created by a banned user who is also a Wikipediocracy Moderator, well, fuck me if the Wikipedia community don't make one hell of a fuss to ensure that not only are the articles restored, the deleting Administrator apologises.

To remind you, as contentious as it can be at times, "banned means banned" is indeed policy, and CSD G5 has wide community support. And Hillbillyholiday is, as we all know, properly banned. He'll never create another Wikipedia article legitimately ever again.

Oh, and the icing on the cake? He was banned for breach of trust, and has shown a willingness to falsify Wikipedia content to make a point, both before and after he was banned. And has been subsequently exposed as a racist and a sexual deviant.

So I'd double, triple and quadruple check those articles, if I were you. ;)

This is all pretty good proof that if the plans aren't already in motion, Jake needs to get his grant funding application in.

Sell out motherfucker.

rog
Sucks Fan

MickMacNee: A buswanker rants

Post by rog » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:10 pm

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: Wikipediocracy creeps ever closer to Affiliate status

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:31 pm

:|

You genuinely don't have anything else going on in your life do you?

There isn't even anyone around to look over your shoulder and ask, dude, what the fuck is that shit?

We know you're an adult male. We can be reasonably sure you're not under house arrest, or physically impaired.

There's no reason you can't go outside, have a social life, have a family, work. Have interests other than Wikipedia.

But no.

Truly, you are a Wikipedian.

Between the admitted accounts and the socks, and this, there can't be much time left in your day.

When you ran for the hills the other day, it wasn't to go do something worthwhile, it was to do some more socking. I was really quite disappointed.

Someone once described Wikipediocracy as the island of broken toys.

I think that might be a good way to explain what use it serves as an Affiliate.

The garbage bin. The isolation ward.

It make sense that, for an enterprise that produces so much garbage, they'd want the management of the facility bin kept in house, but at arms length.

They'd not want anyone independent, poking around in their dirty secrets.

This is some sad shit, and there is some small part of me that regrets that it has to be posted, so others understand what you are, what Wikipediocracy is.

It feels just, well, too cruel, you know?

But the mission is the mission.

:ugeek:

rog
Sucks Fan

MickMacNee: A buswanker rants

Post by rog » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:40 pm

MickMacNee
23386 edits

Ultra7
325097 edits

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:01 pm

Neither confirm or deny.

You know the drill. :shrug:

But if I am that person, well, are they still editing Wikipedia?

And have you figured out yet where you got the idea I hail from Tyneside?

Do you, like, just not remember? Because it seems to me it would be quite an important detail?

I'm only asking because I know it's going to irritate you to know you'll have to eventually figure out whether you've just forgotten where you learned it or you've genuinely made a mistake, because I'm only going to keep mentioning it, bastard that I am, but you will still know it's all going to be pointless anyway because I still won't confirm or deny.

Even here, for example, people learning that I might be MMN, doesn't make me look worse than you, because you're still an addict and I'm not. But I'll still get a lot of personal enjoyment out of you never being quite sure it is me.

Have you ever thought about why you can't make the connection? Did I/they start editing Wikipedia in the knowledge one day I/they would need to be sure nobody could connect it to a real person? In which case, well, fuck me if that also doesn't make me look smarter than you, if I am indeed them!

:D

You see how you still come off worse, whichever scenario is the truth?

Nothing I do here is affected by me neither confirming or denying, and with creeps like you obsessed with who I am, it looks like the perfectly sensible approach.

I am having my cake and eating it. :mrgreen:

rog
Sucks Fan

Post by rog » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:08 pm

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:01 pm
I am having my cake and eating it.
Two candles on a dog turd does not a cake make, little buddy.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:22 pm

rog wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:08 pm
Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:01 pm
I am having my cake and eating it.
Two candles in a dog turd does not a cake make, little buddy.
Your response says otherwise.

You're pissing about on this losing battle, a battle being lost so convincingly I've got time to think about other things you inadvertently raised, such as this....
Pinging the EC: @GeneralNotability, Mz7, and Cyberpower678: I've assumed that "no obvious trolls" was a good default condition until the EC made a decision, so I've blocked this person and removed them from the candidate's page. If for some reason you read this differently than I do, I will of course defer to your decision. --Floquenbeam (talk) 23:08, 15 November 2021 (UTC)
Was there not a major Arb case about exactly this issue, whether or not some random rogue prick like Floquenbeam is empowered to act in the place of duly elected commissioners?

Standard for Floq., seeing himself as untouchable (yet another gift of Wikipediocracy to the world).

You wouldn't have seen that of course, you had your mind on lesser things.

Come on up here. The view from 50,000 is glorious. You see things so much clearer.

:geek:

Or stay down there, with the other addicts.

:deadbanana: