Eric Barbour admits defeat, allows Wikipediocracy Mod to run Wikipediocracy critic site

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: The "attention vampire" feeds!

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:23 pm

This is all very amusing.

If only for the fact it reminded me that Cas Liber hates me because he wrongly assumed he knows more about AI than me, and tried to fight back when I corrected him. He was very impolite. Quite the fucking prick in fact.

Him being what he is, an arrogant credit stealing bastard of a Wikipedian of the highest order, he wouldn't let lie, even after it was beyond obvious he'd fucked up, and had no idea who he was dealing with. In a sad repeat of the AndyTheGrump is not half the coder he thinks he is episode, I felt I had no choice but to beat his ass.

After all, that was, and still is, a time in Wikipediocracy's history when they didn't seem to think it was the job of a Wikipediocracy Mod to stop a high borne Wikipedian being a massive cock to an ordinary member.

Is this sill the same, HH? What's in the handbook they gave you?

So I tore into him good, and he's been largely absent from Wikipediocracy ever since.

I think they might be upset about that!

Diddums.

All homo-erotic imagery in the above is intended. I just want to make sure Beeblebrox feels "gross". :mrgreen:

Oh Lordy, the tangents your tomfoolery sends me off on.

Fun, and a necessary reminder of why I hate those bastards so fucking much.

Fuel for the rage!

Maybe you do have a future in the entertainment industry Micheal!

Funny and thought provoking. Who knows, one day it might be intentional!

:lol:

Joe Crow
Sucks

Post by Joe Crow » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:04 pm

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:23 pm

All homo-erotic imagery in the above is intended.

Oh Lordy, the tangents your tomfoolery sends me off on.

[3,786,545]

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:43 pm

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
If only for the fact it reminded me that Cas Liber hates me because he wrongly assumed he knows more about AI than me, and tried to fight back when I corrected him. He was very impolite. Quite the fucking prick in fact.
BOOK WIKI TIME
Casimir Liber (T-C-F-R-B) <casliber01@yahoo.com> is a psychiatrist from Sydney, Australia.[1] One of Wikipedia's most blindly, blandly dependable supporters. He coauthored a 2011 paper which attempted to encourage medical professionals to edit Wikipedia--with little evident result. Cas is a very garrulous person, and claims to know many of the prominent Australian Wikipedians. He also shows up on Wikipedia criticism sites and tries to "wave the Wiki-flag", usually to no avail. His obsession with editing Wikipedia is virtually all-encompassing.

WP history

He showed up May 2006, and obsessively edited articles about Banksia plants. (There is a small "Banksia mafia" on Wikipedia, all of them Australian insiders and power-mongers.) His editing is robotic-gnome style, with 100-plus trivial edits per day typical and a tendency to make spelling and grammatical errors. His RFA in March 2007 slid by with ease, although why he had need of adminship is not well-explained. Similarly, his need to run for Arbcom in December 2008 is inexplicable. He came out on top of the vote, with 92%. Obviously Cas is popular.

In January 2009, he filed a completely pointless RFC against Giano. 83k bytes of squabbling and "I don't like him"s. Result: none. The talkpage indicates that Liber filed the RFC improperly, without the required evidence. Various insiders showed up to attack Giano, Liber, and each other.

He resigned from Arbcom in early October 2009, having been caught at the center of the Law (editor) scandal. It was discussed briefly here on 30 September, which led to his admission. "Yes, this was a bad decision on my part and I apologise..."

Comically, and despite having "violated the community's trust" while serving as an arbitrator, he ran again in December 2010, and got in easily with 79%. He served for an additional two years, yet performed very little arbitration work during this period. As of 2013 he is still obsessively grinding away on Banksia articles. His recent postings on Wikipediocracy's forum indicate he continues to be obsessed with editing Wikipedia, and with defending it.

Patient suicide and free Wikipedian analysis

As revealed in one of the 2011 Arbcom-l list leaks, Liber revealed to the rest of Arbcom in July 2009 that one of his patients had just committed suicide. He treated it with a disturbingly noncommittal attitude, as if he were reporting the weather. Wikipedia business was all that mattered.

"From: (Cas Liber)"
"Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:01:34 -0700 (PDT)"
"Subject: [arbcom-l] Geogre, time to act"
"I have to add ot this Randy - I am having a pretty crappy time this week, patient suicide, tax (still) and spending lenghty (sic) period in the early hours with a baby miserable with a cold/flue, which has mutilated badly time available for wiki."
"I would really like you back on board, but if you are absolutely sure you are not coming back, you can't stay on the list."
"Finally, in terms of smooth running of the wiki, the Geogre case is only important to a few people and there are more important things realy. /However/? having said that, I was driving to work today pondering how a moption (sic) may be writtnen(sic). I /still/ havent' caught up with last night's 95 messages and there are still loads of things I have to do."
"Cas"

Another leak, from February 2010, had him foolishly attempting to diagnose an editwarrior as "might be having a manic episode" over the Web, sight unseen and identity unknown. How incredibly handy of him, and just what Arbcom needs, a shrink who is willing to call people "crazy" based on their Wikipedia editing. That thread contained a number of disturbing revelations about how Arbcom does its work (badly). The person they discussed, Proofreader77 (real name Jim Boke Tomlin, an IT worker from Los Angeles [2] with a rather bizarre personal website [3]), was permablocked, and the incident was forgotten.

"From: (Cas Liber)"
"Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 03:42:37 -0800 (PST)"
"Subject: [arbcom-l] Proofreader77"
"Hello all,"
"in late January, another editor highlighted these edits"
"http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =195275745"
"(march 2008)"
"At this time there was a block on his IP address by Can't Sleep Clown will eat me (I am not good at IPs and am rushed - didn't check whether a rangeblock or not)"
"http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =334805756"
"(around 30 December 2009)"
"and wondered whether Proofreader might be having a manic episode - the first was a highly weird stream of consciousness indeed, and I did think it certainly sounded manic to me."
"Why am I sending this? I feel some privacy and delicate discussion (and explanation) is needed with Proofreader77 about these edits, hence arbcom is the best vehicle for this."
"The other editor suggested I mentor him (I was busy elsewhere so did think but never got round to discussing in detail....this /really/ sounded too much like work for me."
"cheers"
"Cas"

rog
Sucks Fan

Post by rog » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:36 am

Grudgy McGrudgeface wrote:

Him being what he is, an arrogant credit stealing bastard of a Wikipedian of the highest order, he wouldn't let it lie...

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 pm

[3,786,541]
[3,786,542]
[3,786,543]
[3,786,544]
[3,786,545]
Overflow?
Michael, you're being about as interesting as a Rhoomba.

Yes, we know you know how to use different identities on a forum. Yes, we know you probably know a bit about AI. Yes, we know you can use MS Paint. Yes, we know you know what the font tags do (although we can surmise you're a drop down menu type of guy).

It was a surprise that you can count so high, but not particularly remarkable.

I think we can guess all these skills come in handy for the wierd chat bot based shit you get upon to in those darker corners of the internet that you frequent.

I need more to keep me engaged. I'll happily smash Rhoombas for mild amusement, but that long ago ceased to be satisfying.

Come on Michael. Excel.

You. Can. Do. It. :whambo:

Help me to help you.

I have the time and the will.

Build you up to knock down, you know the drill for us tabloid types!

:ugeek: :twisted: :lol:

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:02 pm

Nom nom nom.... :twisted:

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 68#p300468

It's forgiveable to confuse loathe with loath when talking about people and things you loathe.

All be it, language is as used, as anyone knows, be they bus driver or journalist.

Only a die hard Wikipedian and their chief enabler and protector, chooses to whine about grammar as an alternative to doing what they should be doing....

...absorbing and analyzing knowledge, and making an appropriate comment.

Is Jess Wade a manifestly rude person in her Wikipedia guise? Does she personify the values and ideals of communication and collaboration that we are told are the hallmarks of the community? Should she really be the model on which further participation on Wikipedia from the less represented demographics is modelled?

Should she be calling herself a Wikipedia Ambassador?

:whambo:

Now I'll grant you, she's no Beeblebrox. Well, not always. But she isn't supposed to be. She's supposed to be a good person. A nice person. A caring, empathetic person.

She is there to do the right thing. We know this, sources Wikipedia consider reliable, have said it. And they wouldn't lie!

What say you, in your chosen role. :shrug:

It's not a hard question, Jake. :ugeek:

A bus driver could certainly answer it. :oops:

Isn't it so emblematic of Wikipedia's totally fucked up culture, that the only person who actually bothered to fix an obvious sock flagged BLP error caused by the saintly Jess Wade, was an alleged violent criminal who went on to come so close to becoming yet another walk through Admin?

His passage undoubtedly eased by his Ritchie333 like choice to react to Jess Wade's repeated and deliberately BLP violations, not with a warning or a block, but a barnstar! The exact opposite of what a Wikipedia Administrator is supposed to do.

And yet on this and so many other matters of the day, you'll do what you always do and keep your mouth shut, lest you prove what everyone suspects, and rightly puts a boot in.

Eat it, NERD!

:D

You only hate me because I know what you are, and I'll NEVER stop telling the world.

If you had anything to say in your defence, any damn thing at all, you would say it.

You have contempt for me for selfish prideful reasons. I have contempt for you, for ideological reasons.

Some of us are heroes to the downtrodden, while others do the treading.

You know which one you are.

HTD.

:flamingbanana:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:32 pm

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 pm
And you should know better than to give him ammunition to mock you. YOU'RE NOT GONNA "SAVE" WIKIPEDIA. No one is, so stop maundering as if the WP process abusers will take your bloody "advice". They won't.

It's a crank haven. Don't be one of the cranks. You're just begging for it:
Jake wrote:Mr. Crowsnest obviously isn't a trained grammarian (like I am, or was, back when it was still sort of lucrative). I think he's actually a retired bus driver or station attendant or something like that, so he can easily be forgiven for such mistakes.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:50 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:32 pm
Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 pm
And you should know better than to give him ammunition to mock you.
As if. I fuck with him precisely because he's only capable of firing blanks.
YOU'RE NOT GONNA "SAVE" WIKIPEDIA. No one is, so stop maundering as if the WP process abusers will take your bloody "advice". They won't.
Where did you get the idea I'm about saving Wikipedia? HTD, all the way. If you see me talking as if I'm trying to advise a Wikipedian to do something, it's merely to show they don't take that advice, and never will.
It's a crank haven. Don't be one of the cranks. You're just begging for it:
Jake wrote:Mr. Crowsnest obviously isn't a trained grammarian (like I am, or was, back when it was still sort of lucrative). I think he's actually a retired bus driver or station attendant or something like that, so he can easily be forgiven for such mistakes.
Oh purlease. Jake ignores me most of the time, clearly not realising that's not gonna stop me, so to see him popping up only to criticise my grammar, it was an early Christmas present.

No cranks here. Only winners. I'm almost TIRED of winning!

:lol: :ugeek: :deadbanana: :whambo:

rog
Sucks Fan

Post by rog » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:02 am

Wow.

I thought I was somewhat quixotic, but you're like the poster boy for cognitive dissonance. We really need a new word for it to celebrate your pioneering work in the field.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:26 am

rog wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:02 am
Wow.

I thought I was somewhat quixotic, but you're like the poster boy for cognitive dissonance. We really need a new word for it to celebrate your pioneering work in the field.
Consider the pioneering comedy Blackadder.

Do you honestly think it unfair of me to say that I'd be the writer, and you'd be the butt of many a joke?

Come on Michael, you can't just play at being an artist, you must appreciate art.