Dyskliver appoints Abd moderator on forum no one cares aboutt

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
boredbird
Sucks Mod

Dyskliver appoints Abd moderator on forum no one cares aboutt

Post by boredbird » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:32 am

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Dyskliver appoints Abd moderator on forum no one cares aboutt

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:30 am

I should post a comment there. But why bother. These "wikipedia critics" are too busy hating each other for minor slights, to actually "criticize Wikipedia". Notice that r/realwikiinaction has basically been dead for months, and the original r/wikiinaction basically died out about a year ago.....after new mods took over and kicked out "all the nazis". Or whatever. Bunch of screaming about Conservapedia at the time. (Did anyone keep track of what happened?)

Also don't forget r/genderdesk, started by Abd and taken over by Graaf after he left this forum. Last post was 4 months ago.

Reddit still sucks, eh? Still a giant internet ass-bomb, eh?

ANDY SCHLAFLY IS A PUTZ, E-I-E-I-O :shrug:

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:36 am

I think the Wikipedia critic boards have slowly died as Wikipedia itself died. Whilst "wikipedia.org" is #14 on the Alexa ranking, it is notable how around 90% of its visitors come from search engines, 58% of visitors only read one page before leaving, and the average daily time a user spends on the site is less than 4 minutes. In essence it has little relevance beyond a page to read about something or other, so the number of editors decreases, and thus so does the number of new critics.

The original r/wikiinaction was abandoned by the mods, many people applied to take it over, but Reddit admin decided to give it a random troll who proceeded to turn it into a shrine for negative thoughts on Conservapedia. All other wiki discussion is banned from the sub! r/realwikiinaction and r/True_WikiInAction appear to be inactive at best.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:51 am

Dysklyver wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:36 am
The original r/wikiinaction was abandoned by the mods, many people applied to take it over, but Reddit admin decided to give it a random troll who proceeded to turn it into a shrine for negative thoughts on Conservapedia.
As opposed to a lifelong totally predictable troll who will turn it into a shrine for thoughts on…?

I guess youre right though that no one reads it anyway.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:47 pm

Dyskliver what's this about a sexual relationship between your teenaged sister and an older Dutch gentleman? Someone just fowarded it to me and it sounds pretty creepy. Is this you playing games or is real molestation underway? Also can you post some pix?

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:15 am

Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:35 pm

boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:47 pm
Dyskliver what's this about a sexual relationship between your teenaged sister and an older Dutch gentleman? Someone just fowarded it to me and it sounds pretty creepy. Is this you playing games or is real molestation underway? Also can you post some pix?
This story has been blown out of proportion to what happened.

In short, there was a private forum called the "Treehouse" on which there were posters such as myself, Abd, Graaf, Smith, Coombs, Adler, several Wikipedia admins, a Russian PMC, other distinguished guests, my father, and my sister whom this incident involved.

Over time the forum fell apart, Smith was banned and created over 200 sock accounts to keep up a long argument with me and Abd, Graaf and my father bullied Coombs for not being Nazi enough until he was banned for posting gore, Adler left because my sister kept calling him "alt-lite" and sexist, Abd had a stroke, and Graaf proposed to marry my (at the time underage) sister resulting in him getting banned. Sometime later the Russian banned every remaining member, a few months after which the forum itself was deleted by the host for terms of use violations.

What I'm saying is Graaf really didn't do anything that bad at the time, the problem is that he posted many long and dubious posts justifying his behaviour for months after the event. These posts, rather than the initial incident, are what made many commentators on WPO and elsewhere decide that Graaf may be inappropriately interested in minors. I will not personally accuse Graaf of anything, but feel free to make up your own mind on his inclinations based on his own words, assuming you have copies of his posts, which are for the most part deleted.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:40 pm

Also can you post some pix?
lol
a private forum called the "Treehouse" on which there were posters such as myself, Abd, Graaf, Smith, Coombs, Adler, several Wikipedia admins,
Sounds like the ninth circle of hell to me....glad I missed this
no, please don't post the link...

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:29 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:40 pm
Also can you post some pix?
lol
a private forum called the "Treehouse" on which there were posters such as myself, Abd, Graaf, Smith, Coombs, Adler, several Wikipedia admins,
Sounds like the ninth circle of hell to me....glad I missed this
no, please don't post the link...
When Abd was moderator here he said that people had to join Treehouse to complain about his mod decisions.. JuiceBeetle was there too and that's where he selected Abd for moderator. Sort of the Sucks version of IRC.

rog
Sucks Fan

Post by rog » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:08 am

boredbird wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:29 am
When Abd was moderator here he said that people had to join Treehouse to complain about his mod decisions..
And if you want to appeal my mod decisions you'll have to join https://www.gnaa.org/