AndyTheGrump is (still) a very typical Wikipediocracy grade moron

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

AndyTheGrump is (still) a very typical Wikipediocracy grade moron

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:20 am

How embarrassing. :oops: :lol:
 04:06, 15 January 2022‎ AndyTheGrump talk contribs‎  16,812 bytes −997‎  rv sock of banned User:Brian K Horton
 04:10, 15 January 2022‎ AndyTheGrump talk contribs‎  16,812 bytes −997‎  Undid revision 1065754780 by AcademicPerspective (talk) rv sad little low-life attention seeker
For the benefit of anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, this is self-evidently yet another User:Brian K Horton sockpuppet. AndyTheGrump (talk) 04:08, 15 January 2022 (UTC)
I'm not an admin - just someone all too familiar with 'Brian K Horton' and his many other aliases, both here on Wikipedia and elsewhere. His style is almost unmistakable. AndyTheGrump (talk) 04:30, 15 January 2022 (UTC)
Anyone at all familiar with 'Brian K Horton' either on Wikipedia or elsewhere will recognise the style immediately. AndyTheGrump (talk) 04:21, 15 January 2022 (UTC)
He is soooo certain. But....
Unrelated as far as I can see. Account locates to a completely different country. -- Amanda (aka DQ) 04:59, 15 January 2022 (UTC)
:lol:

What an absolute tit. I mean, honestly.

But of course, the ridiculousness of this man's critical thinking ability is never too far away....
My personal advice to anyone wishing to have a Wikipedia article about them is to think again, and to anyone already having one is to use what media contacts they have to state that it is full of misinformation (even if it isn't - though given the appalling standards of many BLPs I've seen, that might be quite rare), and not to engage directly with contributors at all, if it can be avoided. With seriously-problematic biographical content, the best option may actually be to consult a lawyer. AndyTheGrump (talk) 19:25, 9 January 2022 (UTC)
Lolwut?

You actually advise people to lie to the media as a means of discrediting Wikipedia. And then get a lawyer to act on .... an incorrect Wikipedia biography? And all while you ingore Wikipedia editors completely too.

Yeah, genius plan that. Can't see any downsides. :roll:

What an absolute fool this man is.

And yet Jake protects him like he is his own flesh and blood.

:shrug:

It's no mystery I guess. If you yourself are a weak and uninspiring King of a very small hill, then it is better to surround yourself with loyal but stupid footsoodiers, than smart and principled Knights of independent means.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: AndyTheGrump is (still) a very typical Wikipediocracy grade moron

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:37 pm

Andy is still one of the worst "vandalism patrollers" I've ever seen. And they continue to let him flop around. And now, so does Wikipediocracy (a forum he used to condemn constantly).

Also let us remember with great laughter: he is one of the very few Wikipedia addicts to be sued by a corporation.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: AndyTheGrump is (still) a very typical Wikipediocracy grade moron

Post by ericbarbour » Wed May 03, 2023 6:21 pm

because it was discussed in PMs:
The law firm knew nothing about WP so they screwed everything up.....

And of course the WMF got a subpoena, and told them "sorry we have no idea who Andythegrump is", so the whole thing was a waste of money. (I am quite sure they know his real identity, but it will take a gun to someone's head to get the truth. This is the true legacy of Jimbo Wales: everybody lie and deny.)

The inevitable result: the present day article, mostly written by a hopeless nerd called "Kmarinas86", practically rants about the company being a failure and a fraud. They had some serious corporate investors too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brilliant_Light_Power
It was discussed in 2021 also
viewtopic.php?p=20769#p20769