Anyone heard any "recent" WPO news?

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Anyone heard any "recent" WPO news?

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:53 pm

Strelnikov wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:59 pm
If the Wikinerds weren't so damn skittish, they would come here, but I think we scare the living shit out of them for some reason.
It's the "terminally online shithead" disorder. Calling them "autists" or "basement dwellers" doesn't really cover this special breed. Most actual autistic people are perfectly ordinary folks, just with behaviours that Joe Blow finds "odd". The "T.O.S." personality type really needs a new sobriquet to better describe their pettiness and lunacy.

Heard about the Mastodon shitblast today? Because Mastodon is a tiny fraction of the size of Twitter, it was barely noticed--except in the online-shithead world. If this had happened on Twitter (and it used to, and it probably won't anymore since Musk took over) It would be front-page news all over the world. But Mastodon is a decentralized deep-nerd hangout; it's very intolerant and screwed down in certain ways; not many people have tried to create an account; and so very few people know that it's even more dysfunctional than regular social media.

Basically the Raspberry Pi project hired a guy who used to work for UK police as a tech expert. He used Raspberry Pi processors in surveillance gear. He was introduced on Raspberry Pi's semi-private Mastodon "federated" server. And several other federated servers tried to "unfederate" them.....for hiring a "cop". So many assholes here.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ch ... ontroversy

See this quote? Pete Forsyth has his own article on the WP book wiki. Because he's such a massive industrial-grade hypocritical bastard. Despite knowing damn well that his "fellow wikipedians" don't like it, he openly edits WP for pay. One of the most embarrassing crypto-leftists I've ever seen. A archetypal Portland hipster dweeb.
Wikipedia consultant Pete Forsyth, who is from Oregon, also had strong words for Raspberry Pi. “I think this event will mark a turning point in the organization's reputation,” he wrote via Twitter DM. “It's hard to see how they can recover the trust they seem to have almost willfully dismantled today.”

Fyfe
Sucks Noob

Post by Fyfe » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:53 am

What caused Vigilant to become upset at Strelnikov? He changed his signature and avatar today.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm

Fyfe wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:53 am
What caused Vigilant to become upset at Strelnikov? He changed his signature and avatar today.
Is that supposed to be a photo of Strel? Vig is probably contemptuous of everyone on this forum, because we've mocked him repeatedly. And not without good reasons. As Strel has said before, Vigina is a screaming rubber monster that Wikipediocracy's buttlicks keep around for "lulz". Or something. Maybe Billy, Midsize and Tarantino think he's "funny", perish forbid. :shrug:

Fyfe
Sucks Noob

Post by Fyfe » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:50 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm
Fyfe wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:53 am
Is that supposed to be a photo of Strel? Vig is probably contemptuous of everyone on this forum, because we've mocked him repeatedly. And not without good reasons. As Strel has said before, Vigina is a screaming rubber monster that Wikipediocracy's buttlicks keep around for "lulz". Or something. Maybe Billy, Midsize and Tarantino think he's "funny", perish forbid. :shrug:
Care to share what he did that provided the good reasons?

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:50 am

Fyfe wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:50 pm
We used to have a totally awesome moderator but Vig chased him off. Also a brilliant dutchman and an unusually talkative bird whose name I can't remember. He got rid of our best posters and I for one will never forgive that.

Fyfe
Sucks Noob

Post by Fyfe » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:01 pm

boredbird wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:50 am
Fyfe wrote:
We used to have a totally awesome moderator but Vig chased him off. Also a brilliant dutchman and an unusually talkative bird whose name I can't remember. He got rid of our best posters and I for one will never forgive that.
Was it ABD who was an excellent mod? And Kumioko who was loquacious? Is Smiley still around?

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:07 pm

Fyfe wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:01 pm
boredbird wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:50 am
Fyfe wrote:
Was it ABD who was an excellent mod? And Kumioko who was loquacious? Is Smiley still around?
Maybe I should have included a sarcasm alert. I was really hoping you were Vigilant but I guess not. I'm not gonna name names of the departed but I never saw Kumioko who is still here as a problem. He is a still a mod here. Smiley too is still a mod but hasn't been here in awhile.

What I was trying to say is that not all but a lot of this cross-site shitflinging was Vigilant vs. some shall we say "unwell" people who were crapflooding this board and starting threads against him, they have since been de-modded moderated or banned and maybe there isn't much point in continuing the feud. Sucks now is mostly insanity-free and a great place to criticize and dox Wikipedians.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:42 pm

boredbird wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:07 pm
but I never saw Kumioko who is still here as a problem.
Kumi has been banned and unbanned from WPO more times than I can count. Would not surprise me if HE's stopped keeping track of the toss-jobs also. They have a deeply sick relationship with him, partly because he was a MAJOR content contributor to WP back in the day, and they can't deny he's done a lot of actual good work. More than Billy Burns or any of the insiders who now infest WPO like a swarm of bedbugs.

But he would not put up with abusive-admin bullshit. Things are no different on WPO now.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:22 am

It's been almost 2 months so let's check in.

The blog has ONE new entry since last November. That's it, ONE. About the WMF losing a French court case, involving one of their worst sockpuppet operators trying to defame a businessman. Please believe me, fr-WP is just as fucked up as en-WP, yet we rarely hear about it. As usual WPO ran an "editorial" deploring a sock operator, and moaning that the WMF can't "protect" its poor widdle volunteer admini-creatures.

(The previous entry was a "doxing" of a longtime Wikipedia editor, probably by a WP insider looking to get rid of Martin Rathfelder. It worked too. He was permabanned just a few days later. Petty assholes ban another petty asshole.)

Just more proof that WPO is now an accessory attachment for Wikipedia's resident nutsquad.

The forum? Still semi-inactive and still infested by the same old talking feces. I figure maybe 10-20 or so new posts per day. Used to be a lot more.

This thread is especially lulzy. Birdturglars, anyone?

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:23 am

More than 2 months since the last update--no new blog entries, same old shit on the forum.

The Jimboland section is nearly dead. They said nothing about him having admin rights pulled from the Bradv business. But there was this thing about a "fawning" interview with Wales The Glorious. They always fawn over him, because he won't talk to anyone but people who kiss his ass. Just another idiot YouTuber this time.....the comments on YT are quite funny, totally without any clue, and I suspect many of them were posted by paid sockupppets.

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 17&t=12905

Bradv was put in a different section. You see Ivan, Beeblebrox is giant sucker, yes? Jimmy is not the only idiot on the wiki-boat. But Wikidickiocracy goes off on a tangent and starts chasing assorted socks and accusing them of paid editing. Lol.
https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... =8&t=12924

YES, BILLY. BLOG POST TIME. GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND DO SOMETHING.