Wikipediocracy launches ArbCom case against ScottyWong

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
journo
Sucks Fan

Re: Wikipediocracy launches ArbCom case against ScottyWong

Post by journo » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:42 pm

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:29 pm
journo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:33 pm
I mostly stopped browsing Wikipediocracy after a veteran (mod?) created an OP with a thread title that contained a URL that was basically malware. Was some wikipedia fork with a .su domain. I clicked on it, and got a weird download the auto-opened. Reinstalled my OS and stopped visiting there.

Possible they didn't know it had malware, but that's the first time in over 2 decades I had ever gotten malware from just visiting a site. Creeped me out.
That's hilarious. Could you give us some more background?
Tarantino had posted it, they appear to be a mod or special member because they have a neon green username. I'm not entirely sure if they made it a hyperlink, but they posted the malware spreading URL in the (thread title!) and didn't warn it was malware, just saying it was a sketchy site. Was disappointed about having to reinstall my OS and the just mostly stopped browsing there.

Over an hour later midsize jake said it was malware but it was too late. He didn't alter the thread title though and kept the thread up.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:01 pm

journo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:42 pm
Tarantino had posted it, they appear to be a mod or special member because they have a neon green username. I'm not entirely sure if they made it a hyperlink, but they posted the malware spreading URL in the (thread title!) and didn't warn it was malware, just saying it was a sketchy site. Was disappointed about having to reinstall my OS and the just mostly stopped browsing there.
small reminder.....

https://wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtop ... 264#p20264

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:34 am

journo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:42 pm
Bbb23sucks wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:29 pm
journo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:33 pm
I mostly stopped browsing Wikipediocracy after a veteran (mod?) created an OP with a thread title that contained a URL that was basically malware. Was some wikipedia fork with a .su domain. I clicked on it, and got a weird download the auto-opened. Reinstalled my OS and stopped visiting there.

Possible they didn't know it had malware, but that's the first time in over 2 decades I had ever gotten malware from just visiting a site. Creeped me out.
That's hilarious. Could you give us some more background?

Over an hour later midsize jake said it was malware but it was too late. He didn't alter the thread title though and kept the thread up.
Was it this: https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13015
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:10 am

"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:48 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:10 am
Malnadach just got SanFranBanned: https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php? ... d=25764876
I think Malnadach and Gustin Kelly could be separate persons pursing a same MO, but who knows?