Wikipediocracy launches ArbCom case against ScottyWong

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: ಮಲ್ನಾಡಾಚ್ ಕೊಂಕ್ಣೊ CU blocked

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:13 am

boredbird wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:31 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:09 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... ಚ್_ಕೊಂಕ್ಣೊ

I am very confused. Apparently his supposed sockmaster was used to harass himself??

His sockmaster also appears to have been used for WP:POINT self-harassment. He has continued his self-harassment campaign over dozens of accounts over the last few months according to the SPI idiots.
Yes.
I am still very confused by this thread? I have the basic idea: that an admin harassed a user (that was later found to be an LTA) and was called for removal by WO (which has previously hated him) and that it is hypocritical because the people supporting his desysoping have engaged in and supported the same behavior they are condemning, but I don't really understand much past that. All I see is giant of Wikipedia and WO nonsense and Boink tirades, neither of which I will fully read. Could you give me a rundown/summary?
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Re: ಮಲ್ನಾಡಾಚ್ ಕೊಂಕ್ಣೊ CU blocked

Post by boredbird » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:08 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:13 am
I am still very confused by this thread? I have the basic idea: that an admin harassed a user (that was later found to be an LTA) and was called for removal by WO (which has previously hated him) and that it is hypocritical because the people supporting his desysoping have engaged in and supported the same behavior they are condemning, but I don't really understand much past that. All I see is giant of Wikipedia and WO nonsense and Boink tirades, neither of which I will fully read. Could you give me a rundown/summary?
ScottyWong's "Mr. Squiggles" comment stepped into a minefield of alleged racism which ಮಲ್ನಾಡಾಚ್_ಕೊಂಕ್ಣೊ laid himself. His sockpuppets were attacking his username.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1126620367
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1121691675
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1125951341
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1126068572

etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1159309585
ScottyWong wrote: Malnadach created multiple sockpuppet accounts that complained about their username, giving the appearance that Malnadach was being hounded for their non-Latin username, generating sympathy from unknowing and well-meaning editors. [16][17][18][19][20][21][22] This shows that Malnadach was aware that their username made it difficult for most en-wiki editors to interact with them (despite it not violating policy), and that Malnadach was aware of heightened sensitivities surrounding xenophobia. Malnadach conspired with their sockpuppets to use this to their advantage.
Based on what we know now, we can presume that Malnadach's choice to use a username composed entirely of non-Latin characters (without a transliteration in their signature, or a redirect from a transliterated username like User:Malnadach or User:Malnadach Konkno) could have been a conscious decision designed to subtly irritate other editors without violating policy. It is also possible to presume that the cursive font and rainbow border on their user page may have also been designed for the same purpose, although there is less hard evidence to support this presumption.
Huh that might be right.

Boink Boink
Sucks Fan

Re: Wikipediocracy launches ArbCom case against ScottyWong

Post by Boink Boink » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:13 pm

Wikipedia corruption defies easy summation. Some of it goes back decades, such as what lies behind this Case.

It suffices to say the only weasel from Wikipediocracy prepared to file evidence under their own name in this nothing burger of a Case, Ritchie333, is bringing seriously old shit that is hilariously one sided.

From a 2014 AN/I thread, we're meant to seriously believe Wikipedia erred in not recognising Scotty was targeting Eric Corbett, and supposedly, if the corrupt pieces of shit, Wikipedia Administrators Drmies, Dennis Brown and Boing! had got their way and precious little Eric was only ever dealt with via a "friendly" Administrator, he would still be editing now, a happy and productive member of the community.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

It's pathetic revisionist shit.

Eric was banned because he was irreformable. He was a born asshole. Totally incompatible with a project built on collaboration, and a principle that respect is given by default, not as a quid pro quo.

They delayed the inevitable by YEARS, and are still trying to hurt those they blame for their own errors in judgement.

Scottywong tried to protect Wikipedia from a person who is now banned to eternity, given how utterly obvious it was in the end that they were a thoroughly selfish utterly despicable human being.

The Administrators who hang out at Wikipediocracy hate being reminded of the fact that they were fucking deluded in their view of Eric, and in the end, as we all saw, to great hilarity, they were humiliated to realise that they either weren't as liked by Eric the way they liked him, or they weren't his friends at all and they simply tried to use him as a tool, and it blew up in their stupid faces.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:19 pm

So far this is not the stupidest arbitration in history. Not even in the top 20. But given that Mr. Konkno is still "globally locked" for sockpuppeting and is unable to defend himself or rebut Scottywong's bullshit, it's easy to see where it's going. Minor restrictions for Wieser and to hell with the guy from Karnataka. Typical--circle the wagons and lie about it afterwards.

Boink Boink
Sucks Fan

Post by Boink Boink » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:21 pm

Oh the irony (seen in an AN report about AlisonW)...
It’s wild how so many people were out for ScottyWong’s scalp over the “Mr Squiggles” remark but here we have people willing to give a slap on the wrist to admin who violated the brightline INOLVED policy. 2601:196:4600:5BF0:A44C:D931:2B68:E6CE (talk) 18:24, 11 June 2023 (UTC)

Who cares what IPs with one edit think. Ymblanter (talk) 18:36, 11 June 2023 (UTC)
The AN/I report on Scotty and proposal to send it to ArbCom both came from throwaway IPs.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:38 pm

Boink Boink wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:21 pm
The AN/I report on Scotty and proposal to send it to ArbCom both came from throwaway IPs.
Y'know who used IPV6 addresses (all of them from Comcast servers) on Wikipedia in the past? Greg Kohs.

He's gaslighting the damn fools. And they're falling for it. Lolol.

Boink Boink
Sucks Fan

Post by Boink Boink » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:23 pm

I'm sure nobody will be surprised to learn that with both /Evidence and /Workshop now closed, there's not much to this case at all in terms of bytes, and even less when you actually read it.

The only thing of note is drafting Arbitrator SilkTork, asking Scottywong if he actually has a "plan" for how to avoid his self admitted problem going forward....
I know that I tend to be the type of person that speaks their mind, even when I know that my opinion might be unpopular. I believe it's a healthy habit, even if I'm occasionally seen as the annoying guy that isn't pulling in the same direction as everyone else. I've learned that there can be both risks and rewards associated with having that kind of personality, and I believe I've come to develop a good sense for when to speak up and when to shut my mouth. But, I still occasionally misjudge these situations, and I've noticed that I'm far more likely to misjudge them and speak out of turn when I'm feeling annoyed, frustrated, or angry. So, if there's anything I've learned from this, it would be to resist the urge to boldly speak my mind when I'm in a frustrated or annoyed state, because I'm more likely to go overboard and say something inappropriate while in that state.
Since Scottywong is such a stone cold killer, he offers a reply that is sensible, and doesn't commit him to anything that isn't already basic policy.....
I like your method of typing everything out and then removing the unnecessary bits, and I've used that before. Another method that works for me is to simply close the browser, go to bed, and come back to it the next day before writing a response. These methods make it a lot easier to avoid saying the wrong things, but the hardest part is recognizing that you're in a state where you're more likely to offend someone, and having the maturity to step back and not hit the edit button. I don't have any magical methods for that one, I think that's something you gradually learn through experience.
Wikipedia Is not so rubbish that the basic elements of anger management aren't already recognised in policy.

I'm absolutely loving the fact Scotty is daring the Committee to rule that he is only human and must be allowed the opportunity to keep learning through experience. The only alternative is to say the /Evidence is sufficient for a desysop on grounds of loss of trust in Scotty's ability to hold his tongue.

It's a an awesome reminder to everyone involved that Administrators who were promoted at the same time as he was (2012), such as Drmies (2011) to take a not so random example, haven't yet mastered the even more basic (but very much temperament linked) skill of not edit warring.

What is Drmies' "plan" for avoiding edit warring?

This case is and always was about settling scores, not Admin standards.

But if this case sets the standard this high, let hunting season commence.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:51 pm

The case is set to be closed July 5. The babbling and bullshitting seems to have slowed down considerably.

I still think this will lead to a wrist-slap for Scott Wieser, the guy he fucked with will remain b&, and horseshit will keep flowing.

Need to start a new thread to cover the AlisonW arbitration. The Scottywong business is just filler by comparison.

Boink Boink
Sucks Fan

Post by Boink Boink » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:40 am

Well, it looks like Wikipediocracy got their wish. Eric the little weasel Corbett has their long awaited revenge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... d_decision

That has to be one of the most disgustingly biased / hypocritical outcomes of a case I can ever recall.

The very idea that this is the currently enforced "higher standard" is laughable. It has been lowered specifically for ScottyWong, to achieve this specific objective (revenge), and it will be forgotten straight after the case concludes.

Very few of the current Admin corps, especially the exact sort of pieces of shit who didn't just make threats but actually used their tools as part of a deeply invested battle to fight for one side of the Eric Corbett wars (the losing side don't forget), would survive an Arbitration Case under these terms. But they would ALL pass RfA with flying colours.

Tellingly, the idea that Mr Squiggles was an LTA has been completely set aside here. Yet of course, for Eric Corbett and his enbalers, the tiniest hint that events were not as they appeared and something that appeared innocuous was in fact an attempt to goad, would be seized upon with much gusto.

Tellingly, any and all apologies and reflections by Scotty have been ignored. Crimes from decades ago are held against him now. But as any fool knows, the piece of shit Administrators who willingly did battle with Scotty as part of Team Eric, never once troubled themselves with the fact Eric NEVER reflected and NEVER apologised. He was unchanged to the very end.

And if you're minded to say, well, Eric was merely an editor, Scotty is an Admin. Fuck off with that shit. Eric's entire hatred of Administrators was precisely because he was upset that he was twice denied the role precisely because he didn't shy away from speaking his mind. He could see fine well that the people clever enough to not give a voice to their actions, like Floquenbeam, but had absolutely no qualms about abusing their tools and authority in pursuit of their strong views, they were granted the tools. And have them to this day.

Have they ever reflected, much less apologised, for the absolutely huge amounts of drama their doomed attempts at carving out an exception to policy for Eric produced? No. Their toxic legacy lives in, as the anger over the special status of EEng grows. It will manifest, in toxic ways.

Once again, Wikipediocracy demonstrate they are not observers and analysts. They are Wikipedians in every despicable way imaginable. Knee deep in the pig shit, full participation.

Scottywong should just retire, and then embark on a ten year long harassment campaign against Beeblebrox and Floquenbeam to expose the hypocrisy at their very core. Show them how revenge is really done.

rubricatedseedpod
Sucks

Post by rubricatedseedpod » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:14 am

Boink Boink wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:40 am
Scottywong should just retire
That he has.
Editing Wikipedia is not a substitute for being a person.