Hemiauchenia gets schooled. The thick twat.

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Hemiauchenia gets schooled. The thick twat.

Post by ChaosMeRee » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:39 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... o_articles.

Hemiauchenia opened an AN thread about a WikiEdu student adding "junk" to Rabbit, seeking advice on what to do about it. Yup, an editor with nearly 50,000 edits and seven years on Wikipedia, claimed not to know what he is supposed to do in that situation.

If that sounds unbelievable, you may be half right (we mustn't discount the possibility that Hemiauchenia really is just that thick/lazy). It seems likely in this case however that all Hemiauchenia wanted was to vent with some like minded haters. He should have gone to his second home Wikipediocracy, because what he actually got was his ass handed to him for being such an asshole.

Showing all the class (pun intended) that he is known for, and that high level of intelligence he thinks he possesses merely for having survived on Wikipedia seven years, he merely doubled down, issuing a stream of personal attacks at the collective body that is WikiEdu editors.

Anyway, in the space of just seven hours, Hemiauchenia had been schooled so hard that even a thick bastard like him had learned something. Something very major in fact. In just seven hours, he had been forced to admit that his low opinion of WikiEdu editors could be applied to all editors. Most of them are crap, and It is the sad lot of supposedly experienced editors like him to go around clearing up their messes, and to his very great surprise, having to be polite and constructive in how they do it.

Someone really should make him take a course on Wikipedia one day. I'm pretty sure stuff like that would be in the very first class, no? Lesson 1: everyone was a novice here once, and nobody here is being paid to eat shit from you, asshole.

He didn't quite get to the stage of perhaps even being grateful that apparently these student editors "basically never go on to become long-term contributors" so in their case at least, he need not be annoyed that "[we don't get great work from most editors] is true even among prolific editors in my experience."

Unsurprisingly, once someone from WikiEdu turned up to give their opinion, Hemiauchenia was never seen again. Typical little Wikipedia maggot.

Before then of course, Hemiauchenia revealed some very disturbing levels of ignorance about the Wikipedia movement he c!aims to be a part of. A very arrogant, cocky, self assured part of.
The one at fault here is WikiEdu, who compels these students to add poor work like this as part of college courses.
Extraordinary claims require exemplary evidence, lest they be seen as gross personal attacks. A sample size of one, is not going to cut it here.
People just want to pass the class, and I understand that
I don't think you do. If I was forced to interact with Wikipedians and if I didn't I would fail a class, part of an education I had paid handsomely for, I would be fucking pissed.
but it puts burdens on real Wikipedia contributors
Oh look,it's another egregious personal attack (and straight up UCock violation). Aren't the students lucky to have an experienced editor like you around to learn from?
WikiEdu editors should not be allowed to put content into mainspace unless it has been approved by volunteers.
Hey dickhead. You apparently haven't realised in SEVEN FUCKING YEARS that one of the benefits of being a Wikipedian is that if you think something is wrong, you, an absolute nobody like you, is empowered to make a proposal and put it to a vote. Wikipedia is what it is (crap) because of people like you. People who only know how to whine, and never actually fix anything. Oh the irony!
the problem here is WikiEdu compelling people to do add stuff like this for college credit without there being any quality control by the instructors before the content is added
You really are a fucking moron aren't you? Haven't you read even a single thing about WikiEdu before flapping your ignorant gums? The whole entire point of these classes is the ALLEGED benefit of learning through editing in the way Wikipedia does it. And correct me if I'm wrong, for a simple thing like adding text to Rabbit, the Wikipedia process does not feature pre-publishing quality control by designated instructors. Even drafts on Wikipedia can be reviewed by any random fuckwit as long as they are autoconfirmed (the Wikipedia equivalent of successfully finding your locker on your first day at school).
there is no proper vetting by instructors before the material is added
For an experienced Wikipedian, you sure do suck at Wikipedia. From WP:BLUDGEON: "The more often you express the same ideas in a discussion, the less persuasive you become." Remember that. There will be a test at the end.
Some of the WikiEdu staff are paid quite generously though, over $100,000 per annum
Ah, finally, the real motive for all this hate. Pure jealousy. You think you could be doing that job, and you're pissed that you aren't.
As far as I can tell, articles are self assigned by students. This has often led to absurd choices, like a student choosing Hamas right at the start of the current conflict even though they did not have ECP, or picking one of the main COVID-19 articles right at the start of the pandemic.
Lolwut? What is this pure shite?

It is still (just about) possible for ordinary editors to have a say in the Hamas article. There is no reason why a student can't submit a perfectly fine edit request, and have it accepted. And since the ENTIRE FUCKING POINT of WikiEdu is teaching Wikipedia through teaching other stuff (like Politics or Medicine), then a logical starting point is an article that is undergoing rapid changes and does actually matter.

Isn't it such a Wikipedian view too, to just assume that articles like Rabbit are OK for students to fuck with, as long as they don't touch the important articles (breaking news, controversy).

That gives me even less confidence than I already had (zero) that letting your kids use Wikipedia is good for their education.

Honestly, it really is quite hilarious now little Hemiauchenia seems to even know about WikiEdu. It exists precisely because Wikipedia has aspirations to be ubiquitous, mainstream, and an integral part of education. It exists precisely because Wikipedia wants to shed the well earned reputation of being an entirely alien entity with obscure, idiosyncratic and opaque methods that no sane, well educated well adjusted individual wants any part of. It exists in acknowledgement and indeed seeks to harness the well known fact that Wikipedia doesn't actually appeal to experts or well educated adults, that it is and always has been written by students as they learn.

No amount of ignorant whining from the resident fungi who really should know better but clearly don't, will ever change that. If you don't like it, be the ultimate Wikipedian and exercise the only right you have in that bizarre cult, the right to fuck off.

The very fact you seem to think that merely by hanging around for seven years with nobody noticing you're a moron entitles you to show the sort of astonishingly arrogant exposition of perceived rights as you take aim at one of the Wikipedia Foundation's partners in crimes against knowledge, shows just how little you know of Wikipedia.

Stop me if I'm going too fast for you Hemi. Raise your hand.

You absolute fuckwit.