"Outing deceased Wikipedians"

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

"Outing deceased Wikipedians"

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:48 am

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 13&t=13090

Luckily rhindle didn't "tow the wiki line" when it comes to total anonymity for WP abusers.
I do not think outing is necessary if their IRL identity was private from everyone. If their IRL was well-known but not totally in the public it may be more reasonable. I personally think outing, or even doxxing, is fair game for those who weaponize their anonymity to abuse the power they have or cause harm (or potential harm) to someone.
This part really cracks me up. Please, Mister Beeb, hit a moose or something. He unquestionably HAS caused a lot of harm, and therefore I consider him fair game for "doxing". But given the paranoiac way that sick little world operates, we might NEVER know his real identity.
I've told my wife that if I die suddenly, I'd appreciate it if she would use my laptop to email ArbCom from my WP email and tell them I died, but I also said I would never know if she did it or not and to do whatever makes her feel better. I used to drive all day for work, in any and all conditions up to and including total whiteouts, tsunamis, regular flooding, moose that sometime just run out in front of you, etc, so I had thought about it a bit. ArbCom and the Foundation know my real nameand could verify.

On the broader issue of severe illness and death: I realized a few years ago how important it is to have these discussions with your loved ones. Both of my parents, for entirely seperate reasons, were in a really bad way at the same time. My dad let me know that they both had living wills, which is a very nice thing you can do for your loved ones so they don't have to wonder or argue about what you might have wanted.
AND VIGILANT IS STILL A PUSSY
Last edited by ericbarbour on Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

gnngl
Sucks

Re: "Outing deceased Wikipedians"

Post by gnngl » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:33 pm

ChaosMeRee wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:40 am
Every single person who ever donated to Wikipedia, should be forced to read the harrowing story of the twelve year old girl found crying in her bedroom by her unwitting parents, who like the vast majority of people I am sure, clearly had absolutely no idea there were grown ass men out there who genuinely seem to think a don't ask don't tell policy when it comes to letting children be Administrations on Wikipedia, is a good thing.
Wait, what?

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Re: "Outing deceased Wikipedians"

Post by Ognistysztorm » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:21 pm