New WPO blogpost - "Nihonjoe Has Been Naughty"

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: New WPO blogpost - "Nihonjoe Has Been Naughty"

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:01 pm

It was down for a while and now it's back--the vote to accept is now 10-0-1. The decision template is posted.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... Principles
Joe is goin' to have his porky little ass arbitrated.

And some of the "arbitration" will happen on Wikipediocracy, because lol.

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... &start=350

People are pointing out MORE dirty tricks Joe has pulled over the past 16 years. And Crow is getting wound up yet again.....

They STILL miss the point: how many other administrators/insiders are abusing COI like this? No doubt there are others, still undiscovered.

Wanna see even more stupid babbling and fighting?
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... over_crats
There is no serious doubt that ArbCom already has this authority, so the amendment is not necessary, and therefore this is not a good use of the community's time. Newyorkbrad (talk) 02:08, 6 March 2024 (UTC)
EAT SHIT, Ira.
"Adminstrative" tools is a wider power grant than "administrator and bureaucrat"; for instance the committee would be (and has) within their power to prohibit someone from using rollback, or from using edit filter manager abilities, etc. No one is seriously questioning the ability of Arbcom to de-crat if they decide it necessary, after all, but with this passed the question of "could Arbcom order EFM removed" becomes an open question, and right now it is really not -- yes, they can. Courcelles (talk) 14:20, 6 March 2024 (UTC)
EAT SHIT, Brad. "Moot point" or not, bureaucrat powers have been abused CONSTANTLY since they were created, and usually the abusers got away with it for years. Arbcom only deals with it when they aren't being a bunch of chickenshit cowards.
Last edited by ericbarbour on Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:54 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:59 am
I've looked at Primefac before, he did a great job of hiding identifying features. Good choice of name; search engines will cough up a commonly used prime-number generator program instead. He is unquestionably a "he" due to babbling about his membership in this frat, and editing their Wp content heavily. But it's SEEEEEKRET otherwise. You are welcome to try your luck.
Here he is I think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =624315129
https://www.linkedin.com/in/phillip-timko/
Attachments
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJiAAAAJDYzNTMzYTU3LTliODAtNGJkYS1hODg2LTFiMDc1NGNlNzY5OA.jpg
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJiAAAAJDYzNTMzYTU3LTliODAtNGJkYS1hODg2LTFiMDc1NGNlNzY5OA.jpg (8.88 KiB) Viewed 600 times

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:25 am

boredbird wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:54 am
Here he is I think?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/phillip-timko/
Well done--perfect match. Normally I hate wrestling with LinkedIn because it's one of the worst websites for actual privacy. Constant demands for more and more info and numerous barriers to logins.

If Phil were a smart Wikipedian he would not have created a profile there--but then he'd probably have trouble finding work. What a byzantine work history. When all else fails, substitute-teach, eh Phil?
Last edited by ericbarbour on Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:36 am

The evidence page is now full of ongoing shameless dishonesty from Joe "Nihonjoe" Monson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... t/Evidence

He's not even trying to rebut it. No point. At least he gets the old saying "stop digging".

The crazy thing, the thing that should be immedaitely evident to any outsider, is that the Wikilusers are stuck parsing the meaning of "paid editing" when the much simpler solution is "no lying." That is not a policy on Wikipedia, wonder why not.

I don't know why the case is even being continued. He should be office banned as a liar. You just can't trust anything he writes so forget adminship, why is he allowed to oontribute at all? Like a lying non-admin regular editor is perfectly fine? How'd that work out with Husnock/Oberranks?

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:33 pm

How charming--someone posts more evidence, and gets banned an hour later for "abusively using multiple accounts" etc etc.

Of course there was an edit war on Brad R. Torgersen. He is one of the "Sad Puppies". Wiki-leftists despise them, despite knowing little or nothing about that whole story. They can't diss Torgersen for being "non-notable" since he's a successful writer with multiple awards.

They will never admit it, but they want to kick Joe out for political reasons. He did a bad job of hiding all the crassly-done COI and that will be used as the "official reason" for his purge. The real reason: he's a conservative figure in the scifi/fantasy world and is friendly with people they don't like. Sad Puppies and Rabid Puppies (both failed movements anyway) must be pissed upon. Orson Scott Card must be pissed upon.

Don't start me on "Mormon mafias". This is a good example of it.
Last edited by ericbarbour on Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:32 pm

Did I not warn you about Mormon mafias?

https://wikipediocracy.com/2024/03/11/e ... or-weasel/
Jepson is a long-time member and past President of something called the Association for Mormon Letters (AML).

It is remarkable that Joe “Nihonjoe” Monson and Eric W. “Thmazing” Jepson should happen to have such similar financial conflicts of interest. By coincidence, Joe Monson is now on the board of the AML.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:58 am

A decision should be forthcoming "real soon now". There has been VERY little public discussion of this case other than the evidence, and a few stupid comments like this (things which I fully expect Piotrus to say). Some insiders continue to be "perfectly okay" with people paid-editing and making money off WP--so long as it does not publicly embarrass them. I do not expect them to do diddly-shit to Ed "Beyond My Ken" Fitzgerald, for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... by_Piotrus

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:05 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:58 am
a few stupid comments like this (things which I fully expect Piotrus to say).
Basically "paid editing is fine when insiders do it because it helps the encyclopedia."

Recall that Grabowski and Klein tacitly accused Piotrus of being on the Polish government payroll to distort the history of the Holocaust.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:48 pm

From the pathetic babbling on the "Workshop" page:
@Jessintime: my understanding is different than yours. While ArbCom was aware of the COI article on WPO, the only person who brought it up to us was an Arb. For me ArbCom acting on its own initiative should be reserved for exceptional circumstances, and this wasn't it. So I was waiting for the community to ask for me to consider it before doing so and that consideration came in the form of a public case request rather than private email to the committee. Barkeep49 (talk) 17:21, 19 March 2024 (UTC)

I have been informed that there was a report of Nihonjoe to ArbCom prior to the case request. This happened when I was inactive and so I had missed it while catching up. Apologies for any confusion I've caused. Barkeep49 (talk) 01:24, 20 March 2024 (UTC)
YES, O MIGHTY ARBITRATING SHITBIRD, YOU BLEW IT. And your "well regarded Wikipooter" was doxed on Wikipediocracy instead, because you were too busy playing with your toy trains or somesuch. WPO is doing YOUR job for you. Ha ha ha.
Last edited by ericbarbour on Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:26 am

They finally closed the case on April 13--TEN DAYS LATE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... t#Remedies

After much blathering, the Mickey Mouse Club ordered the setup of a "VRT" system to submit COI reports to themselves directly. I have no doubt that, as usual, it will be ignored, mismanaged and abused repeatedly. Because that's what they always did before.

Fram was "admonished" for DARING to post the Wikipediocracy article, thus DOXDOXDOXing a "precious Wikipedian".

Then they yanked the sysop and bureaucrat powers of the "precious Wikipedian". Lol?