Should this forum send a representative to WikiConf 2024 to monitor what the Wikipediocracy representative is up to?

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Kraken
Sucks Fan

Should this forum send a representative to WikiConf 2024 to monitor what the Wikipediocracy representative is up to?

Post by Kraken » Fri May 03, 2024 6:50 pm

Apparently Zoloft plans to attend WikiConference North America (Indianapolis,4-6 October 2024)

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... =8&t=13519
I'm planning on attending this conference, as I did in 2016.

Are any other Wikipediocracy members interested in attending as well?

Why, you may ask? Well, a few reasons:
I'm submitting a session proposal about 'Anonymity and Wikipedia'
I like to keep Wikipediocracy visible as relevant to Wikipedia
I want to mingle, meet, and influence this 'movement' I am a member of
I believe Wikipediocracy needs members there to report back on what's happening
Given want I learned from my recent time there, I am deeply suspicious of his motives.

It's becoming increasingly clear the only way a critic website can hope to have influence over the Wikipedia community of today, is to offer reassurances that they are not a threat to the woke elements. They're not going to out anyone deemed to being doing sterling work banning "transphobes", and they're not going to be offering any critical analysis of their current approach to NPOV in these areas.

Outside of the hot topic of trans, I'd imagine Zoloft is going to point out how Molly White wasn't subjected to any serious criticism of her motives or actions during her recent block of Chris Troutman, and indeed that it was the Wikipediocracy member Beeblebrox who gleefully applied the final act of double jeapardy, commenting there in real time.

As much as Vigilant did great damage to the early 2024 trend of Wikipediocracy not just being a useful companion guide to Wikipedia debates such as Nihonjoe and Where Is Kate? but essential reading if you want to understand want is really going on, I imagine Zoloft will be able to point to their work in woke to say that when it comes to being required reading for topics that don't threaten to expose what Wikipedia would prefer to remain hidden, their forum is quite happy to fulfil the role of essential reading.

Moreover, It's a safe space for activist Wikipedians to virtue signal and troll their opponents to their hearts content. It being still sadly the case that while they can do this on Wikipedia quite freely, they at least have to be a little bit careful and cute. On Wikipediocracy, they have carte balance to call a spade a spade. Get their rocks off, as we know these activists love to do. Punch a Nazi, and all that jazz.

I could be wrong and the kind, wise and benevolent Uncle Zoloft has none of these intentions. But he's such an untrustworthy person who uses his power to change and even delete embarrassing revelations, I think we need first person sound and video before we take anyone else's word for it.

Any volunteers?

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Should this forum send a representative to WikiConf 2024 to monitor what the Wikipediocracy representative is up to?

Post by ericbarbour » Sat May 04, 2024 2:19 am

Kraken wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:50 pm
Apparently Zoloft plans to attend WikiConference North America (Indianapolis,4-6 October 2024)

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... =8&t=13519
I'm planning on attending this conference, as I did in 2016.

Are any other Wikipediocracy members interested in attending as well?

Why, you may ask? Well, a few reasons:
I'm submitting a session proposal about 'Anonymity and Wikipedia'
I like to keep Wikipediocracy visible as relevant to Wikipedia
I want to mingle, meet, and influence this 'movement' I am a member of
I believe Wikipediocracy needs members there to report back on what's happening
This is hilarious. The Wiki-Cult still contains dozens of inside-pool mutants who despise WPO violently. His sucking-up act will not convince that crowd to make nicey-nice. It's far too late and Nihonjoe is far too recent.

Remember this bullshit? It was editwarred in the past because some Wikishits were "convinced" that they had the "right" to censor the entire internet, everywhere, just to keep their identities secret. They can only control WMF sites, and they had to be subjected to years of squabbles before they realized: what they really wanted was impossible.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... nformation

It led directly to one of the DUMBEST arbitrations of all time. Heavily censored after the fact. All they could do was ban linking to "attack sites" anywhere on Wikipedia itself. And for a time, WIKIPEDIOCRACY WAS ON THE SPAM BLACKLIST. Because certain little bastards thought it was an "attack site" and should be "non-existed". They also tried to get its DNS registration canceled, and failed horribly. Little dumbshits.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... tack_sites