Wikipediocracy is an Annoying Wikipedia Fanboard

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Mutineer
Sucks Fan

Wikipediocracy is an Annoying Wikipedia Fanboard

Post by Mutineer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Wikipediocracy is an annoying Wikipedia fanboard. The management there is actually blocking Tor IPs, not just from logging in, but from merely accessing the site.

I brought this up some time ago, and was informed there might be another explanation for what I was seeing, but I really think that's what they're doing.

Greg Kohs is particularly an IP snooper, based on comments I've read him make. Is Zoloft as well? I think yeah.

If there's a genuine specific problem, and a board's management has to poke around at IPs, okay, but don't make it pervasive and systematic.

Wikipediocracy is becoming more Wikipedia than Wikipedia itself, because Wikipedia doesn't block Tor from even accessing its site, only from editing.

Wikipediocracy is so annoying, and full of Wikipediots, like Kohs and Zoloft.
I am "Modsquad" here, and participate, but I don't want you to think we can't have an angry argument.

suckadmin
Janitor

Re: Wikipediocracy is an Annoying Wikipedia Fanboard

Post by suckadmin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Mutineer wrote:I brought this up some time ago, and was informed there might be another explanation for what I was seeing, but I really think that's what they're doing.

Sure it could also be that because many of the Tor exit nodes are either frequented by or run by spammers that their ips are getting blacklisted for that reason. The spammers running the exit servers scan traffic on it looking for people logging onto forums and then they send their bots to register accounts and in turn spam those forums.

If you are just trying to obscure your IP from forum operators a proxy service would suffice however the same problem may apply to the free ones but at least with commercials proxy services you have a better idea of whose servers you are using and if they've been around for awhile it's likely that they aren't scumbag spammers.

Mutineer
Sucks Fan

Post by Mutineer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:47 am

Yes, I want to conceal my IP from WO, and more so the freaks at WP. It's not that I feel physically threatened, but rather a privacy thing, meaning that WP administrative sector contacts employers talking trash (for example AGK (Andrew G. Kelly) vs. Kumioko) and then the utterly infamous case of Netherlands Wikipedia administrators TBloemink and JurgenNL *real* *life* *stalking* a woman, who later said she shivered in fear for her family upon learning that they paid her home a visit.

And in the case of WO, there's that damaged Wikipediot Greg Kohs who giggles when he figures out and geolocates the pizza place where Jimbo Wales took his young daughter for lunch, because of something Wales wrote on a social network. (These are my comments, not those of this board, and I know what I read and saw, and I read and saw it critically.)

EDIT: Adding this only. AGK is actually *Anthony* G. Kelly, of Scotland, who has said he wanted to be an administrator to "stomp" on "delinquents," but he just likes to stomp on the weak, the "delinquent" part is just his cover story.
I am "Modsquad" here, and participate, but I don't want you to think we can't have an angry argument.

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:25 am

Mutineer wrote:Yes, I want to conceal my IP from WO, and more so the freaks at WP.

I get that.. I'm just suggesting that there are other ways to do that besides Tor where your traffic may be less likely to be scanned by hackers and your borrowed ip less likely to be blacklisted because it's also being used by spammers who make repeated attempts to register bots to forums.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Mutineer wrote:Wikipediocracy is an annoying Wikipedia fanboard. The management there is actually blocking Tor IPs, not just from logging in, but from merely accessing the site.

I brought this up some time ago, and was informed there might be another explanation for what I was seeing, but I really think that's what they're doing.

Greg Kohs is particularly an IP snooper, based on comments I've read him make. Is Zoloft as well? I think yeah.

If there's a genuine specific problem, and a board's management has to poke around at IPs, okay, but don't make it pervasive and systematic.

Wikipediocracy is becoming more Wikipedia than Wikipedia itself, because Wikipedia doesn't block Tor from even accessing its site, only from editing.

Wikipediocracy is so annoying, and full of Wikipediots, like Kohs and Zoloft.

The anti-TOR-ism might be the influence of Kohs, but let's not forget WO's own Maxwell Smart, tarantino, who seems to me to be an old skip tracer/private investigator or IT researcher for a newspaper or a social media company. That said, I believe Wee Billy Burns leaked my name/email to tarantino as general shitty revenge for numerous things (Barbour leaving, me running a blog on a subject Kohs/Burns/McGeady thought they had sewed up, Kolbe's wife freaking out on my blog because that list had "exposed" Tippi Hadron..... as being Andreas Kolbe's wife, that post where it was revealed that Steve McGeady was Greybeard aka Gomi, etc., etc., etc.) that privately drove him nuts.

It's that annoying culture which is running Wikipediocracy into the ground - they are trying to brown-nose a Wikipedia that doesn't want them back because it can't handle the insufferable Internet people it already has.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Stanistani

Post by Stanistani » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:25 am

Most of the IPs banned were spammers and persistent attempted exploits. If you PM me some IPs of Tor nodes you want unbanned, I can do that. I've done it before by request. Or you can use support @ wikipediocracy.com.

As far as IP snooping, the board permissions were set up that only the admins can see IPs, and our policy is that member IPs were only examined if they were attempting to compromise the board or were socking in an annoying fashion. This happened a handful of times.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:12 pm

This post is pretty sad.....from board admin Jake no less, answering Kumioko's suggestion they spin off some posts about the proposed deletion of Portals into a separate thread.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 77#p217677
Hmm... let's give it another day or two and see if it takes off. Like you say, most people aren't really all that interested in them one way or another, unless one of them becomes a battle-zone for some reason, like this one has.
The people he is referring to of course are the Wikipedians. If they're not interested in something, or fighting about something, then evidently they don't need a thread about it.

Hilariously, Jake isn't even accurately portraying what was said - Kumioko stated he sees them as a distraction and "very few people know really how they work or how to update them." Not quite the same thing.

If they had any decent critics in the place, the interest angle would be immediately obvious, and some nice person would have already made a thread. Sort of like this, I would imagine.....

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... f=13&t=565

Mutineer
Sucks Fan

Post by Mutineer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:53 am

Stanistani wrote:Most of the IPs banned were spammers and persistent attempted exploits. If you PM me some IPs of Tor nodes you want unbanned, I can do that. I've done it before by request. Or you can use support @ wikipediocracy.com.

As far as IP snooping, the board permissions were set up that only the admins can see IPs, and our policy is that member IPs were only examined if they were attempting to compromise the board or were socking in an annoying fashion. This happened a handful of times.

Without web-searching, name two of these exploits. I think you're a script kiddie. And why would a Wikipedia critic email that fan-site Wikipediocracy.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:51 pm

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... =38&t=9214

http://archive.is/8vcgZ

First I was amused at the shitness of the OP. Nothing wrong with the premise, but come on, it has been done before, and if desiring to update the knowledge with a contemporary treatment, it could be done much better.

Then I was amused by the initial replies. Yes Tarc, you don't know shit about Wikipedia of today, so shut the fuck up about critics who do.....

Then I was amused at Jake choosing this of all things to be sensitive about, and his insulting suggestion that men won't understand the offensive nature of "douchebag". Still, the revelation these people don't understand gender issues and make idiots out of themselves when trying to appear as if they do so as to appeal to Wikipedians, isn't news. They may appeal to Wikipedians by condoning what they do do, such as members calling other members Nazis and pedophiles, but they won't attract women posters.

Then I was greatly amused at Carrite continuing to act as if he is above PC snowflakery. The guy put me on ignore for the mere suggestion he didn't know what axiomatic meant and had wasted his life supporting Wikipedia because of it. Precious isn't even the word. I cut to the heart of the issue though, didn't I? With my cutting criticism highlighting with a real life example a crucial aspect of what keeps the cult of Wikipedia alive even among its dissafected members on a so called critic site. They decried me as an ignorant idiot, but when the chance came to prove it, THEY HAD NOTHING. So run, run, little Timmy, hide in your Safe Space! Happy thoughts. Soothing thoughts.

Then I was amused by the thread drifting off into a pointless debate on alternative terminology, the levity of which belies the fact they are just bored, really, really bored, and Jake is seemingly desperate not to upset the resident boring talentless snowflakes, lest he be left with a ghost forum.

Then I laughed my ass off at the desperate attempt by the OP to steer the thread back onto his preferred purposes, namely discussing Calton. The deceit! Were we not promised an over-arching survey of the preeminent douchebaggyness of the ecosystem? This is what happens when you pretend your site is above such things, while being weak and unprincipled in how you try to ensure it happens. I'd say blame Zoloft, but he appears to be on one of his extended holidays, and of course, doesn't do mod duties now anyway. Or does he?

Then I wet my pants at the site of the thread returning to the more important task of debating humerous bag related terminology. Surely Dyson doesn't deserve his name being invoked for such useless purposes? No surprise that this return to normal service was initiated by one of their many Wikipedians who pass by in the night, then encouraged by Poetlister, and furthered by Anroth.

You want these people? You respect these people? Well, that is your right I guess, but seriously, don't fucking cry when it has the inevitable result.

Welcome to Wikipediocracy!

You made your bed. So lie in it. It stinks of mouldy dog, btw.

Mutineer
Sucks Fan

Post by Mutineer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:27 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Then I was amused by the initial replies. Yes Tarc, you don't know...

Tarc is another Wikipedian slime-rag. I've noticed him make loose and wholly unfounded insinuations of pedophilia. I think he works at a junior high school. Project much, Tarc?