Wikipediocracy is an Annoying Wikipedia Fanboard

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Wikipediocracy is an Annoying Wikipedia Fanboard

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 pm

As far as I can tell, with the exception of the panty-sniffing stalker stuff, there's nothing that was said on Wikipediocracy about FRAMBAN that cannot already be seen in one form or another being said on Wikipedia. Despite the reminders from Board about detoxifying Wikipedia, I see nothing on the horizon that suggests those editors days are numbered, so they clearly don't need an independent platform any time soon, and so are presumably just wasting their own time posting the same shite in two different places.

So what is the point of Wikipediocracy? Jake complained when Buzzfeed news called them a forum for Wikipedians, a reasonable description based on their FRAMBAN 'analysis', so what else is it?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:15 pm

I's a chaos, it's a mess, it's going in all directions, nobody will read that shit anymore.
This seems to me a rather clean topic on aggie's WR.

http://wikirev.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... f4e4f51e26

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Eagle wrote:Please excuse the interruption, but in two days, the community will gather at Wikimania in Stockholm and since the WMF Board and Staff are the ones to interpret the mood of the crowd and take the minutes, they will record a complete cave on the Fram issue as well as complete support for all of the crazy diversity (and other) initiatives in the 2019 strategy documents.

If this happens, Eric Corbett (and everyone who either loves him or hates him) may find themselves quickly on the street with no content creation opportunity. Can't we at least all spend our time commenting on-wiki or on-meta based on our collective experience?
Oh, hold up there Sparky.

Speaking as someone who hates Corbett and isn't particularly looking for content creation opportunities, where's my representation?

OH RIGHT, I forgot. Wikipediocracy is a place where people like me are not meant to fit in. We feel like we have to move on voluntarily, or are otherwise forced to leave. My mistake. Carry on there with all your good works.

Zoloft off to Sweden this year is he? Gonna make the rounds on behalf of the Gamergaters, politely and obsequiously expressing their concerns to the glitterati about the frightful pace of change on Planet Sparkles? With a warm hand and a cheery smile, Tarantino's panty sniffing X-Ray machine safely hidden under his overcoat, Vigilant jacked into it over a satellite link.

Jake, time to claim that thread up again, they totally ignored your previous attempt, and this whackjob's pleadings to get back on message. It is almost like they don't respect you at all, like you're some kind of easily ignored and sidelined functionary, someone of only very limited use to them.

Can't think why...... :lol:

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:52 pm

Eagle wrote:
Please excuse the interruption, but in two days, the community will gather at Wikimania in Stockholm and since the WMF Board and Staff are the ones to interpret the mood of the crowd and take the minutes, they will record a complete cave on the Fram issue as well as complete support for all of the crazy diversity (and other) initiatives in the 2019 strategy documents

Well, if they do so the HTD movement will be deleted! Because in that case they do a much better job then we can. Driving the complete wiki mouvment strait into the ravin, and the shit buckets and the tear and pitch are standing by for for them. And the Wiki Round Up. We couldn't do better!

Why? Because despite the pirate flags and the efforts of our fallen brave soldiers in the field Romana and Dimi and further Eurocap, they are our strongest soldiers in the field of the HTD mouvement, has passed a few nasty laws in the Europarlement what makes running Wikipdedia complete impossible in the EU and the content total wordless.
Because no commercial party like for instance Google and Facebook can use that content with rats, snake and a sparing cockroach and scorpion anymore without the risk of draconic fines. Or even the risk of being put on black. And for commons it's the same. Because these Euro laws are wiki Round Up. It works slow, but extreem effective.
Or do you really think uncle Alex Voss did know what he was doing? Naive. Why do you think he was speaking of governing by shitsstorm?

And thát are the thinks the wiki lawyers doesn't tell to the crazy partygoers who travel to Stockholm, no they leave that to me. And what I am wondering, should they wave with Pirate Party flags during the opening ceremony? And should Eurocrap Julia Reda be one of the keynote speaker?