Late to the party much?

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Late to the party much?

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:23 pm

It started with Vigilant hilariously asking, who is X, Y and Z, all of whom were people you'd just know if you're a serious critic. Now I'm watching with incredulity as they stumble around, Vigilant now being joined by other supposed critics, as they only just learn about other movement defining things like the Wikipedia-Wikinews war of 2013, or the whole get students to write as well as read Wikipedia scam, with people like Drmies at the heart of it. What next? I recall they learned about the WikiJournal nonsense about a year after I brought it up.

They've now only just woken up to the Strategy 2030 stuff, and they're shocked to learn that it is pretty detailed and involved, and extremely likely to start a raging fire when the hard core pure breed en.wiki Wikipedians properly read the now published recommendations and realize what it means for their fanciful hopes of complete autonomy and genuine self-government in a post-Fram world. Note the footnotes to their very own community reaction document. Ouch.

Hilariously, they're only uncovering a lot of this stuff via their obsessive stalking of Laura Hale and other Gamergate style targets, who by virtue of being pretty involved in the movement, are accidentally exposing them to the fact there actually is a whole movement with assorted bits and pieces to it, not just a bunch of whiny little bitch Wikipedians complaining about how the Foundation doesn't let them do what they want and pay them to do it.

I've written about all this shit in my time, when it happened. Me. That's what being a serious critic is all about. What these idiots think they're playing at, who they think they're fooling by passing this off as investigation of Wikipedia's dark corners, is a mystery. To gain any credibility at all, they need to first explain why they banned or otherwise forced out people like me, and many others like me, for whom this was the primary purpose of a critic forum. Ostensibly to attract the people who make the very worst Wikipedia critics, the whiny little bitches still griefing and grinding away inside the cult, posting at Wikipediocracy in their down time.

I'll wait. Have done for a long time now. While filling in the time with serious and timely criticism of an organization that is changing all the time, in major ways.

I at least now know why Vigilant is too busy to address my critiques of his embarrassing recent efforts, he's too busy catching himself up to where he should be if he wants people to take him seriously when he alleges criminal conspiracies and mental illnesses.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Late to the party much?

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:55 pm

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 81#p245381

Drmies leveraging his Wikipedia addiction for personal gain?

WHO KNEW?