Zoloft steps down from moderating

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Zoloft steps down from moderating

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:37 am

His retirement didn't last long.....

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 72#p216272

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:11 am

Zoloft has been wanting to go for a long time, but no one wants the position. Greybeard has pretty much stayed out of major decisions, at least publicly. Greg is pretty good on some technical aspects, but nowhere near the level of Zoloft, Greybeard, or Jake/Somey. The reboot was to bring in fresh people and it was hoped some of the newer people would take over some, if not all, the leadership positions and breath new life into the site. It was not to be. Not even a Bea Arthur.

Forget it--Greybeard won't stick his neck out by taking an active role and Kohs doesn't have the time or the patience. But they will continue to want the thing "carefully moderated", with things that might piss off WP insiders quietly removed. Pure cowardice, the same reason we could not find a publisher for the book; everyone loves, hates and fears the Wiki-Monster.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:36 am

The End wrote:
Kumioko wrote:The problem I see with this is that although Zoloft isn't perfect, who else is going to do it? Greybeard? Greg?

Zoloft has been wanting to go for a long time, but no one wants the position. Greybeard has pretty much stayed out of major decisions, at least publicly. Greg is pretty good on some technical aspects, but nowhere near the level of Zoloft, Greybeard, or Jake/Somey. The reboot was to bring in fresh people and it was hoped some of the newer people would take over some, if not all, the leadership positions and breath new life into the site. It was not to be. Not even a Bea Arthur.

Well I would help out but that'll never happen and that would pretty much drive out all the Wikipedia elitists that have taken root over there...at least as long as I use the Kumioko username that is.
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:08 am

Kumioko wrote:Well I would help out but that'll never happen and that would pretty much drive out all the Wikipedia elitists that have taken root over there...

Dude, I would cheerfully vote you into Zoloft's job. That stupid forum would really start to rock with you in charge--Beeblebrox and Will Nicholes and all the other asswipes they've been sucking-up for the last 4 years would leave in a shrieking rage overnight. Then you'd see idiotic AN/I threads demanding that Wikipediocracy be "muzzled", another thing we haven't seen in years. Carrite would have himself a real problem then (making him cringe is a valid spectator sport).

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:48 am

Here's Zoloft's idea of quality contributions.....

A lame joke
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 42#p216342

A Jimbo-Hitler analogy
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 44#p216344

A banal comment made via the medium of picture time! Wasn't even an original comment, he was literally just echoing what the last poster had said.
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 46#p216346

A YouTube trailer to helpfully illustrate a Bollywood celebrity is a Bollywood celebrity.....
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 45#p216345

An irrelevant off topic query
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 41#p216341

A comment about Wikipedia! An actual comment about Wikipedia!!!?!1 It's horrifically banal, but hey, it counts!
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 40#p216340

That, ladies and gentleman, was his entire contribution to the forum on a Sunday afternoon/evening.

It's pretty damn obvious Zoloft either can't or doesn't want to actually write anything that would remotely be classed as decent Wikipedia criticism. These crappy contributions do nothing except clog up threads, making it more likely they will drift off topic. He is doing nothing with that forum except waste his own time, as well as other people's. And he really doesn't have a lot of time left on this Earth to waste.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:50 am

CrowsNest wrote:Here's Zoloft's idea of quality contributions.....

He's always been a bit like that, but since 2015 he has become a blank robotic snark machine. I presume he's trying not to offend Wikipedia insiders so they will stick around WO. As if it mattered--the REALLY pushy bastards will never EVER show up on any forum. They are sociopaths and only interested in using Wikipedia as their own private ego-masturbation theater. OMG someone was OFFENDED!! OMG!!

Mutineer
Sucks Fan

Post by Mutineer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:15 am

How anyone who says (I think this is close to verbatim) "by working together we can help Wikipedia improve, and Wikipedia can help us improve" can lead a supposed criticism website is beyond me.

But, as I've said, Wikipediocracy.com is a fan website, not a criticism website.
I am "Modsquad" here, and participate, but I don't want you to think we can't have an angry argument.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 am

I remember that. A jaw dropping moment if ever there was one.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:19 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Kumioko wrote:Well I would help out but that'll never happen and that would pretty much drive out all the Wikipedia elitists that have taken root over there...

Dude, I would cheerfully vote you into Zoloft's job. That stupid forum would really start to rock with you in charge--Beeblebrox and Will Nicholes and all the other asswipes they've been sucking-up for the last 4 years would leave in a shrieking rage overnight. Then you'd see idiotic AN/I threads demanding that Wikipediocracy be "muzzled", another thing we haven't seen in years. Carrite would have himself a real problem then (making him cringe is a valid spectator sport).

Rofl thanks. They would probably submit the Wikipediocracy article to AFD as non notable.
#BbbGate

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:39 pm

He's disappeared. No posts since those I highlighted on March 5th. I guess he finally realised it's harder than it looks to generate high quality critical content (so you're a fool if you treat people who can like fucking mugs), and the place doesn't really need another poster who can only offer fluff.

The ungrateful fucks don't even seem to realise he's gone. Don't they appreciate what he does for them, saving them from the unpleasant experience of cold hard reality bursting their little fantasy bubbles?

I hope someone has his contact details, in case his absence has another more serious explanation than this.