http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=50http://archive.is/UvkhO
Jake wrote:It's OK to be conservative, maybe even a little prejudiced on occasion, as long as you don't insist on peddling obvious falsehoods. It's also OK to insult left-wingers, tedious though that may be, as long as you don't insist on peddling obvious falsehoods. I know it's harder for hardcore Trumpists, but it should leave most of our right-wing friends plenty of room to operate, no...?
Um.......I'm so moderately UK Conservative, I'd probably be considered a centrist Democrat. And even I got no protection the shreiking libtards of your website. If this is your intended 'atmos', tell your fucking moderator. His name is Tarantino (the guy who is going to memory hole all your fine words on this issue, as off-topic)
Jake wrote:But what people (including yourself, apparently) fail to note here is that when she used the phrase "basket of deplorables" in reference to "about half" of Trump's support base, she didn't realize that most of the people she was referring to were not people at all, in the sense of "We The People," but rather a collection of Russian bots, troll-farm workers, and underemployed neo-Nazis. At that time, it wasn't even all that clear that the term "alt-right" was basically a neo-Nazi sanitizer-label. You can certainly criticize Hillary Clinton for not knowing that, but then you'd have to similarly criticize about 98 percent of all Americans in general at that time. (I'd like to think I myself was in the other 2 percent, but I'll freely admit I had no idea how extensive the whole thing was, at least at that point.)
And again, it should not be necessary for me or anyone else to point this out. Anyone with half a brain should understand this.
It shouldn't need pointing out that at the time she said it, the literal interpretation of "half of Trump's supporters" equated to 22% of all Americans, if polls were to be believed (that's 71 million people), or nearly 4 million if you take the view a Trump supporter at that time has to be someone who registered a view in a primary. The fact the popular vote saw him take nearly 63 million, shows which figure was closer to the truth.
These are the facts Jake. It's the screechers you protect in your Safe Space, who are peddling falshoods.