Poetlister

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Poetlister

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:29 am

Don't forget this masterpiece of PL involvement
http://wikipedia-sucks-badly.blogspot.c ... leach.html

That guy is still unbelievable. After all these years and all his abuses (and banninations)....don't forget that PL was one of the clowns Auggie made into an administrator on Encyc. Whereupon PL proceeded to destroy large chunks of the Encyc database (some of which was actually not bad). You can see a few traces of it on the Dramatica article. (Don't bother trying any of the Encyc links--Auggie and Co. later destroyed everything. Both Auggie and PL are bad to have around, you won't get any straight talk from either of them.)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:46 am

Quibbling about names is easier and maybe more fun for some people than doing the real work of improving articles.
And if you can't follow a Manual of Style or establish which name is more common or appropriate, your qualifications for being able to improve an article are what exactly?

Prat.

And anyone who thinks any part of the Wikipedia process is fun, is obviously not suitably qualified.

These fucking pseudo-critics, they're the fuckwits who are doing something they are totally unqualified for, simply because they find it fun.

Fuck off and die already. Better yet, go and do your favourite activity, pretending to be women on Wikipedia, full time.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:48 am

Indeed is nothing fun of wikipedia but the problem is to become a real critic you have to dive deep in the sewers of wikipedia, much deeper than the once who are swimming in it. And than you find out you are in a caleidoscoop. Every time you get deeper in it changes your entire frame of reference.

And I am now so deep that I found out the mystery of Wikipedia, and why it is such a extreme toxic environment. And why people are thinking they do a good job and are thinking Wikipedia is a blessing for this world.
It is because of the structural system error to fight poison with poison where wikipedia is based on.
Jack and (gender) Moira are excellent examples. They both see injustice, and are fighting that injustice with poison and see Wikipedia as there perfect medium. But they simple doesn't understand there toxic weapons make wikipedia to a much more toxic surrounding, because of their own poison what they are using.

And that is the mystery of wikipedia what all those fake critics doesn't understand. That was the reason I said to madam GW you are swimming in a sewer, look out, the shit is behind your ears and in your hair. Because of all that shit from anyone what floats there and all that poison.
The "good" and bad poison, that is the structural system error what will bring wikipedia down at the end, mark my words. Mark my words. All that poison kills the good users, who are replased by poor users, time after time till there is nothing left except the Ymneses of this world, Statlers law. Wikipedia is a self destructing system what nobody in this world can stop. And only the ones who understand that are the good critics and the other not. And that is far beyond gender discussions, what is wiki fun, what bull Ming was predicting today, WO Eric bull, etc.

zordrac
Sucks

Post by zordrac » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:03 pm

I never had any issues with Poetlister. While I might be angry that he got me banned, in reality I was banned due to a case of mistaken identity. Wikipedia people just like to add extra imaginary reasons.

If you hate on Poetlister for things he did to you, fair enough, but if it's based on Wikipedia's lies about him, I'd be concerned.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:35 am

zordrac wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:03 pm
If you hate on Poetlister for things he did to you, fair enough, but if it's based on Wikipedia's lies about him, I'd be concerned.
People on both sides did their own lying and manipulation. The SlimVirgin side was simply more over the top and brutal -- and they won, because they played completely dirty. WP is a place that loves the full backstab.

zordrac
Sucks

Post by zordrac » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:33 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:35 am
zordrac wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:03 pm
People on both sides did their own lying and manipulation. The SlimVirgin side was simply more over the top and brutal -- and they won, because they played completely dirty. WP is a place that loves the full backstab.
I think you'll find that WP won because they were judge, jury and executioner. It's easy to win when you control the narrative.

WP did an "investigation" that implicated me in Poetlister's guilt, claiming I was seduced over it, but nobody checked their facts. The fact is that I had not talked to Poetlister at all before that, never spoke privately, and there was no seduction going on. I did investigations of about 30 similar incidents before and since then. I am not so easily manipulated.

Wikipedia's idea that having multiple accounts is any way cheating is absurd to say the least. Poetlister legitimately got admin positions and then had them stripped because they abused her.

By the way, SlimVirgin wasn't the guilty party. She simply protected the guilty parties. I have forgotten the names of the people who were harassing Poetlister but it wasn't SlimVirgin. SV was just a moron in dealing with this. She wasn't the abusive one.

Anyway, it was a long time ago, but a lot of people report on it falsely. I note in the blog on Wikipedia Sucks here that they list me as a conspiracy theory nutjob and claim that I was seduced. I'm sorry, what? We weren't in a relationship. There was no seduction going on. Someone just made that up. It makes no difference to me if Poetlister is male or female. I assume that everyone on the internet is male unless proven otherwise, and I have dealt with enough people pretending to be separate but actually being the same person that I am very suspicious of that. Somey, Mistress Selina Kyle and Cato all acted like the same person on Wikipedia Review, so I reckon they were probably all the same person. I guess the difference is that Poetlister didn't abuse multiple accounts at all, certainly not with regards to me.

What I hate out of that is that we turned on our own. We should never have done that. Poetlister was wronged and Wikipedia were in the wrong. We allowed ourselves to be manipulated by Proambivouc or however his name was, who lied about the whole thing to turn us against each other. We should never have done this. There are principles at stake and we ignored all of that.

Boink Boink
Sucks Fan

Post by Boink Boink » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:00 pm

I don't think it takes much for Somey to turn.

I'm unconvinced he has never edited Wikipedia. He likes being liked too much.

Dead giveaway.

zordrac
Sucks

Post by zordrac » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:34 am

Boink Boink wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:00 pm
I don't think it takes much for Somey to turn.

I'm unconvinced he has never edited Wikipedia. He likes being liked too much.

Dead giveaway.
I regret ever letting Mistress Selina Kyle have access to the code. While she did pretty it up a bit, she also screwed us all over enormously, and ultimately got rid of everyone who set Wikipedia Review up. She used "Emergency Powers" to screw over everyone, and hardly anyone even knows what she did. Somey came to power as her fairly obvious sockpuppet.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:04 pm

zordrac wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:33 am
Somey, Mistress Selina Kyle and Cato all acted like the same person on Wikipedia Review, so I reckon they were probably all the same person.
So glad these truths are finally being told.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:35 pm

zordrac wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:33 am
By the way, SlimVirgin wasn't the guilty party. She simply protected the guilty parties. I have forgotten the names of the people who were harassing Poetlister but it wasn't SlimVirgin. SV was just a moron in dealing with this. She wasn't the abusive one.
She was ALWAYS the abusive one. Unlike most other abusive Wikipedians, she was very sneaky and had a talent for covering her tracks. Mostly by inducing other lunatics to cover things up for her.

Remember the stupid shit that happened to the article about the tiny village of Swalwell, Alberta? That was ALL her. Because it was being rumored in 2007-08 that SlimVirgin lived there. (Only after she died did we find out she was living in Saskatoon with her husband and former newspaper editor Steve Gibb. The whole stupid Swalwell thing was a misdirection--and unquestionably she was behind it. We've got a long thread covering the story.) I will NEVER understand why so many people LIKED her, even some editors who were victimized by her.
Somey, Mistress Selina Kyle and Cato all acted like the same person on Wikipedia Review, so I reckon they were probably all the same person.
Y'know, when Wikipediocracy first started in 2012, Somey showed up and told us he was "James Somers", a semi-retired US government employee currently living in Omaha, Nebraska. Everyone else believed "him", but I was, and still am, suspicious of who would have such a long history of skating vaguley around the raw edges of Wikipedia, while dropping half-baked jokes here and there. And rarely posting ANY useful or insightful analysis of what WPers were doing or trashing that week. That is the pure definition of a "dilettante".

And I still have no idea what the hell Kato/Cato was on WR. Just like Wikipedia, that bloody forum was crawling with sockpuppets. Wikipediocracy still is -- and will deny it hotly.