Blog post on where WO and the rest of it is....

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Blog post on where WO and the rest of it is....

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:05 pm

I'm more inclined to believe Tarantino is a current or former Wikipedia Admin, than anything to do with the WMF.

His style of moderation, its condescension and lack of impartiality, and his habit of insulting/attacking those members who he cannot yet (or in Poetlister's case, ever) exile, is classic volunteer Wikipedian behaviour, not WMF consultant (barring a few notable exceptions, all of course promoted from the volunteer ranks).

And people involved in the WMF, even as consultant, they're really not the type to develop the sort of keen interest in the relative minutia of the history of the cult that he has. This is strictly what hobbyists do, in my experience (if there's a monetary value to all this knowledge, sign me up!).

And his research skills, are they really all that? Not that I've seen. He just seems to be more diligent than most bin divers in his filing and organising his stash of dirt. You'd certainly not pay for it. And if your organisation really needs to collect and retain what Tarantino does, you'd not trust that to a mere consultant.

Of course, this all presumes the WMF are somewhat competent and mindful of risk management. If he is, or ever was, linked to the WMF, then boy oh boy would that be something. It would eclipse Essay, I'm sure. Which is why I fear it cannot be true.