View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:08 am




Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Ming 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3541
Reply with quote
AndrewForson wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:
If they are incorporated in Flordia, which I did not dispute after you corrected me, why are they seeking the jurisdiction of California? I put you under the obligation of finding these facts out, as it seemed like fact hunting was your interest of the day. I may have even had a crazy idea that you might have remembered where this issue might have been discussed before.

And I told you I have no idea. Perhaps you need to realise that your asking a question does not put me, or anyone else in the entire world, under an "obligation" to provide you with an answer. Getting grumpy with someone who can not, will not or does not drop everything to answer your every question does not encourage them to do so: if anything it makes it less likely that next time you will get anything constructive. I do not currently recall whether or where the FL/CA issue has been discussed before, if indeed it has, and it doesn't seem fruitful: perhaps you're able to get some mileage out of it.

Why do you feel the need to win everything? You happened to be wrong on a trivial matter of fact, and I happened to be able to correct you. Was the response, "Oh, thanks, I didn't know that" completely beyond you? Are you really interested in criticising WP and WO or just in winning every fight you pick?
Were you genuinely expecting to be thanked? I didn't get that impression, not given the last line. And don't pretend like my replies to you wouldn't be coloured by past history. You've got a hell of a lot of apologies to issue to me, if we're suddenly supposed to be on those sort of terms. This is an odd place to hang out if my motives are as you claim. But claim it you did. If you want to be my comrade, focused on our common cause, be mindful of your own record. If you want to be my mother, then sorry to inform that position is taken.


Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 264
Reply with quote
CrowsNest wrote:
AndrewForson wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:
If they are incorporated in Flordia, which I did not dispute after you corrected me, why are they seeking the jurisdiction of California? I put you under the obligation of finding these facts out, as it seemed like fact hunting was your interest of the day. I may have even had a crazy idea that you might have remembered where this issue might have been discussed before.

And I told you I have no idea. Perhaps you need to realise that your asking a question does not put me, or anyone else in the entire world, under an "obligation" to provide you with an answer. Getting grumpy with someone who can not, will not or does not drop everything to answer your every question does not encourage them to do so: if anything it makes it less likely that next time you will get anything constructive. I do not currently recall whether or where the FL/CA issue has been discussed before, if indeed it has, and it doesn't seem fruitful: perhaps you're able to get some mileage out of it.

Why do you feel the need to win everything? You happened to be wrong on a trivial matter of fact, and I happened to be able to correct you. Was the response, "Oh, thanks, I didn't know that" completely beyond you? Are you really interested in criticising WP and WO or just in winning every fight you pick?
Were you genuinely expecting to be thanked? I didn't get that impression, not given the last line. And don't pretend like my replies to you wouldn't be coloured by past history. You've got a hell of a lot of apologies to issue to me, if we're suddenly supposed to be on those sort of terms. This is an odd place to hang out if my motives are as you claim. But claim it you did. If you want to be my comrade, focused on our common cause, be mindful of your own record. If you want to be my mother, then sorry to inform that position is taken.

Perhaps a rueful "You got me there" would have been more likely under the circumstances. I notice you don't actually deny that you always want to make it about winning --which, incidentally, I not only claim but indeed boldly assert -- although I do agree with you that it's an odd place to hang out. I wonder what makes it so odd?


Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3541
Reply with quote
AndrewForson wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:
AndrewForson wrote:
And I told you I have no idea. Perhaps you need to realise that your asking a question does not put me, or anyone else in the entire world, under an "obligation" to provide you with an answer. Getting grumpy with someone who can not, will not or does not drop everything to answer your every question does not encourage them to do so: if anything it makes it less likely that next time you will get anything constructive. I do not currently recall whether or where the FL/CA issue has been discussed before, if indeed it has, and it doesn't seem fruitful: perhaps you're able to get some mileage out of it.

Why do you feel the need to win everything? You happened to be wrong on a trivial matter of fact, and I happened to be able to correct you. Was the response, "Oh, thanks, I didn't know that" completely beyond you? Are you really interested in criticising WP and WO or just in winning every fight you pick?
Were you genuinely expecting to be thanked? I didn't get that impression, not given the last line. And don't pretend like my replies to you wouldn't be coloured by past history. You've got a hell of a lot of apologies to issue to me, if we're suddenly supposed to be on those sort of terms. This is an odd place to hang out if my motives are as you claim. But claim it you did. If you want to be my comrade, focused on our common cause, be mindful of your own record. If you want to be my mother, then sorry to inform that position is taken.

Perhaps a rueful "You got me there" would have been more likely under the circumstances. I notice you don't actually deny that you always want to make it about winning --which, incidentally, I not only claim but indeed boldly assert -- although I do agree with you that it's an odd place to hang out. I wonder what makes it so odd?
Don't be desperate. You could have written it on a Treasury Note, it still wouldn't warrant the legitimacy of a denial.


Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 264
Reply with quote
I think that always having to have the last word might be part of that always wanting to make it about winning thing, too.


Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3541
Reply with quote
Of all the things I thought Ming was, a crusty old white dude was not one. Pompous ass who stumbles in to give his opinion without being in full possession of the (easily obtained) facts, yes.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 42#p224142


Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3541
Reply with quote
Only a Wikipedian says warped stuff like this.....

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 54#p226654

.....because only on Wikipedia do you find people satisfied if they are inducing others to contribute for free while feeling resentful.

This isn't what the Founder wanted of course, this isn't his idea of behavioural modification or treating people with basic human dignity. He would rather such people underwent deep and meaningful change, or were made to realise quickly that they are simply incompatible with the project and to be shown the door with utmost haste but utmost respect, lest they become a source of toxicity.

But the mob saw to it that he has no power anymore, and they turned Wikipedia into a sick kind of sweat shop, a factory of human misery. Ming may very well be one of those people who ushered in that new reality. He has that level of arrogance about him, the air of someone who thinks others exist to serve him. And I'm not talking about his sad supervillain persona, although that may be why he chose it, subconsciously.

The upside? It did mean Eric Corbett has been extremely miserable for years, sticking around on Wikipedia purely out of resentment, before he finally wised up. Small mercies and all that.


Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3541
Reply with quote
Fuck me.....
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... f=8&t=9772
http://archive.is/aol0Y
Quote:
Pleasant though it may be to go on
... about how EU copyright is going to take down WP, turning every damn thread here into someone's unconvincing lectures on the subject, it has gotten incredibly boring. Can we talk about something else, and not about EU copyright?
I have some suggested topics of conversation for the good people of Wikipediocracy........

-Why are you letting Ming create posts which violate your own rules about thread titling, and incorrectly place topics pertaining to internal board matters in the General Discussion sub-forum?

-Why are you letting Ming declare that other people posts are unconvincing, boring and tediously repetitious, when he himself offers the square root of fuck all in terms of thought provoking, stimulating or convincing content? Seriously, go look. He barely writes anything of substance at all, and when he does, it is DOG SHIT. Posting passive aggressive bullshit directed at other members like this, is his stock in trade. It is debatable whether the prick can even be called a Wikipedia critic, since that implies they actually bother criticising Wikipedia/ns.

-Why are you letting Ming ask the general membership questions which are only answerable by the staff? (and why is the staff pandering to him by furnishing with an answer?)

-Why is it that whenever you ask the Wikipediocracy staff a serious question, you get a joke answer? Not even a cosetted and indulged member like Ming is spared that treatment. Although following their established pattern, the serious answer was delivered in private, the jokes are just for everyone's general amusement. Lucky old readers.

-How are you going to find anyone to write about this issue.....
Quote:
I was thinking we should write something up for the blog about how the WMF has been trying to pull the ol' switcheroo on the gender-gap conversation, redefining it as a problem of biographies about women (the percentage of which they can increase using edit-a-thons and AI trickery) as opposed to what it actually is, namely the 84% vs. 16% gender disparity among WP users. And like this survey says, that hasn't changed over the past year at all.
.....when you've banned all the critics who are willing or even capable of making this observation and argument (as they have been doing for quite a while in places not named Wikipediocracy). Seriously, you gonna give the ferret fucker that job? Because we all know he thinks the gender gap either doesn't exist or doesn't have an effect. It's not like you'd give it to Ming, is it? Kingsindian is the closest thing you have to a blog post writer, and we all know he isn't up to the task......

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 29#p208329

Fucking muppets. They know the whole world can see this shit, right? Keep your sad power game bullshit to your secret forum, so it can be exposed in the appropriate manner, by leaking........
Quote:
I see that two of the most active threads are currently Graaf Statler is an incoherent lunatic and Midsize Jake is a Jackass.
Still, here's what the world does now know. The only direct action that resulted from this whiny little bitch posting his whiny bullshit in the manner he did, is that the guy he wanted banned, who he has been gunning for for ages in similar fashion, is now banned.

Yet another signal that they see their mission as flattering Wikipedia by copying its most disgusting traits.

We know who they've banned, and we know who they love. We even know who has walked away in disgust and disillusionment. The results are by their own hand, it has got fuck all to do with Trump or any other external factors, as Jake keeps laughably claiming to cover up his own failed leadership.

We won't forget, even if they so clearly want to.


Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3541
Reply with quote
I can't decide if he posted this to disprove my claim he writes DOG SHIT.....

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... f=8&t=9777

....or to show he can do so with impunity, because I'm not there to call him out.

Didn't even use proper paragraphs, which is amusing.

I wonder if the other fuckwits even have the energy to pretend to be interested in this garbage. It may not even interest Kumioko. As if! He'll have some way to make it be about his sad story. Something about how the evil ArbCom has driven off all the editors who know what places are called.


Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3541
Reply with quote
Quote:
Ming put something up for deletion on commons, a pretty clear copyright violation. It still hasn't been processed several months later. Went to look and discovered that the backlog runs all the way back into May.
Somone said pretty much this on Wikipedia a few days ago. Ming is lucky I can't remember where.

What a fucking pathetic idea for a thread though. To put this into perspective, Wikipedia has open copyright investigations for entire users, i.e. not individual articles, which date back to 2010.

This is what happens when you run a supposed Wikipedia criticism site, but it is populated solely by whiny Wikipedians wanting to air their whiny little problems. But you carry on, good people of Wikipediocracy. Do your good work, making sure the things the likes of Ming think are important, get fixed.

Sad fuckers. Fanboys, one and all.


Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 3541
Reply with quote
Still, when he's making crap threads like that, you can understand why he has to steal my ideas.....

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... ?f=5&t=840
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:46 am
387 words

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=9821
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:45 pm
137 words! (31 of which is a quote)

Ming, the reason you had never heard of MEDCOM, is because you're not a Wikipedia critic. You're a Wikipedian playing at being a critic. And you have all the cowardly and unethical traits that implies, as well as the level of intelligence and insight.


Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:34 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group ColorizeIt.
Designed by ST Software.