How Wikipediocracy simply compounds victims suffering

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Re: How Wikipediocracy simply compounds victims suffering

Post by AndrewForson » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:27 am

There's an old saying somewhere -- don't get mad, get even. Perhaps some site should start to compile techniques for socking, vandalism, suggestions for hoax articles, evading checkuser, good places to buy good-hand and admin accounts and so forth?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:48 am

CrowsNest wrote:
Erika wrote:I really had hoped to just keep quiet and edit. If I hadn’t been harassed by CA2James I do think that would have been possible.
I told her months ago that it wouldn't be happy ever after for her, that she had made herself a target and so they would come for her, greenlit for the killer blow. It was inevitable. I think I literally said something like it will be the hope that brings you right up to the doors of their slaughterhouse, and you'll not even see the final swing of the axe coming. So walk away while you still had the option to not give them the satisfaction of denying you what you so clearly wanted. That was their clear goal, and you willingly gave it to them. Like countless other victims before you.

Me too, just like you did , but she asked Zoloft a block for me, what he gave me. Jack has lifted it a few weeks ago after I asked him.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:44 pm

AndrewForson wrote:There's an old saying somewhere -- don't get mad, get even. Perhaps some site should start to compile techniques for socking, vandalism, suggestions for hoax articles, evading checkuser, good places to buy good-hand and admin accounts and so forth?
I was mulling that over just today, as it happens. A "How to......" thread. Only because "How to get around a block" is subtly different these days.

Some people may remember my FAQ series at previous fora, which provided helpful information for anyone looking to figure out how Wikipedia really works.

Some people may also remember the people of Wikipediocracy celebrating their loss, and calling me a know nothing poopie head, or whatever it was they thought was mean enough to escape their censor's attention.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:08 pm

CrowsNest wrote:
AndrewForson wrote:There's an old saying somewhere -- don't get mad, get even. Perhaps some site should start to compile techniques for socking, vandalism, suggestions for hoax articles, evading checkuser, good places to buy good-hand and admin accounts and so forth?
I was mulling that over just today, as it happens. A "How to......" thread. Only because "How to get around a block" is subtly different these days.

Some people may remember my FAQ series at previous fora, which provided helpful information for anyone looking to figure out how Wikipedia really works.

Some people may also remember the people of Wikipediocracy celebrating their loss, and calling me a know nothing poopie head, or whatever it was they thought was mean enough to escape their censor's attention.

I once published an extensive guide on this subject on a website that was mysteriously attacked by trolls and taken down by a DDoS attack when the Wikipedia administrators found it (the site was later dubbed "VandalWiki" for no good reason). Other than this leading to being permanently banned from all Wikimedia sites and IRC, branded an LTA, and being threatened with legal action by no less than 3 separate people; there was little reaction and everything was fine and dandy.

The guide is approaching book length now since I keep adding bollocks to it, recently I have been considering whether I should make an actual effort and maybe publish it on Amazon. Can't DDoS the Kindle store. Thinking ahead here...

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:42 pm

TheGarbageScow wrote:Maybe it's time for Wikipedia to have their #metoo moment.

EDIT: Actually, that's not a bad idea. Does anyone have any media contacts? Erika, would you be in support of this going to the press and finding a wider audience?
She has literally said she is doing this, multiple times, in the very thread this guy replied to.

Despite all this, she persists in believing there is some value to her posting there.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 pm

I get mad and lose my temper. I take things personally. And when people are opaquely stupid it’s like a trigger where I lose patience. Quickly. Unseemly. I personalize things.

I am a fighter. And if there is an underdog being attacked I will defend them. It gets me in trouble.

Some of the criticism is definitely valid. I am not perfect.
She's been a Wikipediocracy member for almost a year, and yet it still somehow comes as a surprise that being this sort of person is how you fast track yourself into the block-ban-global ban meat grinder. If you have no powerful friends to gum up the works, or course.

You could argue she was too obstinate to take these lessons on board. And yet I don't recall many members even trying to teach her these things. Only people who were ultimately banned by Wikipediocracy as being not their kind of people.
I also question why there is no objection by others, by many active editors, who see this happen. Only a few say anything. Don’t seem to have problems with these actions. So thereby condone it. Is that the kind of governance and actions that are okay with people? Is that how the community wants things done?
Well, since many of them are active members of Wikipediocracy, she could always ask them. They're an open and honest bunch, always receptive to such questions. Zoloft sees to that. Not.

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:04 pm

CrowsNest wrote:

Perhaps a kind person would publish a pointer to some build-your-own-bot code?

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:51 pm

AndrewForson wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:

Perhaps a kind person would publish a pointer to some build-your-own-bot code?

Sure thing.

http://thewikicabal.com/2018/08/22/build-a-bot/

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:09 am

https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Vandal/How-to

Hope this helps. :^)

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:38 am

Thanks! A project to while away the long winter evenings,