The Wikipediocracy dead pool

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Re: The Wikipediocracy dead pool

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun May 07, 2017 7:31 pm

ericbarbour wrote:After months of inactivity, Somey has gone back to posting the usual lame jokes to
https://twitter.com/FakeJimb0Wales
and not on WO. Conclusion: even the former sysop of Wikipedia Review is getting tired of WO.
They seem to have been temporarily revived since the day the site was down. I think it's possible that Zoloft issued an ultimatum: share the work or he's gone.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat May 13, 2017 11:19 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:They seem to have been temporarily revived since the day the site was down. I think it's possible that Zoloft issued an ultimatum: share the work or he's gone.

Would not surprise me. And they will never discuss any of it publicly and openly.

Now Fake Jimbo is ranting about the French election. The WO blog is still dead and the forum is still getting only a few posts per day. Lol.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun May 14, 2017 10:27 pm

Cla didn't seem to even reappear after WO was down for 6 hours. I think he's ridden off into the sunset.

Stanistani

Post by Stanistani » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:30 am

The hosting, domain, and main admin are all in new, stable hands. You may have a loooonnng wait. Cheers!

The End
Sucks Fan

Post by The End » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:51 am

Stanistani wrote:The hosting, domain, and main admin are all in new, stable hands. You may have a loooonnng wait. Cheers!

Someone we know? :?
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:21 am

Stanistani wrote:The hosting, domain, and main admin are all in new, stable hands. You may have a loooonnng wait. Cheers!
Define "new". Adminship was transferred to a Trustee, with the former Admin (you, of course) becoming a Trustee. So would we be surprised to learn the domain and server keys have similarly just been passed around the inner circle?

What is dead can never die.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:03 am

Apparently he made Tarantino a sysop. Yeah, that's a good idea....a guy who's so paranoid he only uses TOR to access the public internet.....

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:51 am

ericbarbour wrote:Apparently he made Tarantino a sysop. Yeah, that's a good idea....a guy who's so paranoid he only uses TOR to access the public internet.....
Wow.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:53 am

Flip Flopped wrote:
ericbarbour wrote:Apparently he made Tarantino a sysop. Yeah, that's a good idea....a guy who's so paranoid he only uses TOR to access the public internet.....
Wow.
I just looked and his name is still green for being a mod. Is there something that you know that we don't?

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:37 pm

CrowsNest wrote:What is dead can never die.
H.P. Lovecraft put it this way:
The Call of Cthulhu wrote:Cthulhu still lives, too, I suppose, again in that chasm of stone which has shielded him since the sun was young. His accursed city is sunken once more, for the Vigilant sailed over the spot after the April storm; but his ministers on earth still bellow and prance and slay around idol-capped monoliths in lonely places. He must have been trapped by the sinking whilst within his black abyss, or else the world would by now be screaming with fright and frenzy. Who knows the end? What has risen may sink, and what has sunk may rise. Loathsomeness waits and dreams in the deep, and decay spreads over the tottering cities of men. A time will come—but I must not and cannot think!