Have I mocked Tim Davenport lately?

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Have I mocked Tim Davenport lately?

Post by ericbarbour » Thu May 31, 2018 12:16 am

If not, allow me to start a thread. Because on WO's "Off-Topic" section, Kumioko started a thread back in March called "Wikipediocracy has become infected with the WMF".

And this is how it developed:
Kumioko wrote:I'm sure I am going to ruffle some feathers and possibly even get muted for this and I am certain I am not the only one that has noticed but Wikipediocracy has become infested with rats. I don't really know what can, if anything, be done about it at this point, but surely I am not the only one to see it.
Wikipediocracy has become so infested with Wikipedia insiders rats that most of the actual critics have left, some started other criticism boards and I hope that the admins and mods here see what is happening, if they haven't already. This site has become little more than the mouthpiece blog of the WMF and it's really a shame. It's a good thing to have Wikipedia arbs and editors here, it really is, but not to the extent that we have.
When the insiders openly insult and run down the critics and drive them away, when the mods favor insiders who justify even the worst Wikipedia behaviors over the critics bringing it to light, then that is a problem.
I had thought that unmuting me was a gesture of good will so that I could participate, as someone who had been banned by the WMF, but I have come to believe it was less about that than it was of getting a critic back after driving so many away. It wasn't because of anything I could bring, but of the sites survival by trying to balance out some of the insiders who have overtaken the critics here. Sad to see, but I guess the virus of the WMF has infected here as well.

Tim Randy from Boise Davenport wrote:You're already posting on the Strelnikov board, so I don't even need to offer the suggestion and provide you the link.
Be sure to blame everything on Kohs, that'll make you friends over there.

Kumioko wrote:Yeah I pretty much join any criticism venue I find out about. I also still have accounts on IRC, Discord and the WMF sites but that won't surprise anyone.
It's also no secret me and Greg didn't like each other and I suspect my previous ban had a lot to do with him. I do think he provided some good info sometimes when he wasn't treated everyone else that posted as inferior idiots though. My hope is that he (and others) will occasionally stop by again.

Tim Randy from Boise Davenport wrote:I'm shure hes reeding.

Thanks partly to Auggie and Jake dropping similar snarkery, it was quickly derailed. Ho hum.

And they seriously wonder why WO is "unpopular"?
Also: fuck you, Tim.