Posting traffic seems to be fading again

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Posting traffic seems to be fading again

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Far as I can tell there are only about 5-10 posts per day in public areas. Compare it to 50-100 posts per day prior to 2015.

Kumioko is slowly taking over--keep it up, dude! Demand moderator privileges, so we can watch them reject you!

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Re: Posting traffic seems to be fading again

Post by AndrewForson » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Oh, credit where credit is due. Poetlisterbot2.0 is still running, scanning Google News for the word "Wikipedia".

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:56 am

MadManz and Dykslyver are relatively busy new recruits, and talking with them is largely what accounts for Kumioko's continued postings. Outside of Poetlister's newsfeed, these two have created most of their recent new threads. Mind you, both could be Poetlister socks, transitioning banned Wikipedia identities into disgruntled WO posters for the lulz (no offence if you are not, it's just what he does, apparently). Properly moderated, at least some of that stuff is useful and could drive traffic, but they don't do (content) moderation, only the odd Snowflake intervention, so it hasn't driven anything.

Other than that rather deceptive impression of activity, interest seems down across the board, from all types of regular - the Wikipedia insiders and fanboys, as well as the pseudo-critics. And Zoloft, well, he has obviously died of shame or embarassment. Tarantino is obviously stuck up a tree somewhere, binoculars in hand.

So much for the relaunch I guess. Jake will need to find another excuse to further postpone them officially mothballing the place, because it is quite obvious Trump isn't the distraction he claims it is, and boredom/hopelessness is not and has never been a realistic answer for their woes. The simple reality is, as always, there are many big things, and lots of little things, going on in Wikipedia of 2018 that merit critical analysis, all largely being novel and never previously covered. Lots of other stuff they have covered, is of course still seeing significant developments that require documenting.

Despite the wheels having come off, and there not being any roof or doors, and simply fumes in the gas tank, the WMF are still driving that clown car full throttle, hell bent on reaching their destination as described in Strategy 2030. There is still much hay to be made by a site which markets itself as an independent critical platform, even for those whose position in that scenario is as backseat drivers or even carjackers, people who are not simply trying to hasten the inevitable crash.

Unsurprisingly, one thing that is being faithfully documented, is the slow lingering death of The People's Operator. After a ridiculous 1,072 poats on this issue which was only ever of tangential relevance, and certainly entirely irrelevant for at least two years, Poetlister eventually posted this yesterday......
Anyway, this thread can now be closed as the company is no longer relevant to Jimbo.
....and the board moderator jumped to act. Not.

I wonder if they regret banning me yet? All the people claiming I was distressing them, dissauding them from participating, well, they don't seem too interested in making hay while the sun shines. Go figure. You figured it out yet Jake? Don't say I didn't tell you what would happen and why, because I did.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:20 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Despite the wheels having come off, and there not being any roof or doors, and simply fumes in the gas tank, the WMF are still driving that clown car full throttle, hell bent on reaching their destination as described in Strategy 2030. There is still much hay to be made by a site which markets itself as an independent critical platform, even for those whose position in that scenario is as backseat drivers or even carjackers, people who are not simply trying to hasten the inevitable crash.

But it's where the rubber hits the road, to keep the same poetic style. Strategy 2030 is of course unreachable with this broken vehicle, and I am sure they know.
And you are right, the cash is inevitable, so I suggest Eric to wait a while and name his book The rice and fall of the wiki mouvement. It will be a bestseller!

Cruizir
Sucks Noob
Location: IF YOU DONT THINK CRUIZIR IS CRUIZIN I WILL FUCKING NAIL YOU TO THEFLOOR I WILL FUCKING DISMANTLE YO

Post by Cruizir » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:44 pm

CrowsNest wrote:MadManz and Dykslyver are relatively busy new recruits, and talking with them is largely what accounts for Kumioko's continued postings. Outside of Poetlister's newsfeed, these two have created most of their recent new threads. Mind you, both could be Poetlister socks, transitioning banned Wikipedia identities into disgruntled WO posters for the lulz (no offence if you are not, it's just what he does, apparently). Properly moderated, at least some of that stuff is useful and could drive traffic, but they don't do (content) moderation, only the odd Snowflake intervention, so it hasn't driven anything.

Yes, I am obviously a sockpuppet of of Poetlister.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 pm

Just popping in cause I was mentioned. I am undoubtedly a sock of... um... my foot. :D

But seriously, I am an ephemeral Cornish lawyer posting here and there because IRC is not for me anymore. As far as moderation is concerned, there is little, none of my posts have ever been rejected.

Who knows, I might find a life or die or something.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:45 pm

We definitely need to talk about Kumioko some more.
ericbarbour wrote:Kumioko is slowly taking over--keep it up, dude! Demand moderator privileges, so we can watch them reject you!
I thought they banned this guy for turning every thread into an opportunity to toot his horn? It's been eighteen months since his Global Ban, and a few promising threads aside where it looked like he might be expanding his horizon, he has reverted to churning out his boring shit over and over again. How can you possibly retain sympathy for someone who tells you their tale of woe a hundred times over? And that figure is literal.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 28#p226428

As entertaining as it is to see people like BU Rob jumped on by an excitable puppy, it is the forum member with a mere 27 posts to their name who easily spotted the flaw in his arguments....
Kumioko wrote:If you Arbcom clowns don't want me emailing you, then you have the power to change that by talking to James Alexander and revoking my ban and get a good editor back.
selmahyzerman wrote:I have a better chance of becoming the King of Eurasia than that happening.
I guess he could just be referring to how unlikely it is that ArbCom would do such a thing, but it holds true regardless. Even in the fantasy land scenario where ArbCom as a body would have some sympathy for Kumioko and decide to petition JAlex, he isn't getting unbanned. Ever.

It's getting beyond boring. Doesn't he realise other people have to read that forum? For critical commentary purposes. People not remotely interested in his plight anymore. And it isn't like his exchanges with the Wikipedians he keeps ambushing ever go anywhere. He has his recollections and beliefs, and they have theirs. They certainly don't reveal anything that isn't already known by experienced obsevers, or couldn't be inferred from what was said at the time.

And as amusing as it is to see Eric Corbett pretending he's suddenly interested in and in agreement with Kumioko, and watching Kumioko be all excited as if he hasn't realised having a friend like Eric (or rather the protection of his Administrator goon squad) would have prevented him ever being blocked, let alone Globally Banned, we're not exactly short of material to expose Eric as a fake critic. Indeed it's a good question why Eric didn't take up his case given the overlap in philosophy, but I can handle that without twenty pages of Kumioko rehash.

Indeed, I'll do part of it now. Here's what Eric was doing while the community debated site banning Kumioko.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 2018-02-28

Naturally the cowardly staff won't do anything about him hogging the bandwidth. If they were going to, it would have happened already. They're just happy he keeps the forum looking less dead. There was a time their hostile regulars, the Mings and Jims, jumped all over people for things as trivial as not using proper paragraph breaks, never mind dominating every thread, in the apparent belief they were being read by Very Important People, or rather because they consider their time is valuable (as if). Not so bothered now, it seems. Perhaps because they saw just how close to extinction they came.

Still, a new dawn, a reshuffled leadership, but the same old problem. I wasn't kidding when I said way back when that Kumioko can be an asset to a critic forum, but only if you properly manage him. He never did say why he drifted away from this place, but I'm quite sure the fact he has a willing audience and an apathetic staff over there has more than something to do with it.

To quote the great philosopher.....

Move Bitch, Get Out The Way.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Things seem to be going along the lines of thread titles;

Following the "AndytheGrump telling Paul Bedson to fuck off" thread we have the "Midsize Jake is a Jackass" thread (renamed to the "Midsize Jake can change thread titles pretty much at will" thread), the "Graaf Statler is an incoherent lunatic" thread, the "Graaf links to a 404 as evidence for his claims" thread which was originally called something else I can't remember.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:43 pm

Fucking Muppet...

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... ad#p227034

If there's one thing guaranteed to make a Wikipedian respond, it's making a mistake. Say something accrate but damaging, they usually won't even respond. They are allergic to factual criticism.

Maybe one day Wikipediocracy will realise it pays to value and respect posters who know what they're taking about. Who know the value of such a simple principle and are unafraid to hold their fellow critics, and those trying to sound like serious critics, to the same standard, for everyone's benefit. Until then, you can expect more of this sort of shite. Embarrassing.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:11 am

CrowsNest wrote:It's getting beyond boring. Doesn't he realise other people have to read that forum? For critical commentary purposes. People not remotely interested in his plight anymore.

Indeed, you are faling in sleep by all there little wiki pain shit story's. Nobody is interested in it.

Naturally the cowardly staff won't do anything about him hogging the bandwidth. If they were going to, it would have happened already. They're just happy he keeps the forum looking less dead.]

In this way it is also dead. There is simple noting to write at moment in Wiki land, because it is a complete status quo. Rommmaanni and friends has failed with there attempt to change the EU in small America and the playground of silicon, so there is not any hope for them and there save harbour with there hotel in California in the future.

Free source can never fly in Europe, for the simple reason there are to much legal restrictions other than in a pirate way. And because of that fact there content is in worthless, and that is the situation what doesn't change. And excuses like we wait for a trail are as worthless as if I start to export drug to America under the liberal Duch law and say I wait for a trail.