Yes, I'v got him!

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Yes, I'v got him!

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:38 pm

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Yes, I'v got him! :mrgreen:

The Wikipediocracy ban from Jakeass the liar!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Yes, I'v got him!

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Jake wrote:
Well .... I wish Mr Graaf Statler all the best. He was colorful and interesting.
Believe it or not, I do too, and I guess you could say that's why we let him go on for as long as we did. But at some point you just have to say enough is enough.
Yeah, I don't believe you. You had options. You let him "go on" because you like fucking with people, and of course you don't want it to be too obvious who your masters are.

Graaf is hopefully not too upset because he was given fair warning as to what your deal is. He was warned he would be played like a fool, allowed to "go on" only for the purposes of being used as a source of amusement, until such time as the members you do respect became bored and their screaming became intolerable.

Anyway, good news Graaf. It is official Wikipedidocracy policy to let banned users have one free hit to return as a sock-puppet. Knock yourself out.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:40 pm

Returning to discuss with this fool and troll?

midsize Jake wrote:I'm not trying to argue that the United States is somehow more important than the rest of the world in general, but the fact remains that (for good or ill) the WMF primarily operates out of the USA. If the US government quashes the truth defense, rewrites/repeals Section 230, and/or imposes some sort of securitarian censorship regime, that's going to mean some big changes in Wikiland. And all of those things will go through the Supreme Court.

I think the interest of WMF in the rest of the world is much bigger than in the USA, as usual Jake is telling bull. Jake is always predicting bull, I wonder who this person is, I think personal some autistic wiki fool, some page watcher, some loser with a lot of bluff, but I can be wrong. Maybe he is some free source freak, it is hard to say. But indeed we didn't dislike each other.
But the question what remains is, why is he a side sysop? Why do they allowed this clown to make wikipediocrazy to a honeypot for wiki fools like Eric and Ming? It is a mystery for me.

LargelyRecyclable
Sucks Noob

Post by LargelyRecyclable » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:15 am

I'm pretty new to the off-wiki circuit. I only joined after my site ban. Is there a Cliff Notes version of why people hate Wikipediocracy and Jake so much? I understand accusations that he leaks stuff to the in-crowd on Wikipedia, but other than that?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:48 am

LargelyRecyclable wrote:I'm pretty new to the off-wiki circuit. I only joined after my site ban. Is there a Cliff Notes version of why people hate Wikipediocracy and Jake so much? I understand accusations that he leaks stuff to the in-crowd on Wikipedia, but other than that?

I don't hate Jake or Ming or Erik at all! They are extreem funny and a caricature of a serious content writer. They troll, they lie, they operate in (international) groups, they never, never substantiate any of there claims, but they are the nobility of Wikipedia with the support and blessing of WMF. Who had the illusion they are safe behind section 230 what they are not at all. But I am sure they know now better.

It is just a crazy situation.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:48 pm

LargelyRecyclable wrote:I'm pretty new to the off-wiki circuit. I only joined after my site ban. Is there a Cliff Notes version of why people hate Wikipediocracy and Jake so much? I understand accusations that he leaks stuff to the in-crowd on Wikipedia, but other than that?
The really short version is that Jake has turned Wikipediocry from a promising critic forum which the Wikipedians and WMF were genuinely scared of a few years ago, into a hangout for an assorted collection of pseudo-critics and Wikipedians. It kind of pisses off all those serious critics who he has either banned or otherwise ensured are not made to feel welcome, because for reasons best known to those who think it, there is still a weird perception out there that not only is Wikipediocracy a critic forum, it's the foremost critic forum.

Take my situation. I'm supposedly banned because I'm disliked by the members he respects and values. And yet since my ban, I've had no trouble being quoted or praised for my work by assorted other serious critics who have either left Wikipediocracy completely, or visit only as part of the rounds, many of whom I don't personally know, and others who actually don't like me. But they respect me because of the quality of my work. And Jake would absolutely publish it too, if I was dumb enough to let him.

The guy is more interested in keeping his regulars happy and making the place look attractive to Wikipedians, than anything else. And what makes his regulars sad? Nothing more complicated than pointing out how crap their criticism is (the pseduo-critics) or how poor their life choices have been (the Wikipedians). You can present these views in the nicest possible terms, you'll still be banned. Try and do any serious criticism there, and you are treated to exactly the same sort of nonsense you would be if you presented the case on Wikipedia. Indeed, for certain topics you'll be better received on Wikipedia.

There's a reason journalists etc are no longer interested in what is posted there, and neither are most Wikipedians, except those looking to further victimize people. It's a sad state of affairs. You're more likely to meet some of the very worst Wikipedians there, than see them being called out. Think of it as merely a club house for those Wikipedians who blame everything on the Foundation, who deny there is a gender gap, who hate WP:CIV, who think Wikipedia needs to be more insular, who ascribe to the Primacy of the Content Creators, etc, etc. The fucking idiots, in other words.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:59 pm

I wouldn't name it a gender gap, Crow. It is complete lack of civilization in general what woman simple even more dislike than man. I mean, of course there is a gender gap, but it has a other reason than WMF is predicting and is trying to solve. Or maybe it is because much more man have autism than woman, also a possibility.

And of course you can't blame WMF or Jimmy for all the wiki evil in this world, the wiki system is a system filled up with system errors.
It is even not so useful to criticise it, because it is a self destruction system. There is only one way in the wiki system, and that is down. First have disembarked the wiki ship the serious editors, after that the rats, and what now is left, well have a look at Jakes Wikipediocrazy.