Accept no false idols

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Accept no false idols

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Carrite wrote:Remind us why running articles through the Featured Article Candidates homogenization machine, playground of the true Manual of Style obsessives, is important again.
I GOT THIS! 8-)
Wikipedia wrote:Featured articles are considered to be some of the best articles Wikipedia has to offer, as determined by Wikipedia's editors. They are used by editors as examples for writing other articles.

A featured article exemplifies our very best work and is distinguished by professional standards of writing, presentation, and sourcing. In addition to meeting the policies regarding content for all Wikipedia articles, it has the following attributes......well written, comprehensive, well researched, neutral, stable, has good style, is well illustrated and of appropriate length
Strange that this Wikipedia editor of 76,858 edits and 4,464 page creations, did not know this. :?

Hold up now. I think he may have been trying to be sarcastic. Well I never. :x

--------

Truth is, this dude has reasons to swerve the sort of scrutiny the FAC process entails, and they are most certainly not a fear of his work being homogenized or nit-picked by style obsessives. No, he fears he won't make rent, and he will be denied the one thing he has realised Wikipedia can give him that self-publishing could not.

So, for all you innocent Wikipedia editors out there who might be trawling Wikipediocracy for tips on how to be too cool for school, if you're up to no good, don't get cocky. It gets you noticed. It gets people up in your business. Bad people. And you don't want that.

Now, let's be clear. FAC has serious problems, but if you want to know what they are, you really need to either consult someone who has a genuine record of trying to shepherd articles through it, or an actual bona fide Wikipedia critic. And if you like what you hear, if it jives with your own experience or observations, don't be afraid to speak your truth. There is no teaching to be found in that Godforsaken place, not from their assorted collection of fork-tongued pseudo-critics.

Accept no false idols.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Accept no false idols

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:17 pm

It is amazing what happens there. Jake is now a kind of cheerleader, indeed a new idol.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:11 am

CrowsNest wrote:
Carrite wrote:Remind us why running articles through the Featured Article Candidates homogenization machine, playground of the true Manual of Style obsessives, is important again.
I GOT THIS! 8-)
Wikipedia wrote:Featured articles are considered to be some of the best articles Wikipedia has to offer, as determined by Wikipedia's editors. They are used by editors as examples for writing other articles.

A featured article exemplifies our very best work and is distinguished by professional standards of writing, presentation, and sourcing. In addition to meeting the policies regarding content for all Wikipedia articles, it has the following attributes......well written, comprehensive, well researched, neutral, stable, has good style, is well illustrated and of appropriate length

Strange that this Wikipedia editor of 76,858 edits and 4,464 page creations, did not know this. :?

Citing Wikipedia to "prove" that a Wikipedia process is The Shit™ — that's about par for your intellectual prowess.

Dumb ass.

Carrite

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:24 pm

Heee Tim! Welcome! Nice to see you here and stay a while, can be interesting.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Carrite wrote:Citing Wikipedia to "prove" that a Wikipedia process is The Shit™ — that's about par for your intellectual prowess.

Dumb ass.

Carrite
What a ridiculous first post. You came all the way over here to say this? I must have hit a raw nerve.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:04 pm

CrowsNest wrote:
Carrite wrote:Citing Wikipedia to "prove" that a Wikipedia process is The Shit™ — that's about par for your intellectual prowess.

Dumb ass.

Carrite
What a ridiculous first post. You came all the way over here to say this? I must have hit a raw nerve.

O, it was not because of my poor English I understand now, because it was complete unclear what Tim wanted to say to you, except that you are a dumb ass in his opinion.