Midsize Jake

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Midsize Jake

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:12 am

CrowsNest wrote:He bans people who want no part of Wikipedia except to study it from a distance, while encouraging and protecting the cult members. He lets the cult members discuss what they want, while stopping people who want them to discuss things which are relevant to other people's studies. He forbids anyone disturbing the mental state of the cult members by telling them the nature of their reality.

Other than the huge ethical violation, there's nothing inherently wrong with running a forum as little more than a honey pot for wiki-addicts so you can personally study them. Except, of course, the fact HE NEVER PUBLISHES ANY OF HIS RESULTS.

Worse, he gets the patients to publish their thoughts, as if the crazed ramblings of the cult members are useful to anyone wanting to study Wikipedia. Is this one of his therapies?

Which also describes how Wikimedia operates. Black hole, everything goes in, nothing comes out. Except a heavily stepped-upon website.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:The latter explanation is at least 90 percent more likely than the former and - this is what I want to stress here - still looks like a form of manipulation, only to a larger group of people in a more plausible way. So why does Mr. Pudeo not take that approach? We're not low-information voters here - Wikipedia criticism is supposed to be a highbrow pursuit, even if we do occasionally indulge in a little mudslinging and shit-flinging now and again

Is that so, Jake? We're not low-information voters here - Wikipedia criticism is supposed to be a highbrow pursuit?

Look, I am still angry whit Crow because has betrayed Sashi, Crow and I know each other from our time in the Lubyanka Building where Crow has shared a room with Putin, but are you using the words:

.....we are not low-information voters? Wikipedia criticism is supposed to be a highbrow pursuit?

Give me a break, Jake. What Wikipedia criticism is WO offering us? Nothing. This is one big joke.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:39 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:The latter explanation is at least 90 percent more likely than the former and - this is what I want to stress here - still looks like a form of manipulation, only to a larger group of people in a more plausible way. So why does Mr. Pudeo not take that approach? We're not low-information voters here - Wikipedia criticism is supposed to be a highbrow pursuit, even if we do occasionally indulge in a little mudslinging and shit-flinging now and again

Lol classic Somey. Cleverly (?) weasel-wording his way out of every predicament he drags himself into.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Somey wrote:Also, sorry about the inaccuracies of my earlier account of East-European politics and NATO/EU expansion as applies to WP and the EEML; I blame advancing age and the miserable state of the American media (not to mention our education system) when it comes to coverage of international politics.

This is where the rubber hits the road, Jake. Because how in the world is it possible a cult has occurred around a few Pirate Bay/Party kids as a solution for the European Wikipedia copyright problems. Because to be fair in The EU it is considered as astroturfing, has driven the pro-party's together to one block and has been extreem contra-productive in this way. It is used to show how desperate regulation was necessary.

What I have tried, and what my contribution is to wikipedia critic is, I have tried the past years to make clear (what was made to me impossible on the WMF products and even by WMF itself at the end.) to tell more about Europa because I noticed that total leak of what you mention, a leak of correct information about the European country's, the EU in general, the European Parlement, and the very complex legal systems in the different European country's in a very early stadium.
And I hope I have succeed, because I consider that strange dream where I said goodbye to James Alexander in the coffee bar of the petrol station in the next small town last week for myself as a millstone. Because I am in contradiction to Kum not interested to return to wikipedia or to work on any on line encyclopaedia. Das war einmal, das kommt nicht wieder and I go on with my life and advice Kum strong to do the same.Because Wikipedia is simple not worth to fight for, it is lost and it is just a matter of time before the wiki-Titanic with it loud playing orchestras like Wikicon-NL sinks.