Wikipedia to "fight fake news"

Because no one else is doing it--not even the media.
The End
Sucks Fan

Re: Wikipedia to "fight fake news"

Post by The End » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:40 am

zordrac wrote:But isn't Wikipedia the single greatest source of fake news on the planet? You have to wonder what they are playing at. Nobody honestly believes that Wikipedia are telling the truth, do they?

I work in retail and see people buying those supermarket tabloids. They say "The tabloids HAVE to tell the truth or they'll get sued!" My faith in the human race grows dimmer every day. No wonder the Internet is full of kitten pictures now.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Today, by email;
Hi!

As we continue forward with the pilot project of WikiTribune, we are finding it incredibly useful to be more and more "wiki" about how we do things. One by one we are taking down the barriers which have kept people from fully participating in every step of the process. (I am the one person who should have known better, but hey, I keep learning!)

As a person who has been an active member of the community, without any disruptive editing, you are someone I want to trust. You can edit this page. As of today, you have the ability to edit more and to actually 'publish' if you think something is good enough to approve.

Use the power responsibly, but please do use it. All you have to do is go to the site and log in and the upgrade will happen automatically.

If you haven't logged in for awhile, now is a good time to do so - it's more fun than ever.

--Jimmy Wales

This seems to be true, I have been appointed to the rank of "under construction" and given the ability to moderate their pending changes, many of which are months old.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:37 pm

OK. At the moment Jimmy allows Crow, Strelnikov Eric Barbour, De Kolonel, you and me and other real critics to write articles about the real Wikipedia without any censorship i believe him with his fighting fake news. And till that time not.
Let me tell you something, Arthur. First, Jimmy was against that Belgium chapter, I will always defend him there. Second, I don't know what Jimmy's roll is in this strange Wikipedia of today. I should say let Jimmy shows his cards, I am pretty sure he is reading here, he can invite us here.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:22 am

I should add this note from March that I ran across on the Gender Desk blog:
https://genderdesk.wordpress.com/2019/0 ... irev-down/
If Renée/Rogol’s new bragging group is WikiRev, the new trollee seems to be Jimmy Wales’ WikiTribune. Which, (poor JImbo, doesn’t seem to be doing so well) has let all their employees go, presumably because they can’t pay them.

Even more incisive: bring it up on a WikiTribune talkpage OR on Discord, and Wales bans you. And anyone else who even discusses it. Exactly what I expect Wales will do when things are falling apart and he wants to silence everyone.
renee-trolls-wikitribune.png
renee-trolls-wikitribune.png (121.85 KiB) Viewed 2485 times

Fuck you, Jimboob. Fuck you and the giant rat you rode in on.