FRAMBAN, the revolution that fell apart

Because no one else is doing it--not even the media.
Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: FRAMBAN, the revolution that fell apart

Post by Abd » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 pm

CrowsNest wrote:There is no scenario where the community wins, the WMF has shown in other incidents that it would be perfectly willing to remove all Stewards and lock down the site if faced with open rebellion.
I have seen no such incident. Without evidence, this statement is simply a claim. What someone might state is not a demonstration of being "perfectly willing," because people bluff or exaggerate their real position. What has been seen are isolated incidents of rights removal, in, as I recall, a cause where the WMF ultimately backed down.

The WMF has almost full legal immunity against liability for actions by the volunteers, including copyright violation. So the claim that they have a legal responsibility is fluff.

They have a responsibility with regard to take-down notices, and if a steward were to prevent removal, they could turn the identity of the steward over to the copyright owner. That's what they could legally do, and it would protect them.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:14 pm

The German, a European judge has decided different, so there is law cause about. In Europe is WMF full responsible for both, they even have to follow the norms of journalistic.
In America the Trump administration is torning on section 230, possible/likely section 230 will be very limited in the AS of A too.

In short, a pan American posting without any vision, Abd. Because the WMF has in no way legal immunity against liability in many parts of the world, not now and for sure not in the future!

And now just fuck off with your take-down notices, Abd, hundred times I have now explained to you that's only in America and in Europe not, there is a pay or I sue you system.
This is simple trolling.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Abd wrote:The WMF has almost full legal immunity against liability for actions by the volunteers, including copyright violation. So the claim that they have a legal responsibility is fluff.
They have full and complete liability if a volunteer does something they could have foreseen happening through their prior actions or statements of intent, and could have prevented by removing the advanced rights they used to do it. Their only defence would be if they could genuinely say they weren't aware of the statements of actions, which in all these case of extreme drama, is typically not the case. If Floquenbeam had published confidential information he could only have obtained from oversighted records in that thirty day period where he was supposed to have been desysopped, who is liable? Floquenbeam, firstly, obviously, if you can figure out who he is. But the Foundation is jointly liable to the victim, since they had reasonable grounds to believe it could happen, and had the means to prevent it. The volunteer who returned Floquenbeam's rights out of process, WjScribe, has no liability to the ultimate victim, but he would be liable to the Foundation. The only reason the volunteers had for believing Floquenbeam wasn't a risk, was their trust in him, a quality without any legal basis, since they are not liable should that trust be misplaced. The Foundation's trust in Floquenbeam disappeared the moment he overturned an office action without permission.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:54 pm

Idiots. Period. Bah.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:54 am

These guy's has no idea what safe space and harresment is. A safe place is where jerks are beaten out in in a bar fight and where woman are protected and offered a drink to talk thinks over in a a quiet environment in a normal way. Both Laura Hale and her wife are warm invited to tell there side of the story here in this for them absolute safe space.

Because in this way no one get a clear picture what has happend.
Yes, what I have seen of those Glam projects are they very inefficient and money waisting. And yes, you can consider it as payed editing, but has she realised that herself? I don't think so.
So come one Laura, come over and show here your girl power! Don't be the chicken what Vig is!
Defend yourself here, come on, girl! Not by a expensive and stress generated law sue, no here. You and your wife are warm invited!
And Crow and I are here in the old fashion way to defend you, by beating jerks the tooth out of there mouth!
(Digital of course, please no violent.)