How fitting that Slate should choose an unstable narcissist to represent Wikipedia

Because no one else is doing it--not even the media.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: How fitting that Slate should choose an unstable narcissist to represent Wikipedia

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:48 pm

Buried deep within the usual reality defying nonsense of his ongoing retirement saga, was this curious and hitherto unseen little detail.....
Floquenbeam declined to step back and allow other administrators to handle any future disruptive behavior on my part.

That last one is the killer.

Why would Floquenbeam refuse such a request?

He could do it without admitting fault.

He could even do it privately by email and I would not reveal that he had made such an agreement unless he violated it.
What a stupid thing to say.

I can't credit Guy Macon with the evil genius of having come up with it deliberately, but as a potential weapon against the weak and opaque system of Wikipedia self governance, this is quite brilliant.

Guy Macon will return to editing sooner or later, and it won't be because anyone has lifted a finger to satisfy any of his past or present demands or whinges.

Not publicly at least..... :twisted:

If I were Floquenbeam, I would post a clear and BINDING statement to the effect that I would not and could not ever enter into such an agreement, and if Guy Macon returns to editing, it will not be because of anything I have said to him in private.

Even then, it might be too late.

Secret pact is secret. And in this case, there are good reasons for both these turds to sign up to it, and keep it a secret.

This is so much fun. Guy Macon, you are priceless. :lol:

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: How fitting that Slate should choose an unstable narcissist to represent Wikipedia

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:47 pm

Super lol for the realisation that Guy Macon's claimed superpower that you only need to tell him to do something and he will forever comply, doesn't apparently work when it's him telling himself to do something......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1034403600

What an absolute nugget.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:59 pm

I have been ordered to not discuss the reasons why I stopped contributing to Wikipedia.
Lolwut?

As far as I recall, the true version of this garbage is that he was emailed by Ritchie333? to simply remind him that he had voluntarily agreed not to mention Floquenbeam as a condition for his early release from Floquenbeam's block.

He can of course mention the reasons he was blocked, and state that his disagreement with these reasons and his as yet unfulfilled request that they be officiallly vacated, is the reason he has (sort of) retired from being a Wikipedia editor, without breaking his voluntary undertaking.

But hey, this is Wikipedia, printing fake news originating from biased actors with disreputable agendas, is what they do.

Don't bother reporting the false nature of this statement to them, they won't care. Not even when you say it could unfairly malign Ritchie333 as some kind of Nazi bastard.

No retraction, correction or apology will be forthcoming. You will be invited to sue if you can find any Californian law that says this is illegal, or you can fuck off and cry about it on Facebook.

Children, this is irony.

Stephen Harrison, this is your idea of a good source for printing garbage like this.......
we don’t remove material just because it came from the Daily Mail,” Macon explained. “Instead we carefully evaluate it.”
If this isn't just more of his fake news, you're going to be able to point me to their "careful evaluation" of the Marek Kukula case, right?

You can do that, right? I mean, if this is how it really works, and if Guy Macon has no reason to deceive you about what the Wikipedia community, and what he specifically, actually does in cases like that, you could show me this careful evaluation?

No? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Because I know what they did (a pantomime of a debate where a serious court report was cast as a celebrity gossip piece), and I know why they did it (the war must be won at all costs), and I don't recall you asking me for a comment for this piece.

Even though I know you were only writing it at the suggestion of Macon, as a means to counter my continuing efforts to expose this crap for what it is. Assuming that itself, wasn't also a lie. He did after all, say it on Wikipedia.

:roll:

Good job son. See you at the journalism awards, right?

:lol:

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:00 pm

It just goes from bad to worse for Guy...

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/07/ ... -pronouns/

He's a hero of the transphobe community!

He honestly tried not to harm Fae for Fae's choice of how to identify Fae, he really did, or so he claims, and it's a COMPLETE ACCIDENT that the whole thing has led to Fae's life story being written up in a publication read by the very people who probably want to hunt down and kill people like Fae.

Gee, I wonder if anyone will notice that a Wikipedia Arbitration Committee Member is also currently playing this whole game of OH NO I HONESTLY DON'T HATE FAE FOR HIS PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS while blatantly harassing Fae because of how he defends his personal characteristics.

Guy Macon was just sticking up for good grammar, and came late to the realisation he was wrong. Once he got blocked for it.

Perhaps now Guy Macon realises the error of having been such a jackass all his life, he was never able to level up and climb the Wikipedia ladder and attain immunity, unlike Beeblebrox.

Beeblebrox never has to live in fear of being blocked for violating a made up rule. He can get away with violating actual existing rules.

First Rule of Powerful Transphobe Club. You have to be powerful. :lol:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:40 pm

If you're looking to humiliate Wikipedia's insider crew, Ashley is excellent ammunition.

Also, perhaps there should be a subforum for Guy Macon.....you certainly like to bring him up, over and over....

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:35 pm

Oh Stephen, you poor naive fool.....

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... =19&t=2217

:lol:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:56 pm

btw.....I've already tried to contact Harrison and offer him a copy of the book notes. Apparently in 2018 he tried to "interview" BD2412, without even knowing the asshole's real name. Ditto with a few others (the Pruitt article in the WAPO should be clearly marked as being "propaganda") that Harrison obviously learned little to nothing really factual about. Nor does he care.

That's not "journalism". That is Wikipedia fanqueefing. Which the Washington Post and (especially) Slate are allowing him to indulge in. Stephen Harrison is acting as a "Tiger Beat writer" for WP interests. He might as well be talking about Justin Bieber.

Anyway Harrison studiously ignored my messages. No doubt he asked one or two of his stupid Wiki-Buds if I was to be "trusted" and the shriekers shrieked "NOT OF THE BODY" etc. Conclusion: Harrison is NOT a serious journalist and his maunderings about Wikipedia are NOT likely to be "completely factual".

He will also evidently have to find out the hard way, that many Wikipedia insiders are unstable fuckheads who might turn on him someday, for no sane reason.

I bet you didn't know that Blurasberry is maintaining a list of Harrison's public Wiki-ass-sucking.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:43 am

It appears that Harrison's wikipaganda is funded by the donor class.

https://www.newamerica.org/our-funding/

Curious that there is no en.wp page on Pivotal Ventures, LLC...

I wonder if he'll be authorized to write a follow-up story about Dalek Supreme X, his bitcoin-standard source. :lol:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:49 pm

sashi wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:43 am
https://www.newamerica.org/our-funding/
Curious that there is no en.wp page on Pivotal Ventures, LLC...
Nonprofits that contribute to the WMF get "speshul treatment" on WP. Nonprofits that also pay editors to control their Wikipedia content get "sparkly magical treatment". As you well know, having been b& for bringing up Sagecandor.

Or you could ask them about the Knight Foundation and their "magical treatment" on WP. Or Google's generally scandal-free coverage....after being given millions by Google's founders. Or the WMF's extremely friendly relations with the Berkman Klein Center, after putting JImbo :whambo: on the masthead. Most of the Berkman principals have Wikipedia bios, which are constantly being watched and sanitized by Wikipedia insiders.

Or similar "arrangements" with the Sunlight Foundaton. And many other examples.
I wonder if he'll be authorized to write a follow-up story about Dalek Supreme X, his bitcoin-standard source. :lol:
Note that Guy's sock has NOT been blocked yet. Even though the name was changed to "Guy_Macon_Alternate_Account". Idiots.