Ever wondered about hapless nerd "Epicgenius"?

Because no one else is doing it--not even the media.
AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Re: Ever wondered about hapless nerd "Epicgenius"?

Post by AndrewForson » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:35 am

The Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce, to give it its fully pretentious title, is a "a charity which encourages the release of human potential to address the challenges that society faces", "to enrich society through ideas and action". Think of it as being a 1750s equivalent of the WMF -- of course a dyed-in-the-wool Wikipedian would gravitate there. A "Fellow" is nothing more than a subscription-paying member, there are some thirty thousand of them. The real distinction for artists is to be a Fellow of the Royal Academy.

singora
Sucks

Post by singora » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:58 am

AndrewForson wrote:The Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce, to give it its fully pretentious title, is a "a charity which encourages the release of human potential to address the challenges that society faces", "to enrich society through ideas and action". Think of it as being a 1750s equivalent of the WMF -- of course a dyed-in-the-wool Wikipedian would gravitate there. A "Fellow" is nothing more than a subscription-paying member, there are some thirty thousand of them. The real distinction for artists is to be a Fellow of the Royal Academy.

So, let's all sign up:

https://www.thersa.org/fellowship/join-the-fellowship

I'm a published designer, so all I need to do next is:

FELLOWS PAY A £14.58 MONTHLY CHARITABLE SUBSCRIPTION

Dudes, I'm gonna join. I REALLY want those FRSA letters after my name.

And after that, I'll do one of those (total joke) online IQ tests and join MENSA.

We could have a contest to see who can get the most letters after their name. But I reckon I'd win.

PS. It always amuses me when people put letters after their name. If I'm correct, I could actually have nine letters after my name, but it's a really silly thing to do.

And that's all for today.

Regards

Singora OXON BA MA FRSA WANKER

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:57 am

I don't know if anyone ever posted the video interview of Ryan Ng & Shaul Picker.

Of course Ng is better known for his participation in the WaPo article "Wikipedia editors are essentially writing the election guide millions of voters will read" (This is the title as it appears on social media due to its metadata title).

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:25 pm

Ryan is still up to his old "tricks". Did he generate this massive slab because he loves the New Yorker Hotel, or was he paid? Or is he just a hopeless ADHD case? Can't tell. Sure looks like a paid article.

https://xtools.wmcloud.org/articleinfo/ ... rker_Hotel

Side note: mentioned only because of this hilarity:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/24/nyre ... fraud.html
Last edited by ericbarbour on Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.