Wikipedia's bias against Republican voters is proper and fair, in theory, but they are abusing it

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
oranges33
Sucks Fan

Wikipedia's bias against Republican voters is proper and fair, in theory, but they are abusing it

Post by oranges33 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:04 pm

if you don't explicitly discourage Republicans from editing or holding positions of power, they'll fuck everything up with misinfo and lies

however Wikipedia lets their anti-Republican bias cloud too much of their generic articles. I don't always care who and who is an anti-semite or a republican or whatever, sometimes i just wanna know more about subjects outside that
Last edited by oranges33 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oranges33
Sucks Fan

Re: Wikipedia's bias against Republican voters is proper and fair, in theory, but they are abusing it

Post by oranges33 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:06 pm

Of note is that Tim Pool and Lauren Southern are considering suing Wikipedia or it's authors on their articles, and I don't think they'd lose.

oranges33
Sucks Fan

Re: Wikipedia's bias against Republican voters is proper and fair, in theory, but they are abusing it

Post by oranges33 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:12 pm

WP authors should just use RationalWiki for unhinged rants about republicans, that's what it's for, it's tech stack is even run by a chief wikipedia tech guy

Cla68
Sucks

Post by Cla68 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:33 am

Wikipedia's regulars and admins are mostly too young to understand that politics shift. Some positions that are important to the Democrats now used to be Republican talking points 20-30 years ago, and vice versa. Also, the tide of the electorate in the US constantly shifts between the two parties. So, when they fill all Republican-related articles with accusations of "supporting Q-Anon" and the like, once the tide turns as it may do over the next 2-4 years, it makes Wikipedia look even more stupid than it usually does.

SkepticalHistorian
Sucks Fan

Post by SkepticalHistorian » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:29 am

oranges33 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:06 pm
Of note is that Tim Pool and Lauren Southern are considering suing Wikipedia or it's authors on their articles, and I don't think they'd lose.
So that’s why so many WP editors use fake names? They should know the etymology of “devil” means to slander, falsely accuse.