Democalypse 2019

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Democalypse 2019

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 02, 2019 4:42 pm

So, I just voted in local elections. For a laugh, armed with timely knowledge of the pertinent facts etc, I checked the Wikipedia article for the election in my district and it was as bad as you might expect - the usual errors of ommission, and surprisingly given these elections are basically for who collects the garbage, there was the rather obvious whiff of bias in favour of the hard left and against the hard right, and similarly skewed for all points inbetween. The poor old Green Party obviously has no friends, an error of ommission about their campaign making them look like real dicks.

What made me really laugh my ass off however, was the template at the bottom of the page.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template: ... ions,_2019

It purports to list the page for every election being contested. It is a sea of red, with my election apparently being one of the tiny few deemed important enough to have been created before polling day.

Fucking amateur hour shit, this. Only Wikipedia pretends to have the grand ambition of documenting such things in a timely fashion, and the sheer arrogance to not actually bother to do it.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Democalypse 2019

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu May 02, 2019 5:16 pm

Wel........very informative :mrgreen:

But I have a question for you as a Englishman. Yesterday I found my voting pass of the European elections in my mailbox. well, European election are not very important in continental Europe. Because the national governments want to keep the Europarlement as powerless as possible and in the hands of the different political party''s. European elections are more or less symbolic.

But now with the (none) Brexit, does that change this elections for England and in what way?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 02, 2019 6:12 pm

We are having Euro elections. It will be pointless, it will be used to simply make a point about Brexit, it with people either voting for parties who are for or against Brexit. I can't see why they couldn't just temporarily extend the terms of our existing MEPs, since holding elections in a Member State that has triggered the legal process to leave, is quite absurd. Too simple I guess.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu May 02, 2019 6:52 pm

In general I can say we hear very, very little about the Brexit in central Europe, so I don't have much information about it. European politics is in Brussels, far, far from the "common People". I said it before, Brussels is just a market place for the country's there governments.

But to get things straight, these elections a of non influence for the Brexit proces and the die is cast, the Brexit is reversible and they only bought some more time with this delay. And accidentally are there European elections but they are unimportant political and unimportant for the Brexit proces. Is this correct?