An interesting survey

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

An interesting survey

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun May 23, 2021 12:10 pm

I don't know about you, but I would be happy to assume a survey that found the following reader perceptions regarding media bias....

AP: centre
BBC: left of centre
NYT/Bloomberg: left

....was probably quite a good survey.

https://www.allsides.com/blog/how-reade ... s-and-more

The Wikishits disagree. Why? One result that offends them.....

Epoch Times: centre (if a touch right)

To the Wikipedia communtiy, as the very first commenter made clear, sources perceived as having any flavour of right in them, as perceived by the general public (worth noting here that the Daily Mail is is the most popular and seen as the most right wing UK newspaper), have quite another classification in Wikipedia:
Epoch Times is straight garbage.
That person is one of many senior Wikipedia editors that have found a home at Wikipediocracy.

Way to sell out, Jake. Always happy to promote the idea that Wikipedia editors opinons trump that of the general public, with one specific incident applauded in that forum now making a lot of sense.

Remember that time when Ming the Mong said it didn't matter if Wikipedia was calling The Gateway Pundit nothing but a promoter of conspiracy theories didn't have a source to back that claim up, because the only source you needed was Google and your own eyes?

I remember it. I rememeber how I was treated like I was crazy for expecting Wikipedia to have to provide sources for such things. Even though THAT IS THEIR CKEARLY STATED POLICY.

Relevance?

Well, the culture is alive and well on Wikipedia, no thanks to Wikipediocracy.....
Epoch Times is listed in Wikipedia as a far-right source (and this is a statement made in Wikivoice)
They are also rubbish the idea that 2,000 is big enough of a survey. Uh huh. And how few people did it take to get the Mail banned as "generally unreliable" on Wikipedia? Around 50, if I recall. The self-selecting nature of Wikishits as a survey group, also being rather obvious.
Last edited by Jake Is A Sellout on Mon May 24, 2021 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

badmachine
Sucker

Re: An interesting survey

Post by badmachine » Sun May 23, 2021 7:45 pm

link plz? i only ask so i don't have to root around in the Wikipedia hogslop for it. me and mom get the Epoch Times, she likes their puzzles and i like their perspective on China and other issues.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sun May 23, 2021 9:35 pm

Just type it in SHOUTYCAPCASE in the usual way: WP:EPOCHTIMES

As for which survey JisaS is referring to, I'm not sure...

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Sun May 23, 2021 10:16 pm

it wasn't as hard to find as i thought, even with their crappy new search function:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_sources/Noticeboard/Archive_279#The_Epoch_Times,_once_again

Searching for the survey, it seems KillerChihuahua has some grudge against Epoch Times since 2006, yet offered no input (as KillerChihuahua anyway) on whether to deprecate it as a source

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Mon May 24, 2021 8:05 am

My bad, link added.