Note to Wikipedia: Richard Branson doesn't give a fuck what you think of him, and why would he? Next to him, you are 0.

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Note to Wikipedia: Richard Branson doesn't give a fuck what you think of him, and why would he? Next to him, you are 0.

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:46 pm

Loving this. So (screamingly left wing) Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... paceflight

In the real world, Richard Branson did a newsworthy thing yesterday. Through a mix of sad pendantry and obvious jealousy, the Wikishits chose not to acknowledge it.

On what planet does Richard Branson need the exposure of Wikipedia's front page?

On what planet does Richard Branson spend even a SECOND of his life worrying about what these losers think of his Virgin Galactic outfit?

If they really wanted people to believe they're not serving as some kind of free promoter, they might want to ask themselves why they have done what everypne would expect those sad geeks to do in this case - had an absolute nerdgasm when it comes to writing about Virgin Galactic in their "encyclopedia".......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Virgin_Galactic

Pretty sure most of that could be ported to Fandom, without harming the sum of human knowledge.

I wonder what Jimmy thinks of these fucking losers and their inferiority complexes? We already know.......

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE ABLE TO BREATH THE SAME AIR AS SIR RICHARD BRANSON!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=91ZF8LJVkOQ

Jimmy isn't a billionaire, as he never tires of telling everyone. But he does move in their circles. Sometimes.

(I urge everyone to watch that video, and LAUGH THEIR ASSEES OFF at the surprising realisation that none other than Richard Branson, him off the airplanes and the cola, was a very early and enthusiastic supporter of Wikipedia, so he's probably the very last person they should be venting ther small minded left wing prejudices toward)

Mugs.

Not that I looked very hard, but I couldn't find any evidence Richard Branson has made any more recent plaudits of the Wikipedia project. Perhaps he heard what people like The Rambling Man had turned it into, and decided it was a failure.

Shame.

Virgin Encyclopedia would have been a perfect brand name, in so many ways.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Note to Wikipedia: Richard Branson doesn't give a fuck what you think of him, and why would he? Next to him, you are

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:46 pm
THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE ABLE TO BREATH THE SAME AIR AS SIR RICHARD BRANSON!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=91ZF8LJVkOQ
Dunno, i would have led with this video first.....
This is exactly what I would expect them to do.

Hey, you wanna learn more about Wikipedia administrator Masem?
https://encyclopediadramatica.online/Masem

Branson is disgusting and I personally don't think 50 miles is exactly "space", but this is an excellent illustration of Wiki-losers and nobodies pissing on a filthy-rich narcissist. None of them looks "good" here.

I could go on for pages about why Branson has the money to build spaceships. Recently commented on social media that the Spice Girls (well, 4/5ths of them anyway, Victoria has had enough) are going back on tour this summer, despite being in their 40s and a little too old to do teenybopper girl-power anthems. But there is a reason: they have to make money somehow, because they sold 90 MILLION records for Virgin Records in the last 25 years. And they personally got almost NONE of that money. Branson's idiot company made out like crazy. And they were only one group, amongst dozens of popular artists who were screwed over by Virgin and turned Branson into a "captain of industry", and "earned" him a knighthood.

For that matter, the engine in SpaceshipTwo is a really simple and clever design. Still: like the designs of the ship and the carrier aircraft, Branson didn't develop or pay for developing it--he bought the design in from another company. If you're curious about the engine, DO NOT BOTHER with the Wikipedia article, as it has no diagrams whatsoever and does not do a good job of explaining it to laymen. You've gotta go elsewhere to see diagrams. Plus AS USUAL the WP coverage of Virgin Galactic is full of errors and outdated commentary.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Re: Note to Wikipedia: Richard Branson doesn't give a fuck what you think of him, and why would he? Next to him, you are

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:55 am

The below copypasted from this: https://www.currentaffairs.org/2021/01/ ... themselves

.....This is even true in the case of Richard Branson, the “fun” billionaire who people like. (Blurbs from the back of Losing My Virginity, include Newsweek: “He wears his fame and money exceedingly well… he isn’t interested in power [and] just wants to have fun.” GQ: “he embodies America’s cherished mythology of the iconoclastic, swashbuckling entrepreneur.” Ivana Trump: “Richard is good-looking and very smart.”) In a jaw-dropping anecdote about his early days editing and publishing a magazine called Student, Branson relates how he discovered that his co-founder wanted to turn the business into a worker cooperative, and Branson saved the situation by lying and making his friend think the workers hated him:

[H]e had left a draft of a memo, which he was writing to the staff. It was a plan to get rid of me as publisher and editor, to take editorial and financial control of Student, and to turn it into a cooperative. I would become just part of the team, and everyone would share equally in the editorial direction of the magazine. I was shocked. I felt that Nik, my closest friend, was betraying me… I decided to bluff my way through the crisis… [If the staff were] undecided, then I could drive a wedge between Nik and the rest of them and cut Nik out.

[…] “Nik,” I said as we walked down the street, “a number of people have come up to me and said they’re unhappy with what you’re planning. [note: a lie] They don’t like the idea, but they’re too scared to tell you to your face.” Nik looked horrified.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to stay here,” I went on. “You’re trying to undermine me and the whole of Student.”… Nik looked down at his feet.

“I’m sorry, Ricky,” he said. “It just seemed a better way to organize ourselves…” He trailed off.

“I’m sorry too, Nik.” … Nik left that day… I hate criticizing people who work with me… Ever since then I have always tried to avoid the issue by asking someone else to wield the ax.

So he's sucked since he was a college student or possibly before. I find it hilarious that Branson and Bezos (if Bezos doesn't blow up on the pad) did not/will not reach Earth orbit, so Yuri Gagarin is still above them.

Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.