something fishy at Black Lives Matter

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
badmachine
Sucker

something fishy at Black Lives Matter

Post by badmachine » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:49 am

Recent news about Black Lives Matters might make someone want to look at the Wikipedia article on the subject.

Turns out that there are several articles, including one about the organization set up by Patrisse Cullors. Created Oct 21 2020by an entity called Mangokeylime.

Hmm what was going on right around October 2020?
Public filings showed that Thousand Currents transferred more than $66 million in cash to BLMGNF in October of 2020 when the grassroots fundraising organization broke with the group while Khan-Cullors was still in charge.
how convenient.jpg

Also it's curious that the BLM disambiguation page did not list the organization until some helpful IP added it on Feb 1, 2022. :whistle:

The pageview tool shows that the tactic successfully redirected most views to the primary article at "Black Lives Matter":
Black Lives Matter 3,406,393
Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation 108,464
The article on the movement has 31 times the views of the "BLM Global Network", It just seems fishy is all. :^)

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: something fishy at Black Lives Matter

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:46 am

The whole thing is reminiscent of the weirdness that surrounded Occupy Wall Street. An organization that starts as a reaction to epic levels of corruption or abuse by government officials. (You can't get much more corrupt or abusive than Wall Street!) The public face of the organization ends up being "true believers in the cause" who are incompetent at PR work (or worse).

Meanwhile disgusted citizens are going "we want to help, where do I send the check?" which invites all kinds of "side corruption". The winner is whoever does the best job of projecting victimhood, or manipulating public opinion. The loser is the fool who sent checks to a mail drop.

Right-wing groups in the "single issue" area tend to be better funded and are smart enough to leave the PR to professionals. Leftist groups seem to be more erratic. Let us never forget u/abolishwork. (Free advice: don't pick your nose in front of a live Fox News camera.....)

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:56 pm

I went downtown to check out Occupy Wall Street

1) OWS was a relatively small compared to some of the protests I was unfortunate enough to have wandered into in Europe (including a scare your pants off communist rally). It did not even compare to the hoopla of a European soccer game ending

2) NYC police encased a TINY PARK in fencing and personnel, they had a mobile observation tower that would make any concentration camp proud, and they deployed intelligence units in force. Every technological asset of NYPD was in play; and the technology was better than some nation states.

3) Unions bused in teachers and other civil servants (In retirement I consider those folks royalty because they are all living like its 1999 without a financial care in the world - they may not be the 1% but for sure they are in the top 5% or 10%).

4) Most of the young folk were there for fun not political action.

5) The "leader" I spoke to was NOT actually aggrieved.

6) Then one night OWS was gone never to return.I think the police scattered the party off in the dead of night.Salient point or not other Kool-aid "play-movements" have taken the place of OWS only to follow its footsteps into irrelevancy.

What is relevant here;

THE NOISE folks can make (in the media) these days is disproportional to the reality of the situation. Wikipedia occupies too much real estate on the Internet and too few unqualified (or mentally ill) people frame the "reality." Its about money when it comes to Wikipedia, the teachers of OWS feigning poverty, the NYPD getting more toys and personnel, and Google getting free content. All roads lead to a profit center! and that goes for BLM.

WE live in Steve Job's reality distortion field.

--------

Wikipedia was not consulted in the making of this post.
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:53 pm

wexter wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:56 pm
I went downtown to check out Occupy Wall Street

1) OWS was a relatively small compared to some of the protests I was unfortunate enough to have wandered into in Europe (including a scare your pants off communist rally). It did not even compare to the hoopla of a European soccer game ending

2) NYC police encased a TINY PARK in fencing and personnel, they had a mobile observation tower that would make any concentration camp proud, and they deployed intelligence units in force. Every technological asset of NYPD was in play; and the technology was better than some nation states.

3) Unions bused in teachers and other civil servants (In retirement I consider those folks royalty because they are all living like its 1999 without a financial care in the world - they may not be the 1% but for sure they are in the top 5% or 10%).

4) Most of the young folk were there for fun not political action.

5) The "leader" I spoke to was NOT actually aggrieved.

6) Then one night OWS was gone never to return.I think the police scattered the party off in the dead of night.Salient point or not other Kool-aid "play-movements" have taken the place of OWS only to follow its footsteps into irrelevancy.

What is relevant here;

THE NOISE folks can make (in the media) these days is disproportional to the reality of the situation. Wikipedia occupies too much real estate on the Internet and too few unqualified (or mentally ill) people frame the "reality." Its about money when it comes to Wikipedia, the teachers of OWS feigning poverty, the NYPD getting more toys and personnel, and Google getting free content. All roads lead to a profit center! and that goes for BLM.

WE live in Steve Job's reality distortion field.

--------

Wikipedia was not consulted in the making of this post.
Of course the "leader" was not aggrieved. They* was probably a fed.

*singular they. :^)

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Wed May 24, 2023 9:51 pm

lol https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/blm-recor ... -tax-docs/

"Mangokeylime" has ensured that the corrupt org is separated from the slogan/movement at least on the all knowing oracle wikipedia. hopefully they* were paid really well.

1:17, Cullors says she didnt know what a form 990 is
1:27, Cullors says people dont care what a form 990 is
1:47, Cullors refers to form 990 as "triggering"

and so on and so on. 💸💸💸💸💸

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu May 25, 2023 7:05 pm

badmachine wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 9:51 pm
1:17, Cullors says she didnt know what a form 990 is
1:27, Cullors says people dont care what a form 990 is
1:47, Cullors refers to form 990 as "triggering"
and so on and so on. 💸💸💸💸💸
Once you've got a large and deranged fanclub, you don't have to know what a Form 990 is.....or anything else. Cullors and her crew obviously made it over that wall of "respectability" and is now gonna grind money until a) people get fed up with the grift or b) they get tossed into jail. Option a) is more likely, but could easily take 10-20 years or more.

The deranged fans will do the cover-ups for you. Ask Jimbo! :whambo: