Eastern European Warfare

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: Eastern European Warfare

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:26 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:22 pm
El_C is one of the worst insider admins in their history. Few people have noticed it to date. Too many sleazy acts and dirty tricks to list. Sucked up to SlimVirgin, hated/purged political conservatives, sneaky pro-Israel type, blocked anyone he was arguing with about content, pulled strings to get unblocked or his sysop powers restored (REPEATEDLY), and on top of all that, he's probably a sockpuppet belonging to another "prominent wikipedian".
The quote on his user page is AMAZINGLY ironic.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:28 am

ericbarbour wrote:
wexter wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:46 pm
The "Eastern European Witch Hunt" has been called out for what it is "a total failure of process at Wikipedia"
Evidence of what? & suggestions
I wish you would PLEASE summarize these long posts. Wikipedia arbitrations routinely turn into unreadable walls of jabber.....Jabber which nobody really reads or analyzes in depth--which covers up whatever stupid thing they are trying to hide. And to summarize arbitrations, you have to boil down their insane typing-practice exercises. Please. Try to boil these things down if at all possible.

Also, be warned, it is very likely that someone will block your accounts after reading this thread. In the early days it was routine for WP insiders to shriek "BADSITE" about Wikipedia Review. And yet, they also used threads on WR to figure out what was happening in complex and loudly-disputed noticeboard squabbles and arbitrations. So they hated it and pretended it didn't exist, but they read and used it anyway. Hypocrisy is their most popular "unwritten policy".
But over on the "Analysis" page it's more like Icewhiz #metoo.
El_C is one of the worst insider admins in their history. Few people have noticed it to date. Too many sleazy acts and dirty tricks to list. Sucked up to SlimVirgin, hated/purged political conservatives, sneaky pro-Israel type, blocked anyone he was arguing with about content, pulled strings to get unblocked or his sysop powers restored (REPEATEDLY), and on top of all that, he's probably a sockpuppet belonging to another "prominent wikipedian".
Could you tell me more about El C? He appears to have been at one point desysoped by Jimbo Wales.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:35 am

ericbarbour wrote:
wexter wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:46 pm
The "Eastern European Witch Hunt" has been called out for what it is "a total failure of process at Wikipedia"
Evidence of what? & suggestions
I wish you would PLEASE summarize these long posts. Wikipedia arbitrations routinely turn into unreadable walls of jabber.....Jabber which nobody really reads or analyzes in depth--which covers up whatever stupid thing they are trying to hide. And to summarize arbitrations, you have to boil down their insane typing-practice exercises. Please. Try to boil these things down if at all possible.
I would very much like that. I am so confused.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:13 pm

someone will block your accounts after reading this thread.
My account was actually indefinitely blocked by an arbitration committee member on a whim/pretext.
"has been or may be used abusively. It has been blocked indefinitely from editing to prevent abuse."
(as you can see I might do something in the future that is abusive - pre-crime thought crime.)

And just as quickly it was "unblocked;" because there are many eyes on this arbitration..

and then I was the target of an actual threat - which was initially hidden from me by "the process" - the safety team does not care about me..

Blocking based on this thread, yet again, would be a retaliatory-pretext as well;

Most likely outsiders looking,, with they just cannot get away with the usual toxic and retaliatory behavior..

WMF is not going to look at itself and admit it needs to implement reforms... instead of fixing anything they are circling the wagons.. while trying to have "clean hands"

..and like this indefinite block and then oops and un-block they are tripping on themselves and making themselves look even worse

The same thing with writing a testimonial for one of the folks accused in the research paper; after failing to take responsibly by delegating the concern to an arbitration (Supreme Kangaroo Court); and then acknowledging that in some instances Wikipedia could present real world dangers and all sorts of downsides to editors; it is the most toxic social network there is; it is just totally embarrassing

And for my verbose posts, apologize, to sum it up in one line; Wikipedia is the most toxic social network in existence
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:26 pm

Could someone give me a summary? I can't read through 500 pages of wiki-gibberish.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:06 pm

wexter wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:13 pm
someone will block your accounts after reading this thread.
My account was actually indefinitely blocked by an arbitration committee member on a whim/pretext.
"has been or may be used abusively. It has been blocked indefinitely from editing to prevent abuse."
(as you can see I might do something in the future that is abusive - pre-crime thought crime.)

And just as quickly it was "unblocked;" because there are many eyes on this arbitration..

and then I was the target of an actual threat - which was initially hidden from me by "the process" - the safety team does not care about me..

Blocking based on this thread, yet again, would be a retaliatory-pretext as well;

Most likely outsiders looking,, with they just cannot get away with the usual toxic and retaliatory behavior..

WMF is not going to look at itself and admit it needs to implement reforms... instead of fixing anything they are circling the wagons.. while trying to have "clean hands"

..and like this indefinite block and then oops and un-block they are tripping on themselves and making themselves look even worse

The same thing with writing a testimonial for one of the folks accused in the research paper; after failing to take responsibly by delegating the concern to an arbitration (Supreme Kangaroo Court); and then acknowledging that in some instances Wikipedia could present real world dangers and all sorts of downsides to editors; it is the most toxic social network there is; it is just totally embarrassing

And for my verbose posts, apologize, to sum it up in one line; Wikipedia is the most toxic social network in existence
The elephant question in the room is gonna be, how to make Wikipedia fail so that it won't harm any more souls? As of now the Holocaust distortion scandal and Jennsaurus' investigations on Wikipedia admin's harassment of banned users seem to be best shots.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:19 pm

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:06 pm
The elephant question in the room is gonna be, how to make Wikipedia fail so that it won't harm any more souls? As of now the Holocaust distortion scandal and Jennsaurus' investigations on Wikipedia admin's harassment of banned users seem to be best shots.
Again: DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH. There have already been epic hellstorms on WP over Israel/Palestine, Eastern Europe (which continue even though Russavia was WMF-banned in 2015), India/Pakistan, Ukraine/Russia, Armenia/Azeri, Senkaku Islands, blah blah blah. They did NOT cause Wikipedia to "collapse". Nothing that Jennsaurus uncovers will ever have much of an effect on abusive admins.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:07 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:19 pm
Ognistysztorm wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:06 pm
The elephant question in the room is gonna be, how to make Wikipedia fail
"Wikipedia (WMF) is just totally embarrassing itself, and they are tripping over themselves"

Internally, An amazingly small group of people are relevant to content and administration - the core people are easily identifiable here
Externally, Google search results leverage the free content

Internally, the platform is aging out...
Externally, replacement technologies are in the works..

It will be AOL'ed - it wont go away..

Being AOL'ed will eventually occur - remember "You Got Mail with Tom Hanks in 1998" when it was ubiquitous, AOL has 5 million users today (millions of users) but it is not relevant..

Just wait for WMF to catch up to the AI buzz.. you will know being AOL'ed will shortly follow.. 5 years...
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."